Select Medical

Be The First To
Add Photos

Select Medical CEO and Director Robert A. Ortenzio

Robert A. Ortenzio

Pros
  • Resources, continuing education, certifications, operations support, clinical excellence and patient centered focus(in 4 reviews)

• Hershey park is nice for our company picnic(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Productivity is more important than patient care(in 6 reviews)

• We have such a high turnover rate, in the last 6 months four of the five people we have hired have already quit(in 5 reviews)

It was the best job I have had!

ProsThe staff is very welcoming and friendly. Some days, it could get crazy but everyone always pulled together to make the best of any situation.

ConsThe shift was often understaffed making it difficult to keep up with patient care. Towards the end of my career there, more staff was hired so I'm hoping it is still that way now.

Amazing work environment

Physical Therapist (Current Employee)

ProsUp to date education material, best practices and evidence based support, plus great team work related to all aspects of care. They strive to be the best and that is what I provide them with.

ConsIt is difficult to use accumulated vacation time due to lack of appropriate coverage.

Advice to Senior ManagementStrive for greatness, but remember where you came from.

Great focus on patient outcomes and education

Registered Nurse (Former Employee) Camp Hill, PA

ProsFast paced environment, great team work, select medical virtual campus, clinical advancement program, interesting patients

ConsChanges that occur too fast at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind more ways to show employee appreciation.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Toledo, OH

ProsThe company offers great corporate support.

ConsI have no complaints thus far.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have no complaints thus far.

Lots of opportunities if you're willing to work hard, continue to learn, do the extras above and beyond.

ProsSmart people to learn from, open and easy access to senior management, pace is fast, expectations are high, work (healthcare) is rewarding. Employees are encourages to cross-train to expand their skills and knowledge. Company has nationwide locations, so relocation doesn't have to mean unemployment.

ConsDays can be long, work load can be intense at times. Pace is very fast, but this also means the day flies by -- not likely ever to be boring. Company has grown tremondously, which also means change is common, not a bad thing but takes some getting used to.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare information timely and transparently as you can. Remember to say thanks at the end of a busy day. Take some time to celebrate successess with the team.

Great workplace

ProsFocused atmosphere in which all are working toward the greater goal of improving the quality and delivery of health care. Benefits are good. Many location options for clinicians. Great co-workers that are easy to talk to and friendly

ConsEveryone can complain about some aspect of their job. I have nothing out of the ordinary to complain about. It's work.

Great Company at the top of the field with unprecedented benefits and continuing education

Center Manager Physical Therapist (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsResources, continuing education, certifications, operations support, clinical excellence and patient centered focus.

ConsSlow to fund or organize local development but good resources for it. Corporate structure limits marketing and makes changes difficult but there is a good support network and you are allowed to develop your clinic and run things locally with the excellent backing of a larger company.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore local support and marketing/programs development. More team building at the staff level regionally.

Great place to work. Superior leadership. Growing and stable company.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mechanicsburg, PA

ProsChallenging environment. Excellent leadership team. Well managed and growth oriented company. Many opportunities to learn and grow. Nationwide and well respected healthcare provider.

ConsWork life balance can be a challenge. Extremely fast paced organization that runs very lean and is constantly evolving. Must be adept at handling change because that is one constant here!

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue investing in your loyal and valued employees. They have your back and trust your leadership. Keep an eye on salaries to remain competitive, especially as the economy improves, and recognize your stellar employees with well-deserved increases so they don't look elsewhere.

Select is truly a team attitude promoting employer.

Senior Physical Therapist (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsGreat upper management with open door policy. You feel noticed and appreciated from the co-workers, other disciplines, case managers all the way to the top. I have had tremendous health problems affecting my ability sto work. They care and are working with me in many ways. They still acknowledge me as an excellent therapist and asset to the company. They do a tremendous job of orientating and working new employees into the facility and feeling like part of the team. Departments and employees from other disciplines work as a team for the support of the patients and families, from keeping the rooms looking neat to cleaning up "messes," to being there when a patient has complications. I actually feel loved and cared about which sounds corny but true. I have a fantastic department director and as she said to me one day when I was struggling with a personal problem, "work is a safe place for you."

ConsThey could have a better PTO policy by far. They don't offer much in external continuuing education but the base pay is really good. The health, disability, life insurance, 401K etc benefits are excellent, so the lack of continuuing ed money is a trade off.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. It is a great place to work.

Great wage, fun coworkers

ProsGreat facility, fun environment, good wage and benefits.

ConsHigh standards for productivity and efficiency.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake more reasonable expectations.

Worked for Select Medical? Contribute to the Community!