Select Portfolio Servicing

Add Photos

Tim O'Brien

great company, bad management

Underwriter (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

Prosregular 8-5, 40-hour-a-week schedule, unlimited overtime whenever you want but it's not required; full benefits package; easy work

Consit's hit or miss with management; half of the managers and supervisors are great, but half of them are stress-cases who take their frustration out on employees, play favorites or are passive aggressive; the CEO is kinda shady

Changed departments multiple times in 6 months.

Loss Mitigation MHA Single Point of Contact (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsFriendly Environment, younger aged employees.

Consbenefits, promotions, training when moving departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementMoving someone multiple times and then having them meet or exceed that new departments goals was unattainable. There are many people who go in every day giving 150% and not acheiving bonuses, or promotions and those are the people who should be recognized, not the cheaters.

Non-stop work, high stress.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits, and a paycheck.

ConsCompetitive workforce, slim chance of upward mobility, pay is from the stone age.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire educated management and stop promoting high school educated people from within, advanced degrees exist for a reason.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall good. Could use improvement

ProsThey really try and take care of you here. You will get what you put into the company.

Consfavoritism in management and unqualified management. Also there is a lot of office politics due to management having affairs amongst each other.

Advice to Senior Managementclean up the lower level management.

Sweat Shop

Doc Control (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsPay, location, commute, security, close to state street

ConsWork and life balance, policies, work environment, stressful, horrible training on the job, parking, cleanliness, smell

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit overworking your employees, show more appreciation

Sweat Shop

Supervisors (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsDecent pay to start, but raises are horrible even with a very good year end review.

ConsBad insurance. Horrible management who demean their employees and are unprofessional. Cut throat/cold hearted co. Lots of favortism given to certain employees. Outsources anything and everything to India. Constant threats of your job being outsourced. High stress and they expect your job to be your life. Dont expect a good work/life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a better work environment. Stop outsourcing American jobs and expect your employees to support it. They do a horrible job, and we have to fix their errors. Give a choice on insurance options. Stop letting managers break company rules just because they are in management.

Great place to learn.....

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsFlexible schedule, tuition reimbursement, learning opportunities if you want from management that is open to employees at all levels. Great work life balance environment to work in.

ConsOnce you understand your job it's the same every month and can get boring, you can ask for extra but depending on your manager sometimes it's just boring busy work. It pays to make the right relationships there.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to hard workers and reward them so they don't leave after they have gained experience.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Unorganized sweat shop....don't go there !!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsPay was decent with an onsite, unstaffed exercise facility.

ConsIncentives are difficult to obtain, no
    Attendance policy does not allow more than 2 people to take time off per department per day and is designed to keep you with occurrences.
    Medical benefits not that good ...high deductible plan is your only option.
    Supervisors are treated as high level reps..... with no authority or empowerment

Advice to Senior ManagementStop making idle promises

Boring, micro-managed experience.

Escrow Specialist II (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsGood hours, central location, to be honest the job was easy. Seems to be a company with promise.

ConsPoor, unprofessional management. It seems you get promoted just for sticking around long enough, not because you have leadership or skills. Management is very 'do as I say, not as I do'. Not enough work, horrible benefits, high-school atmosphere.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire managers that have skills and know how to lead, or promote people who do, not just people who have been around long enough.

Unprofessional High School Atmosphere

Loss Mitigation (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsPay is decent compared to their competitors (other call canters) and it is very easy to get hired.

ConsBuilding is very run down and in a scary area. The work environment is hostile due to employees with seniority essentially hazing new employees. A lot of high school drama, and employees being very open about sleeping with each other and trading sexual favors for promotions.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe a little bit more selective of who you hire and get a new building.

Worked for Select Portfolio Servicing? Contribute to the Community!