SelectHealth

Patricia R. Richards

Great Working Experience. Poor Management

HBS (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsGood working environment. Competitive pay. Flexible

ConsThe company overall seems to jump in to projects with little to no pilot testing or research

Love this company

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Murray, UT

ProsSmall up and coming company. Still has that "home town" feel which they truly care about their employees and development. This company rewards people with a degree, not just how many years a person has worked here. For some this would be a con but for me, having my bachelors, it isnt.

Conssmall company - this is a pro and a con for me. while I love the fact that this company is growing leaps and bounds, it is small and positions open up a little less frequently.

The pay scale at Select health is a little low when compared to any other Health insurance company.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Good

ProsWork life balance is excellent and the people are very warm and helpful. The top management is very approachable. The benefits are excellent.

ConsU don't get rich working here. The pay needs to be considered and increased depending on the market conditions.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work

Sales and Service (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsGreat benefits and competitive pay. Grteat customer service attitude.I would recomend this to a friend.

ConsNot much room to grow.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet your employees advance. We need more training.

SelectHealth has been invested in my job satisfaction and career fullfillment.

Nurse Auditor (Current Employee) Murray, UT

ProsInvested in employee's happiness, great management. I feel like my ideas are heard and there is an atmosphere of mutual respect,

ConsOffice work can be monotonous. Pay is not very competitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementI feel like more of our pay, raises, bonuses should be directly related to how the employee is performing individually. There isn't a lot of financial incentive for going above-and-beyond. My manager is superior at expressing gratitude and recognizing us for our efforts but bottom line is, it is difficult to invest a lot of extra time into my job without compensation when I have a family to support.

Supervisor

Supervisor (Current Employee) Murray, UT

ProsThe company has a great culture and really cares about the community

ConsThe company acts as not for profit so the pay is low compared to others

Nice people, great customer service,

HBS (Current Employee) Murray, UT

ProsThe company is all about the its members. Strong customer service, JD Powers award 4 years in a row. The CEO and shaken the company and makes us want to grow and expand.

ConsProcess improvement needs to be done with a long range vision in mind and just not the easy way. They need to take the road not taken and understand that by not doing something may fix the problem but only for the moment and not for the long term.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management (the 6th floor) is great, they have the education and the talent needed to take this company into the future. The lower level front line management staff needs help. They, as a collective whole, needs to learn to be aware that talent is everywhere and in everyone.

Great place to work

ProsNurtures employees for promotions and skill development. Bonuses and other employee perks. Gives to the community.

ConsOnly small kiosk for purchase of food. Have to go offsite for lunch

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer employee incentives for physical activity like time on the clock

Excellent place to work

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsGreat benefits, you can tell that caring for their employees is deeply rooted in their culture. This is a company that knows what they are and the direction they are going. I have held several positions and have never loved a job until now. This company has a genuine goal of serving the community and wants to see health improve in Utah and Idaho. Pretty amazing when you think about the effect that would have on their parent company.

ConsSome may argue that the pay isn't great but when you consider all of the benefits it really is good.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up.

Great company and benefits...politics politics politics

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsGreat company to work for and nationally recognized system (Intermountain Healthcare)

Cons- Politics
    - Depending on the department, there it is hard to move up in this company due to people not leaving jobs or growth

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter skills on managing employees directly.

Worked for SelectHealth? Contribute to the Community!