Sendero Reviews

4.9
Sendero Founder and Managing Partner Bret Farrar
Bret Farrar

1. Featured Review

Company that practices what they preach

I have been working at Sendero full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I came to Sendero from an Industry job that had me jaded and burned out. I was impressed by Sendero's culture and stated values in my interview, but based on my past experience I wasn't sure how it would play out once I started. I am pleased to report that from my first day onward, Sendero has lived out and demonstrated their core values and culture time and time again. Coming to Sendero meant a career change and starting over, but it was the best career decision I could have made. The employees enjoy each other and many are friends outside of work. Upper management maintains an open door policy that is inviting and never pretentious. At past jobs I was usually looking for my next move after a year or so, but after three years at Sendero, I can say that I don't see myself leaving here any time soon. Having experience the alternative, I can say it's a great feeling!

Cons

Being spread out across the metroplex can leave a disjoined feeling at times, but that's the nature of consulting and Sendero works hard to do things to promote unity and connection across the different clients and locations.

Advice to Management

Keep putting the culture and employees first and Sendero will keep excelling.

Awesome Company, Awesome People

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sendero full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Since I interviewed with Sendero, I knew that this was the company I wanted to work for. Everyone is so full of passion for both their work, and outside interests, and Sendero does an awesome job of allowing people to share their passions, and supports their employees fully. I can truly say that working here has made me strive to be the best person I can be. Local model allows for life outside of work, great experience thanks to multiple service lines and no pigeon-holing, Culture is simply amazing, still small enough to build meaningful relationships with most employees, availability of leadership with "open door policy". Every partner is just a walk away, and is more than happy to chat if there is time.

Cons

Unpredictable staffing, but that comes with consulting.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on what makes Sendero great, don't let the company grow too fast to maintain the culture.

3. Sendero Review

Pros

When I first joined Sendero I never imagined how much I would grow and learn. When I first interviewed at Sendero it was one of those interviews I just went on not thinking anything of it. To my surprise, I was welcomed into the office with smiles and an abundance of joy flowing from several of the employees. The interview process was a true look into the hearts and core values that Sendero holds. From day one to now the core values are continually represented through the professional and social lives of the employees. They all bring realness, positive attitudes, compassion, and truly exemplify the core values. Sendero even supports many organizations in the community, and are always looking for new places and ways to serve Dallas and Houston. Your voice is heard, your opinions matter, and many leadership opportunities are available for you to step up to the plate. While we are all at different client sites, in and out of the office, and in two cities, there is constant communication, unity, and effort put into making this company a family. Our CEO and his wife are incredibly humble and give constant praise and thanks to their team of people. They take time out of their busy schedules to talk and meet with you and make sure you are on the career path you want to be on. If there is a way they can help and push you to your dreams, they do just that. It is a fantastic company with solid goals, dreams, culture, and core values. You will not be disappointed at Sendero. Everyone is a friendly face and friend and strives for excellence.

Cons

The promotions and growth opportunities seem to be a bit hard to reach.

5. Great company to work for

I have been working at Sendero full-time

Pros

I am surrounded amongst the most intelligent people. I enjoy going to work every day. They foster an environment that encourages growth and recognize hard work. Great work/life balance. If you are looking to change your career or feel like you’re not being challenged in your current job, then Sendero is the best place for you.

Cons

I just wish I knew about Sendero earlier in my career.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Thank you for listening to your employees and making work fun.

6. Partner

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Great people serving amazing clients. A fun & educational place to work.

Cons

None to speak of at this time

7. Best Company and Culture

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

Pros

Sendero has a unique culture that focuses on doing the best for its people, community, and clients. The level of support is unparalleled to any other company that I have worked for. The people are genuine and easy to work with, and we deliver fantastic results for our clients.

Cons

It is a small company, so there are still a few growing pains. However, it is a team effort and the company leverages the employees to contribute to building the company, which is great opportunity.

8. Fantastic place to work!

Current Employee - Analyst in Dallas, TX

Pros

- The company is relatively small but is growing quickly. This has allowed every employee the opportunity to have their voice and opinion heard; a drastic difference from my previous organization - The Leadership Team is genuine and supportive - Younger employees have opportunities to lead internal initiatives, gaining valuable practice for client sites in a safe environment - There is minimal to no required travel outside of the city the Sendero location is in (Dallas/Fort Worth and Houston), allowing for employees to have more time with family or community activities

Cons

- Lots of changes come with being a small/growing company, but they are generally communicated well and have the employees best interest in mind - When employees are between client projects, some internal initiatives are tedious at times - Starting salary is a bit lower than other organizations, but in my experience there are many opportunities for quick career growth and annual raises

Advice to Management

Continue to benchmark the salaries against like-companies, and never lose sight of our differentiating culture.

9. Love this company

Current Employee - Associate in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sendero full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* The people really care about you as a person and your career development * Work-life balance isn't a phrase that's just thrown around during recruitment, it's truly a part of working for Sendero * Projects are interesting and, for the most part, local to the DFW area * Leadership is transparent and open to change

Cons

* Because it's a smaller firm, benefits aren't as flush as larger counter-parts but bonus structure and raises prove to be competitive * If you want to travel a lot for consulting, this isn't the place to work

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Employees are overall happy and excited about the work they are doing. Kudos to you!

10. The sky is the limit

I have been working at Sendero full-time

Pros

There are no words to describe what it's like to work at Sendero - it is truly unlike any other management consulting firm, and you really have to see it and experience it to believe it. Collaboration is pervasive throughout all levels of the organization. The culture is not just on paper and the walls of the office - it runs through the veins of every employee, and it shows in every interaction. People are rewarded and recognized openly for their performance. Management is warm, supportive, and dedicated to growth, and bringing up the employees with them as the firm succeeds. Sendero has achieved a family-friendly culture while retaining a group of highly-intelligent, dedicated, hardworking employees. Opportunities for internal growth and development are rampant, and you will seldom hear the word "no" as you bring new, creative ideas to the table. If you're looking for a fun, collaborative, exciting opportunity where you can directly be part of long-term growth and success regardless of your experience and tenure, be sure to check out Sendero, because the sky is truly the limit!

Cons

None come to mind. As with any small firm, there are bound to be some growing pains. At other consulting firms, the growing pains can easily escalate into larger, serious issues, resulting in failure to grow and retain top talent, but NOT at Sendero. At Sendero, these growing pains are heard loud and clear by management (through surveys, direct feedback, or other channels), and they are responded to quickly, positively, and appropriately. As an added bonus, employees of all levels are always part of the solution to ensure representation across the firm.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work - can't wait to see what the future of this firm holds!

11. Great culture and shared success focused consulting firm

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sendero full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture focused and opportunity to work on becoming a well rounded consultant.

Cons

Because of the local model, projects tend to be small, relationship based, and typically not as high-profile as some of the more well known boutique management consulting firms.

RSS Feed </> Embed