SemGroup

Add Photos

SemGroup President and CEO Norman J. (Norm) Szydlowski

Norman J. (Norm) Szydlowski

SemGroup Corp

Accountant Senior (Former Employee)

I worked at SemGroup full-time for more than 8 years

ProsI worked for SemGroup for 10 years. Yes, we had some rough times especially through bankruptcy but I feel they are a wonderful company to work for.

ConsManagement doesn't always realize the amount of work with the limited staff.

Great employees with toxic leaders - stay away

I have been working at SemGroup full-time for more than 8 years

ProsCompensation and benefits, location of offices

ConsUncivilized leaders in the finance/accounting areas

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees like you care

Loved my job... before the Chapter 11.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at SemGroup

ProsI had the best managers at SemGroup. They really cared about all of the people on our team. My managers were open to suggestions and listened to what we thought would improve our position in the industry. I also liked that I had a mentor to guide me through learning the industry. We also had a great environment to work in. We had exercise facilities, food, and up-to-date technology. They also provided great on the job training. I was flown to many places to recieve training on the software and to meet others throughout the country that held my same position.

ConsI really did not have any dislikes about working at SemGroup until they filed Chapter 11. After that, everything changed for the worse. The management was gone and replaced by bankers. I am now left without a job after a reduction in workforce. Before I was let go though, it seemed that there were not open lines of communication with upper management and the regular employee. My immediate manager was still great in trying to explain things as they came, but even he did not know what was going to happen next. I think that it was a great company that had hard circumstances. Too bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat happened to lead to the Chapter 11 is a sad situation. A great, innovative company was ruined by only a few.

Worked for SemGroup? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SemGroup reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SemGroup CEO Norman J. (Norm) Szydlowski. All reviews posted anonymously by SemGroup employees.