Sencore

Updated January 5, 2015
1.6

Thomas Stingley
1 Rating

Very low annual increases, if any.

I have been working at Sencore full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Depending on the department you are in, hours can be a bit flexible

Cons

No recognition of extra effort.

Financially unstable, non-supportive, non forward thinking company

Current Employee - Engineering in Sioux Falls, SD
    Current Employee - Engineering in Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at Sencore full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are none. All they do is talk about bonuses that never happen, cut budgets, and prepare to pay their investors. They will not invest in their employees.

Cons

They would be profitable if they didn't have to pay their Private Equity firm every penny they make. They are shrinking, not growing and only positioning the company to be sold, with fake promises of bonuses. There are no raises - EVER. Have been here 5 years and took position based on partially the phantom bonus plan, in 5 years have received 33% of ONLY one year's bonus. Have received one 3% raise - EVER. Cost of benefits go up every year so I am making less and less as time goes on. So don't count on any financial reward - it wont happen. I should have stayed where I was - believing in the opportunity for growth has been mine and my team's downfall, but what do you expect when their pitch includes the CEO is hammering out this great bonus plan so it will come - just sign up now and it will be there. Sure never happened. I have seen females in the company be driven out. New equipment is a no. Advertising is a no. Investing in the crumbling building is a no. It goes hand in hand with the mentality here - even having women in the company is too progressive for management. makes me sad to write this, but I wouldn't wish this on anyone considering coming here.

CEO/Pres is ok - the other VPs not so much - they are good ole boys, secretive, pit people against each other, make people jump through silly hoops to make the easiest decisions. Just a sad backwards place. Execs take boondoggles to Vegas or fishing or hunting on regular basis, but wont even spring for coffee in the cafeteria - not kidding. Can't wait to get out of here, unfortunately no one has heard of the company so it hasn't exactly enhanced my resume and jobs in the midwest harder to come by I think than in the rest of the country. Just get it over with and sell it or buy it back but the limbo is bad news for your team.

Beware - layoffs, no funding, company for sale

Former Employee - Electrical Engineer
    Former Employee - Electrical Engineer

I worked at Sencore full-time (more than a year)

Pros

some nice folks, sr management wants to do better but hands tied by outside forces.

Cons

company is unable to pay its bills and therefore hires and cuts . When you get laid off your benefits end at midnight, no severance - and they bring you into the conference room Mitt Romney style and lay a whole group of you off for budget reasons. Even with a Sr. technical position. The company is really run by private equity and not the execs. The PE firms only concern is for profits for investors outside of the company and no interest in growing the company at all. in just under 2 years there they shrunk to half the size they were and continue to shrink. really don't go there - its a no win - mid-west old boys club - without a dime - lots of promises and no ability to fulfill.

leave and save yourselves - you are better than this. RS PE is bad bad bad.

too many issues

I have been working at Sencore

Pros

none that I can think of

Cons

letting people go, revenues dropping, executives don't communicate

My Experience

I have been working at Sencore full-time

Pros

Technically fun and challenge work. People are really nice, most of time.

Cons

There is a decision making inner circle in SF HQ outsiders can't break in, not willing to promote engineers' tech titles.
    Benefits suck (401K, medical).

Learn a lot but career growth is non existent

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Sencore

Pros

Very talented and knowledgeable group of people. A lot of interesting projects. Ok place to work for first job out of school.

Cons

Performance merit increases are inconsistent and non existent at times. Forced to work constant extra hours and facilities at the site are below par. Management follows the method of "Management by Fear" and doesn't put any effort into retaining employees.

Treat your employees as your loyal workforce and focus on retaining employees.

good place to work horrific benefits

I have been working at Sencore

Pros

nice people - everyone has been there forever, but if you are new and you dont live in SIoux Falls your health insurance is non existent.

Cons

Benefits - you pay $880 a month for a family and it doesn't cover anything. Every strep test costs $50 and medications $50 and you dont get physicals or any tests - anyway just keep that in mind to reduce your pay significantly in your planning to cover the horrible benefits. also no 401K match now.

get the benefis up to par. for those people outside of Sioux Falls you are sucking thousands of dollars from families. I can't take my daughter to the Dr unless she is really sick so I am prepared for claim to be denied and pay a ton! Also cutting 401k match is sad really?