Select Rehabilitation

Updated September 21, 2014
Updated September 21, 2014
2.4

Neal Deutsch

It was a great experience.

Former Employee - Occupational Therapist  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Occupational Therapist in Chicago, IL

I worked at Select Rehabilitation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Friendly staff, competitive pay rate.

Cons

The facility changed therapy provider.

So far, so good.

Current Employee - PT/OT  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - PT/OT in New York, NY

I have been working at Select Rehabilitation full-time for less than a year

Pros

At my site, staff are friendly and there is some cross discipline support.

Cons

In the rehab depts. 90% productivity is expected. This is a reasonable expectation, IF administrative and transport support is provided. Usually this is not provided, and the therapist has to go to the units, find the client/resident/patient and transport back to clinic for treatment. All of this time does NOT count as productive time. Also new PC internet based doc system: I had NO truly useful training, the screen size if 6 - 8 point font and the goals writing portion is too frustrating to use. I make up custom goals - it is just easier to do.

Be willing to purchase BASIC equipment and supplies. Also be willing to assist with Con't Ed which count towards state/federal requirements. Not simple basic online courses which do not help me keep my license active. Use one support/transport person to clinics.

have good supporting therapist but no recruiting

Current Employee - Therapy Program Manager  in  Carmi, IL
    Current Employee - Therapy Program Manager in Carmi, IL

I have been working at Select Rehabilitation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

flexible hours for me to work

Cons

pay could be better average

better communication

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

they are more worried about the numbers than anything else. They run their company from 'reports'......

Current Employee - Therapy Program Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Therapy Program Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Select Rehabilitation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

flexible work schedule, really enjoy the staff I work with. But that has nothing to do with the company

Cons

no raises in 3 years, they took away our sick days and CEU reimbursement. They make productivity standards so high that a lot of our therapists can't keep up and literally work off the clock. (pretty sure that's illegal!) The paperwork requirements make it so difficult to concentrate on your patients because of the productivity standards. We are so overstaffed that none of us get all of our hours. Our average pay for assistants is not consistent with the rest of the polls..... our assistants are making around $24 an hour........

I'm pretty confident that the money you are spending recruiting Med B patients and fighting these claims with Medicare can't be profitable enough to justify it...... I resent being told we're not allowed to discharge a patient from therapy by someone who has never laid eyes on that patient,

It's all about the numbers!

I have been working at Select Rehabilitation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent pay & so far have not had pay reduced.

Cons

Very poor management with little to no concern about employees. Unable to provide consistent hours to full time staff. Facility manager prefers to work prn employees & cut full time employees hours. Poor communication & sharing of staff between building in the area when caseloads rise or fall. 3 yrs of stagnant wages. Astronomical health care costs-325/pay for employee & spouse coverage.

Know what's going on in your buildings.

Could be better

Current Employee - SLP  in  Phila, PA
    Current Employee - SLP in Phila, PA

I have been working at Select Rehabilitation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Large company with decent medical benefits

Cons

no holidays and too many obstacles for planning time off. Micromanagement.

Employees have lives and families. Please be more considerate of that fact.

Time under tyranny

Former Employee - Physical Therapist
    Former Employee - Physical Therapist

I worked at Select Rehabilitation full-time for less than a year

Pros

I honestly can't give one.

Cons

High stress with constant bullying. Oppressive and depressing work environment. Competence punished and incompetence rewarded.

Mandatory personality profile for directors and regional managers. Request anonymous job satisfaction reviews regularly from employees. Corporate needs to be in touch with management in some way that is not biased. But, I guess the "shut up and do what I say, the Select way" will continue.

Complete disregard for employees.

Former Employee - Rehab Therapist
    Former Employee - Rehab Therapist

I worked at Select Rehabilitation full-time

Pros

Pay was ok.
    I can't think of any others.
    They do have a lot of contracts.

Cons

They cancelled the contract with my facility and let everyone go with only 2 days of notice, even though it had been clearly in the works for a while. Immediate cancellation of benefits, which did not even extend to the end of the month, they did NOT pay out accrued vacation time, gave NO severance pay, and even deducted all licensure and CEU reimbursements from the past six months from everyone's last paycheck (although they did return that).

HR is terrible, and when I was on FLMA, I received mixed messages from my regional director and HR. Nothing was ever clear cut.

great company to work for

Current Employee - Physical Therapist  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Select Rehabilitation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

excellent leadership, supportive management and team, great salary and excellent education and training opportunities. I work at one building and am not sent home or to other facilities, they are flexible with my schedule and allow me to flex time when needed. Very easy to speak with anyone in management and they are responsive to my concerns

Cons

all documentation is paper based and not computerized.

move to computerized documentation

They say one thing and do another.

Current Employee - Therapist  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Therapist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Select Rehabilitation full-time

Pros

I do not feel micromanaged.
    However, it seems to depend strongly on your regional manager. I know other therapists in this company who have a competitive and anal regional manager who, in my opinion, pushes beyond what is ethical.

Cons

While being hired, several others and myself were verbally assured of certain things, such as PTO time and productivity expectations. A few months later, policy changes were made that nullified what we were told.
    HR tends to be rude or just unhelpful.
    Insurance is not great.

Stop trying to squeeze every penny. Start valuing quality in your therapists and actually support them.

Worked for Select Rehabilitation? Contribute to the Community!