Senior Care Centers

Updated December 12, 2014
2.4

Mark McKenzie

INTERNSHIP VOLUNTARY

I worked at Senior Care Centers part-time (more than a year)

Pros

 Assisted the recreational therapist in organizing games, birthday’s celebration and trips.
     Conducted Workshops: Vitamin, Alzheimer's disease, Exercise and Physical Activities.
     Collected lunch money and balance from seniors.
     Assessed and registered the senior prior to entering the Center.
     Supervise the senior during Recreation Activities.
     Created flyers and PowerPoint to promote activities for the senior.

Cons

I LEARNED ABOUT SENIOR PEOPLE

Good training but too much paperwork

I worked at Senior Care Centers

Pros

Trained well, consultants very supportive and patient. Benefits were decent. Promoted overall health.

Cons

Too much paperwork, too many unnecessary forms, focused more on money versus quality of care for patients.

Don't Waste Your Time

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Senior Care Centers full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people are nice, but thats about it.

Cons

Crappy business model, negative work atmosphere, finger pointing environment, unrealistic deadlines and work volume. Monthly accounting close process takes 3 weeks, and everyone is working excessive hours to try and complete. Management not interested in resolving glaringly obvious flaws within the company and its processes.

People come in to work with their head down because they are worried about what they will be blamed for. Not uncommon for employees to be scapegoat for others' mistakes made in previous months.

Turnover at this company is amazing! From hourly employees up through the management team. Most employees looking for other opportunities and cannot wait to leave. More than half of new hires left the company within 2 weeks of the start of their employment! This included management brought in to clean up and fix the system; they come in, see what is going on, understand the road blocks put forth by executive management and then chose to leave.

Because of turnover, less than desirable co-workers are inevitable. Some employees that would normally be written up or released for their unprofessional language and behavior are overlooked, so as to not leave the department more shorthanded. Our department was a man down the entire time I was employed.

Need a CFO that can get the job done; understands the business and knows the corrective actions to take in order to get business operating how it should.

center director

Former Employee - Center Director in Trenton, NJ
    Former Employee - Center Director in Trenton, NJ

I worked at Senior Care Centers full-time (more than a year)

Pros

wonderful staff and friendly people.

Cons

low salary, and bad benefits.

pay your staff better.

Not Worth Your Time!

Former Employee - Director of Business Development
    Former Employee - Director of Business Development

I worked at Senior Care Centers full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There are really no pros to the company

Cons

They have no organization, the leadership is horrible, and it was an overall bad experience.

Communication is vital to anyone who is marketing for your business.

Not employee friendly. Horrible benefits.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Senior Care Centers full-time

Pros

Pay is "okay" but they try and find ways to screw you out of compensation. ..

Cons

Nonexistent training. Literally the worst communication I have ever had to deal with in an organization. Unrealistic demands and harsh. Volatile environment highest turnover I have ever seen!

Treat your employees as a real investment. Otherwise you will have a problem finding people who are willing to work for you. Hint hint job market is much better...

Disappointed, very unorganized with a high turnover in employees. Present employees over worked.

Current Employee - N/A in Corsicana, TX
    Current Employee - N/A in Corsicana, TX

I have been working at Senior Care Centers full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I had been looking for a job for several months and applied with Senior Care Centers and was hired. I have to say it has been a leaning experience. No one is happy the way this home is supervised at this time. Everyday they come with something new and each day is worse than the day before. There needs to rules put in place that is fair for all concerned. Maybe asking for a little input from the employees will be a good idea.

Cons

It's very hard to get time off because they are so shorthanded. There is no incentive for the employees. They hire people outside the company instead of offering the positions to present employees. To many family and friends hired by the ADON and DON. The DON has no leadership experience and is much to easy on the nurse aides. Employees working off the clock just to get finished by the end of shift to clock out on time to avoid getting in trouble or written up. Patients are constantly being moved to different rooms with out communicating this to the nurses , med aides, and nurse aides.The patient load and paper load is not assigned evenly to the nurses and CMAs. There are to many nurses in the office that sit around talking and laughing, but never offering to help on the floor, because they are office nurses so they are to good for floor work. They should be required to work the floors and med carts when someone calls in

We need more staff and some good staff. We have nurse aides that hide in patients rooms or spend most of their time in the break room or behind the nurses station with their phones in hand. The supervision needs to be more strict. The DON and ADON always have their teenage daughters at work hanging out in their offices. There are to many friends coming in to visit the staff. The place needs to have professionals come in and get them organized and get a good smooth system running and then train the supervisors and the staff.

Horrible place to work

Former Employee - CNA in Stephenville, TX
    Former Employee - CNA in Stephenville, TX

I worked at Senior Care Centers full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great residents and family members. I really cannot think of any other pros of working here other than you can guarantee you will be sent home early at least once a week regardless of patient care to prevent overtime.

Cons

Lots and lots..Always shorthanded to keep the budget where it is supposed to be at. No one really cares if patients are cared for as long as everything is at or below appropriate budget. Way to many managers that just stay in the office half of which probably cant name any of the residents if they were to see them. An hr person that should help with problems and issues that works against you and always looking for a reason to write you up so always have to worry about if you are doing something wrong even if you know you are not..Id never questioned my work performance until I started work there and met her.No positive reinforcement what so ever always criticizing you .Thats just a few things it would take me all day to write everything negative. Im just glad I got out and far away from this corporation as I could.Never would recommend this place to employees or potential residents..

Need to start actually looking at what is really going on in these facilities .Just because it looks pretty on the outside doesn't mean it really is.

Okay

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Austin, TX

I have been working at Senior Care Centers full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people who work here are very friendly.

Cons

Staffing is not the greatest at times.

Scheduling is not ideal.

Easy Interview. I went to fill out an application and they asked for an interview which was very casual.

Current Employee - CNA in Georgetown, TX
    Current Employee - CNA in Georgetown, TX

I have been working at Senior Care Centers part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Benefits, 8 hour shifts. Flexible

Cons

Distance to drive is far from my house

Increase job opportunities at closer locations