Sencha

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Art Landro

It's very exciting to work at the leading edge of cross-platform app development and managment.

ProsThe Ext JS, Sencha Touch, and Sencha Space engineering teams are all top-notch, and very easy to work with (as is the Executive team, due to the relatively flat hierarchy in place).

ConsIt can be hard to maintain focus on building visionary products while staying committed to legacy browser support.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus obsessively on delighting our customers. Cut away anything that doesn't meet that objective.

Great Company, Great Future!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsGreat team, nice offices, exciting direction.

ConsNot much to say negative.

Slow pace, other developers not helpful

Javascript Developer (Former Employee) Menlo Park, CA

ProsWorked with one good developer

ConsCompany has no direction after some important people left. Most developers had an attitude. Not much recognition after contributing much for a product. Trying to keep alive old framework with many issues and not much qa.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros-Food delivery
    -Great office location
    -Awesome team

Cons-Long hours
    -Not enough conference rooms
    -Cell phones are not expensed even when used for work purposes

Great company culture

ProsThey work very hard at providing a great work environment for employees. They pay attention to creating a positive company culture. Smart and friendly people, and good parties. Good benefits. Exciting product in a hot industry.

ConsWork/life balance can suffer at times. Feels directionless and undisciplined at times. Needs better marketing and brand recognition.

A great place to work!

Software Engineer Intern (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

Prosfriendly environment, smart individuals, packed kitchen :),

Consnone I can think of

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Exciting but stressful

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsVery interesting work, great technology, super smart people. Huge ambitions.

ConsWorklife balance could use help.

Poor salary, greedy.

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsThe ExtJS framework has a large community of users, primarily in the corporate environment.

ConsThe company is in desperate need of a CTO to buffer the CEO from the developers. Very poor support when working onsite at clients. Very poor travel expense compensation.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a CTO to buffer employees from upper management; Provide per-diem based upon the client location. Higher pay for working at client's location.

Directionless

ProsIt's a pretty easy job; pace moves slower so there's not as much pressure as most places. Some of the nicest people I have ever worked with have been here.

ConsThere is no direction with the company or products. They are happy to abandon products or the community to make Ted, VP of Sales, happy. Teams are pretty isolated from each other. The culture is becoming very corporate very quickly; but that's no surprise. The company just wants to be bought by Oracle.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be afraid to achieve your potential as a company.

Worked for Sencha? Contribute to the Community!