SeekingSitters

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Adrienne Kallweit

Awesome

ProsYou get to pick your own hours. The pay is decent and families more often then not tip. Kids are for the most part well behaved

ConsDepending on where you live some locations to babysit can be very far. There are no opportunities for promotions

Great experience,

Babysitter (Former Employee)
    Riverside, CA

ProsI loved working for this company because I was able to make my own schedule and accept and decline jobs as needed so great job to have as a student. Felt very safe going to family's homes knowing that my franchise manager had interviewed and background checked all families. Franchise manager was very nice and always looking out to get babysitters more jobs.

ConsPay is low and set because as a babysitter with their company you are agreeing to receiving their rates for the babysitting jobs. Not much room for raises either.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think that the pay should be increased some. Most babysitters are just students and still gaining experience but it would be more of an incentive to stay with the company longer if the pay were a little better.

So annoyed

Nanny (Current Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsHelps me find babysitting jobs in my area which is awesome because their office is located in Oklahoma but I don't live in that state, will pay for gas if I have to make a long trip, also pays for any expenses I buy (not totally sure what I can put on there just yet... it's not like the people I talked to were very clear)

ConsThey tell you to email them (the higher-ups) with problems or issues but they don't even respond back! The website is absolutely irritating to use and even confusing!

Advice to Senior ManagementFix up the website and make it less confusing! And respond back when you say you will!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best Company

Baby Sitter (Former Employee)
    Albany, NY

ProsI was able to work as much or as little as I wanted. I maintained fulltime jobs during the year that I worked for this company and also picked up part time occassional sitting jobs in the evenings and during the weekend. Families that I developed a good relationship with had the ability to request me when they put in their job requests and that made it easy for me to get to know the children I was working with very well even if I only saw them on occassion. The owner was amazing and super accomodating and offered many opportunities to work and also get paid to help with marketing and community events. We worked in military events and got to offer the service to many military families who needed it in order to spend time with their spouses.

I will say good sitters got jobs more often. Anyone that complains about the amount of work they received either didn't make themselves available or perhaps didn't give the quality of care that warranted families requesting them to come back. I never had an issue getting as many hours as I wanted, especially since I would accept last minute jobs. Making myself available made the owner learn to count on me and I was offered more frequent longterm jobs first.

ConsThe pay is slightly less than you could make working as a private sitter, however, you are able to go into the home knowing that you are safe and that the family has had a background check, and also that if they cancel on you, you won't have to scramble to find more work as there are numerous other families that have memberships.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work! Love this company and miss working there.

Little Pay, Ability to say No to work, No advancement, Owners are nice, Good for PT job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou don't have to work if you don't want to. It's good for college students or women who want weekend work after FT job. Don't make this your primary job, work isn't guaranteed and you'll get burned out fast.

ConsThe pay is horrendous. You could make a lot more if you babysat on your own. The office workers will text/ call you constantly if you don't reply immediately. It gets annoying.

Worked for SeekingSitters? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SeekingSitters reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SeekingSitters CEO Adrienne Kallweit. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by SeekingSitters employees.