Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Updated September 27, 2014
2.6

Sedgwick Claims Management Services President and CEO Dave North
Dave North

Pros
  • The company valued a flexible work/life balance along with providing good benefits (in 28 reviews)

• Good people, supportive management, work-life balance, career development (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • The worst part of the job period is the work/life balance (in 16 reviews)

• The amount of work for their expectations is absurd (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

good if you don't mind always feeling behind

I have been working at Sedgwick Claims Management Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good salary if you really do only work 7 1/2 hrs a day, friendly people, good computer systems, not micromanaged.

Cons

Complex processes, Consistently have more work than you can do in the amount of time you're supposed to be working. Working 9+ hour days, not taking lunch or breaks and still am about a day's worth of work behind.

Re-evaluate the work load vs. the amount of hours you are expecting employees to work. Good amount of PTO but it's difficult to take PTO without falling another full day of work behind.

Sedgwick

I have been working at Sedgwick Claims Management Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Large TPA providing all lines of business, good colleague benefits to include a fair amount of PTO. Friendly colleagues and professional work atmosphere.

Cons

Heavy workload, however hopefully that results in job security.

King of Prussia office is Terrible!!! Please get me out!!!!!!!!!!!

Current Employee - Claims Examiner  in  King of Prussia Post Office, PA
    Current Employee - Claims Examiner in King of Prussia Post Office, PA

I have been working at Sedgwick Claims Management Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Decent employees!! One decent Team Lead, unfortunately, he is under the gun for being a good leader and tries to lighten the atmosphere in the office. God for bid!!

Cons

Director and most of the Team Leads are Awful and Clueless!!!! Not a team oriented company at all. Gostople like tactics!!! Horrible company to work for anxiety every time I come in to this god forsaken hell hole. Not kidding, worst experience of my life, I need to get out!! Looking hardcore for a job!!!

Hire the right team leads, and directors. Respect your employees and motivate by example not by threatening their jobs..

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Do not work here

Current Employee - Claims Examiner
    Current Employee - Claims Examiner

Pros

The only pro for the place is the PTO. You cannot beat the paid time off.

Cons

-The amount of work for their expectations is absurd. There is no pleasing anyone in this company. They pile the claims on you and expect you to swim when you do not have time to even breathe.
    -They watch your every move; when you blink, they know.
    -There is no work to life balance. You go home and think about how much repetitive work you will have the next day.
    -The managers are extremely unprofessional and fake.

RUN! DO NOT MAKE THIS MISTAKE!

Former Employee - Claims Examiner III  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Claims Examiner III in Dallas, TX

I worked at Sedgwick Claims Management Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

THERE ARE NONE and again there are none!

Cons

As almost everyone has already said, the expectations are not realistic. The time to complete work is so unrealistic - the work load toO ridiculous; which sets you up to fail. This in turn giveS them an excuse to reduce everyone's raise - that's if there is one approved. Understand if you go to work here you will never do enough to be appreciated. I was a manager and the managers meetings WERE jokes - they primarily have them in order to laugh and gossip about staff - and the main one leading the gossip sessions was top management. These meetings were not done as to game plan or team play as how to support employees, but to play pawns as to who will be the next to fail and fall. This was very disturbing to me and it fell on "deaf" ears at the HR level. There are no cost of living raises and they "plan" as not to be able to give merit raises - by setting the bar so high no one can possibly reach it. Question: if NO employee - NOT even the top producers are reaching expectations - then it is time to review "the" expections....seriously! There was not one person who is happy with the conditions, but management ignored all suggestions for possible improvements. And if other managers attempted to be different and leave the pack as to built bridges - that was cause for excomminication and you received NO help with training, questions or basically ANYTHING> They ask for input, but nothing ever got done about the work load. I would equate it to being in the military, that would be too good. It was like what describes a "sweat shop" - It was stressful, demeaning, exploitative and ultimately it take its toll on you. They really don't seem to care especially management. I later reviewed their turn over rate and realized it was extremely high - I could see why. When someone quits (which was frequent) , it took forever to replace them and everybody had to fill in for months on end and other managers did NOT pitch in to help. They are micromanagers who stand over everyone as if they are gods over slaves yelling "ROW YOU DOGS." When new hires come aboard the team is expected to train them while they are still doing more than one person's unrealistic work load. All this for marginal pay. Like I said I was management - I could no longer gossip, be a task master and manage as this company expects - PITIFUL EXISTANCE TO WORK FOR THIS COMPANY.

First go get an formal education and learn how to manage people. Get region or something, but learn that gossiping about employees is not only destructive, but sadistic and downright mean. Third, learn that in order to manage you must have a "servant" mentality OR you shouldn't be in management.

I thought I was getting a claims job, but ended up working in a sweatshop

Current Employee - Leave of Absence Coordinator  in  Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Leave of Absence Coordinator in Irving, TX

I have been working at Sedgwick Claims Management Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

PTO...the company is very generous with their PTO.

Cons

This place is ridiculous. The work load is CRAZY! The workload that you are given per day is more than one person can do in two to three days. Then they get upset when you can't complete it. The audits don't accurately reflect the examiner's ability, and no one in management wants to take any suggestions on how to improve the conditions. My suggestion to anyone thinking of getting a job with Sedgwick is to stay long enough to get the experience and then run away as soon as possible. If not for the workload, it would be an okay place to work,but I can't stand it anymore.

Hire and RETAIN quality employees. Listen to what the employees are saying when they say that they're stressed.

Job will crush your soul

I worked at Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Pros

Coworkers are mostly very friendly and competent. The cafeteria is big with lots of options. You are not micro managed to death.

Cons

The nature of the job is such that people are always lying to you. Almost everyone you talk to is angry with you, before you have even spoken. Many people make unrealistic demands and threaten you with litigation. It is just constant frustration.

Pay people more, and let them fill things out more efficiently. The audits are a bit ridiculous.

Sedgwick is a great company.

I have been working at Sedgwick Claims Management Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Sedgwick is very employee friendly.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say since I like my employer.

Typical TPA

Former Employee - Claims  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Claims in Tampa, FL

I worked at Sedgwick Claims Management Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Generous amount of PTO, casual work environment

Cons

Depending on the account you will have tough standards that aren't found in other carriers, claim loads, and unprofessional co-workers.

Growing pains

I have been working at Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Pros

Many locations makes commuting easier
    Largest tpa means a lot of different and innovative clients

Cons

Working at tpa means a lot of non-insurance people are hired to oversee technical people which makes technical jobs harder

Sedgwick Claims Management Services Photos

What your desk will look like.
The breakroom.
View from the breakroom.

+ Add Photo

Worked for Sedgwick Claims Management Services? Contribute to the Community!