Seneca Resources

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Joe Wire

Good pay, good work experience and lifestyle.

Engineering Tech (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsI got pretty darn good pay for the job I was doing -- some geeky computer stuff to support operations analysis. Management was focused on professionalizing internal processes as the organization grew from a mom-and-pop into a major. Moving from "get it done" to "get it done right," and from "just figure it out" to "best practice." Good situation for somebody with vision and organizational discipline.

Definitely no-nonsense and mission-focused; as long as I stayed in touch and my work supported management's plan, I got some latitude to explore and develop on my own. Paid overtime. Wanted us to be on the job and focused when we were there, but get home on time and only pull overtime occasionally when there was a clear reason. Coworkers were very accessible when I needed help, which you always do when you're new.

I left due to personal reasons, and it was an incredibly difficult choice. I would have very much enjoyed staying, and I think I could have had good career growth there.

Also, their coffee machine has a million options and is kept well-stocked.

ConsIt's a cubicle farm. That's OK because the coworkers are decent folks. Just FYI. It's not a colorful, bicycles-hanging-from-the-ceiling, morale factory -- it's a disciplined approach. But they do take care of you.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep supporting your smart people and your Ph.D. managers, and look to your field offices across disciplines -- drilling, pipelines, etc., to find ways to make their technology work together where permitted by regulations ... and to do as much as you can to streamline the public information sharing across units where required by regulation. The more you can do to get information out of individuals' heads and file cabinets and onto shared systems, the more flexible you'll be to buy, sell, uproot and move operation units as shale resource priorities shift.

Quick In And Out

Technical Writer (Former Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsHigh energy recruiters and business developers

ConsNot the best of clients

Advice to Senior ManagementNever fear giving the employee the information needed for success.

Worked for Seneca Resources? Contribute to the Community!