Seneca Foods

Seneca Foods President, CEO, and Director Kraig H. Kayser

Kraig H. Kayser

Great Summer Job

Laborer (Current Employee) Glencoe, MN

ProsThe people are great.
    The training is good.
    They really care about their employees

ConsPoor salary
    Not many opportunities for advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementAll of the managers that I have worked with are doing a great job taking care of the employees.

Payroll/Human Resource

Payroll/Human Resource (Former Employee) Cambria, WI

ProsGreat working with seasobals. Even if the days are long the seasonal employees make it bearable.

ConsLong hours. Two faces co-workers. When a group fails to comply ALL should be reprimanded equally!

Advice to Senior ManagementTake into consideration all the work (one) employee does where there should be two doing the job. Mistakes are going to get made. WE ARE ONLY HUMAN! Not fare to pick one out of the bunch for repramanding. Consider their work load FIRST!

The Administrative experience.

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Ripon, WI

ProsMy previous co-workers and the job I was doing.

ConsRecruiting for local seasonal employment.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to get things done in a timely manner

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good pay, long hours, horrible shift management and work environment

Operator (Former Employee) Rochester, MN

ProsGreat pay! I was netting 1100 wk but was working 72-84 hours per week

Cons3 different languages spoken on the floor so mistakes were commonplace. Long hours and favoritism reigned supreme. Management was rarely on the floor, so line managers were the only means of giving feedback to the shift mngr.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork harder at helping people succeed. Don't place English-only speakers with people who cannot speak English. Use common sense. Also, don't allow Muslims to take advantage of the rest of the operators by letting them disappear to go pray 4x's during a shift! It caused unnessary shutdowns and fostered resentment!

current

Labeler (Current Employee) Clyman, WI

Proswork is the canning factory for vegtables, we make our own cans. we process vegtables, the pay is reasonable, were one of the few companies that still use galss with production.

Consgets hot during the summer, long summer hours.

Advice to Senior Managementuse good comunication skills, learn what the machines do in your asigned area.

a new challenge everyday

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Baraboo, WI

Prosmost of the coworkers are very helpful

Conslack of communication between management and employees

got tired alot but other then that worth it and just great

Floater (Former Employee) Janesville, WI

Prosgreat pay if you do the work regardless of the long hrs. and the every day work,lol great ,careing and helpful workers and supervisors, helps workerswith problems, teaches workers new work abilitys so you have new and more work experiance for new or other jobs ,has careing workers that will help give you rides to and from work has special events for your hard and good work.

Consone you get on certain list for work have to wait a long time to get off and the working every day,even more with long hours.

Advice to Senior Managementnothing i can thinkof or can complain about , i just want to say i loved workin there an enjoyed leanng all the thing your companie has taught me it realy helped me out.

Mechanic Job

Mechanic (Former Employee) Marion, NY

Prosi liked working at Seneca because it allowed me to further my knowledge of machinery and new technologies. I find it as a hobby to fix things and make things run right/ better. Another thing thats a plus, at least for the factory i worked at, is they are always open to new ideas on how to better the production processes.

Consdownsides include management and ability to move up. For example, my father has worked at the can manufacturing plant for 26 years. There was a time about a year ago that a management position inside the plant was open. Instead of promoting my father, they hired someone from outside the company. This really motivates him to work hard ... At the plant i worked at, there was a buddy system that was apparent to everyone in the plant. This ticked alot of people off. Also, when an employee was told to do something but didn't want to do it, they would simply tell the supervisor to get so and so to do it. Instead of being a boss or a supervisor that u should be, these people let the employees supervise themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management is to go the Marion Can manufacturing plant and ask the workers about how they feel the company is being ran. There are workers who work their tail off, and then there are a select few who do absolutely nothing. Management doesn't seem to care about the good of the company or of their workers. They are only concerned about getting their numbers and being viewed as friends to those who they are suppose to manage. I'm fresh out of college with a degree in Business Administration and i think i could do equivalent if not better work.

Great pay, no respect

Truck Router (Former Employee) Blue Earth, MN

ProsThe pay is great as long as you want to work 80 hours a week. As long as you keep your mouth shut and do as you're told you'll get your check every two weeks. The people you work with are usually down-to-earth and willing to help.

ConsManagement only notices when you screw up. As long as you're doing your job, they don't care about you. Also, there's always someone to fill your spot so don't even think about complaining. If you and a coworker are having a dispute, management is likely to come down on the side of whomever is better friends with the boss.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your workers.

Overall a good company to work for and great seasonal work.

ProsFreindly environment, great advancement oppurtunities

ConsUnion and non union jobs and employees

Worked for Seneca Foods? Contribute to the Community!