Select Physical Therapy

Select Physical Therapy Reviews

Updated Jan 11, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Good experience would have love to stay there

Medical Assistant (Former Employee)
North Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Select Physical Therapy as an intern for less than a year

ProsMy internship was an good experience and skills

ConsOnly wasnt hiring interns didn't have the room

Advice to Senior ManagementGood people

Overall decent company

Athletic Trainer (Current Employee)
Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Select Physical Therapy part-time for more than 3 years

ProsIt is the only company that contracts Athletic Trainers in Las Vegas, NV. Option of working salaried or hourly.

ConsThe pay is less than average pay for Athletic Trainers. Management is overbearing and very concerned with referrals from high schools. Not much opportunity for increase in pay or position.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease the pay if you want to keep quality employees.

Learning experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Select Physical Therapy

ProsMonday - Friday hours, busy work environment.

ConsFavoritism shown. Two front office workers, only one would work (me) while the other talked on the phone to her mom or husband all day while phone lines were ringing off the hook. Reported it to managment & they brushed it off like it was no big deal. Don't call out, cause even with a doctors excuse (I had the flu for a week with a dr excuse not to come in) cause you will get written up. The PSS I worked with would talk bad about patients that would come in & she even talked to her husband about a women....hello HIPPA violations. Management did NOTHING.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to manage and dont' look the other way.

Awful place to work and they do not care about their employees.

Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee)
Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Select Physical Therapy full-time for more than a year

ProsFree Hockey tickets and Blue Wahoos.

ConsManagement has no clue how to do any of the jobs they want you to do and they want you to work your fingers to the bone and then verbally assault you every chance they get.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement in the CBO need to pay attention to the high turn over and the amount of write offs.

Let it be known

Lake Wales, FL

I have been working at Select Physical Therapy full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat people to work with, decent benefits, paid PTO.

ConsOver worked. Hired for one job then many more get added to your plate, along with treating patients. Driving back and fourth from different clinics over an hour away which was not made know during interview.

Advice to Senior ManagementDO NOT make your employees feel stupid. Treat them like colleagues and give constructive criticism.

Patient Service Care driven employer.

Patient Services (Former Employee)
Duluth, GA

I worked at Select Physical Therapy full-time for more than 5 years

ProsConsistent work, great patients, never a dull moment during the day, great physical therapists.

ConsNot enough holidays, long hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees to more holidays and additional PTO so they don't burn out so quickly.

Not as advertised

Physical Therapist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Select Physical Therapy

ProsDecent continuing education opportunities, supports OCS training (after 1 year of service)

ConsPoor management in my clinic and upper management, does not support work/life balance with kids/pregnancy

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the feedback provided by the employees, COMMUNICATE

Poor Interest in Quality of Care Leads to Poor Quality of Therapy

Staff Physical Therapist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Select Physical Therapy

ProsIt's a paying job that will provide the time and patients necessary to gain some experience in this field.

ConsIt's more like a business than a health care provider, it's all about numbers- getting patients in and out, overlapping often and providing minimal to no one on one time between patient and therapist- thus limiting the quality of care able to be provided. They have changed rules and regulations on use of aides and assistants but have kept the number of patients to be seen daily at the same level, thereby expecting the same level of performance with decreased assistance and further degrading the level of quality care. The offices are often times only one or two therapists, with a PTA and aid. With this set up if the other therapist is the center manager, as in my circumstance, it makes it difficult to argue a case or a patient decision. There is also no time allotted to writing notes and it is not considered a paid task.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest a greater interest in quality of care for patients and if the job requires a task to be performed, allow time for it and pay for it; ie note writing. It is unreasonable to expect therapists to be able to write a note or notes for patients when they are coming in every 15 to 20 minutes and often aren't on time. The therapists and PTAs are staying hours late and coming in hours early -unpaid- to write them or write God awful notes, neither of which are acceptable.

Worked for Select Physical Therapy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Select Physical Therapy reviews and ratings. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Select Physical Therapy employees.