SendGrid

Updated February 24, 2015
4.3

Sameer Dholakia
1 Rating

Great Company with the best company culture.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at SendGrid full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Culture, People, Product, Vision, Reputation in the industry

Cons

Execution of product road map

Set milestones and stick to them

Great place, highly recommended. I stand behind the product and people 100%

I have been working at SendGrid full-time (more than a year)

Pros

awesome new CEO who knows what he is doing. I love the people, the environment and the challenges. Everyone wants everyone to succeed so seeking out help or mentorship is very easy.

Cons

No cons, great place to be and grow your career.

Great fun, but maybe not for the long run

I worked at SendGrid full-time

Pros

Fun, fast moving, always something to work on. You'll certainly never be bored at SendGrid. The perks are almost too many to count and the people really are incredible.

Cons

SendGrid seems very hesitant to promote from within, almost all big positions are externally filled. To echo other reviews as well the culture is very cliquey and I can see more seasoned, workplace-conservative employees not fitting in well. Free lunch, free beer, and other free perks are nice but sometimes a few less perks for a higher salary is much nicer.

Don't be afraid to promote from within.

Wonderful people, great culture.

Current Employee - Technical Analyst in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Technical Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at SendGrid

Pros

Great people, Good compensation wonderful place to grow.

Cons

Clouded leadership ideals, Silo environment.

Keep on Keeping On

Great company, wonderful opportunities, needs focus

I worked at SendGrid full-time (more than a year)

Pros

SendGrid is a group of amazing people, very dedicated to personal growth. It's a fun place to be with great potential. For the grand majority of employees there's an awesome work life balance and the company makes sure you enjoy your work environment. Perks and benefits are awesome, although changing to some degree.

Cons

The company needs focus and better internal alignment. It also has a number of organizational problems and does not value some employees as highly as it should. However, every problem has improved and continues to get much better.

Make sure everyone knows what they're working for.

All about culture, youth and fitting in

Current Employee - Anonymous Engineering
    Current Employee - Anonymous Engineering

I have been working at SendGrid full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great benefits: free lunches everyday, beer fridges and kegerators at each office, ping-pong!, gr8 travel (free trips between CO and CA, plus yearly party in Mexico), crossfit and health stipend, ski passes and moar. We get chance to try cutting edge tech (evaluated NoSQL, was using Node and Ruby, now onto Golang). Like the kanban way of working (scrum was good too). Up & coming company, dominating our space. Great QA dept. Office locations (Boulder & Denver) are amazing and Orange looks improved too. Had our first full-company, internal hackathon which was tons of fun. SG Labs is doing good stuff. Stock options $$$ :D

Cons

Engineering/DevOps has poor leadership & roadmap still unpredictable. Co-founders are disengaged, but kind & honest. Pay is only meh. Palpable bias against Orange office. Youth and partying personality types fit fine, but if you're old or quiet you get forced out (and those of us left behind aren't given any reason why we lose the diversity). Dangerously cliquey; some people are so fake/two-faced, but if you complain, somebody high-up cries.

You sometimes seem too needy and eager to fit in. You're doing a good job with funding. I appreciate the all-hands and camp SGs.

Lots of fun so far

I have been working at SendGrid full-time

Pros

Having worked for several companies, I think SendGrid is my favorite. Lots of interesting challenges in the engineering area as well as organizational area. The company is quite dedicated in always improving services to the customers and also making sure its people are happy. Since SendGrid is currently in a growth stage there are hiccups but everyone is trying hard. We have an open travel policy between the offices to prevent silos. So eventually that person you only see in Google hangouts becomes someone you went out to happy hour with. I also enjoy their emphasize on work-life balance. People sometimes work at home but usually everyone's out of the office before 6pm, sometimes 5pm. And finally, even though there are several more cool things about SendGrid, I think this company has the best on boarding process given the complexity of the product. And I love how they make sure everyone nows a little bit about each part of the company. Again, very anti-silos. It's quite unique, really.

Cons

They're working on it, but there's no consistent standard between the various engineering teams in terms of how projects are setup and even deployed. There's also quite a number of meetings that take place on a weekly basis. Finally, sometimes an overwhelming amount of parties that happen ^_~

Keep up the good work. Please enforce some engineering standards.

Awesome Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at SendGrid full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work and grow. Surrounded by awesome people who not only want to succeed themselves, but will do whatever it takes to get you to the next level.

Cons

I can't think of many cons. Great place to be. Sometimes it can be hard to turn off your "SendGrid" switch and do other things.

Great management

Amazing opportunity for growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at SendGrid full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Interesting challenges every day
    - Fantastic people and culture
    - Exceptional benefits and compensation

Cons

- If you are adverse to change, this will be a difficult environment for you

Keep going!

Fast, Full of Promise

I have been working at SendGrid full-time (less than a year)

Pros

My favorite part of SendGrid is the culture. They take the four H's very seriously and you can see it across the entire organization. They work hard. And they take care of their employees.

Cons

It's a hyper-growth kind of company. Things move very quickly by design and that means that processes can be sloppy and inconsistent. That can make a lot of things very difficult (data inconsistencies, disparate business systems disagreeing on facts, not having the right people in on the right projects). I also see zero opportunity for career advancement for most people here. When they hire for important positions, they generally hire from outside the company.

Keep doing what you're doing.

SendGrid Photos