Senior Care Centers

Add Photos

Mark McKenzie

Okay

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThe people who work here are very friendly.

ConsStaffing is not the greatest at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementScheduling is not ideal.

Easy Interview. I went to fill out an application and they asked for an interview which was very casual.

CNA (Current Employee) Georgetown, TX

ProsBenefits, 8 hour shifts. Flexible

ConsDistance to drive is far from my house

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease job opportunities at closer locations

Run far far away

LVN (Former Employee) Arlington, TX

ProsPayed on time, loved my patients, and a few friendly staff members. Other than that there are no other pros to be listed.

ConsManagement was very poor. Revolving door with all management. 5 DON's 5 Administrators 5 ADON's all within less than a years time. Staff are mistreated. 32 patients to 1 CNA at times. New average patient to CNA ratio 20-24. The residents and families see the change in the building. If you aren't best friends with management you are miss treated. Watched people constantly harassed if not in with the management. CNA's run the building. Patients were seen mistreated at times and no discipline done. Huge racial discrimination seen by staff. Hopefully this review works gives the corporate offices views on things that need to be fixed and take this as constructive criticism.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake it a habit to listen to the lower staff. They are the ones on the floor working to take care of patients and they are the ones being mistreated. It eventually comes out in care with residents. Things need to change.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Runs a Health Care Building to the Ground

ProsI was Paid on time.

ConsPeople don't matter with this company.

Great experience, great company to be a therapist

Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) Wichita Falls, TX

ProsGood co-workers, able to work full 8 hrs a day without pressure for productivity, CEU reimbursement, productivity bonus every month, supplied all therapy materials when asked

ConsSenior care ultimately decided to use a contract therapy service instead of remaining in-house.

Treats employees Poorly

ProsInteraction with patients. Getting to know residents. Doing community activities. The physician groups involved in the building. Hospital relationship

ConsThey do not care about employee moral at all. Treats employees poorly and will cut staff hours according to census. Even if census is at budget they do not budget for enough employees to care appropriately for the residents. Most locations are a constant revolving door for DON's, ADON's and Administrators. Cut bonuses without putting anything in place to motivate the staff. They send ugly e-mails to staff when census is low. RUN from this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees better and you will improve the reputation of the company. Just because you have several locations and will always get admissions doesn't mean your employees are happy or the care is good. Increase pay to get quality employees that will stick around longer. Don't cut staff so short that it affects the quality of care to the patients. Don't have a threatening approach with employees.

Strong Performance

Senior Care Centers (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGreat people and work environment

ConsLittle to no work life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on mentoring and professional development of all levels of operations.

Over worked

Charge Nurse (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsIt has been exactly one year......other than receiving a pay check, I can find not one thing to recommend this business.

ConsDemanding environment with unrealistic expectations from floor personnel....frequent change in management and subsequent management style.....Inability to realistically handle staffing issues..with resultant error increase and patient endangerment issues.....An environment of corporate misdeeds and mismanaged resources...continual increase in workload with an eye to bottom line only... racist environment..evident in a record of 'culling' non-black floor personnel....

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees when given the opportunity....a mixed staff gives better care....staff according to work load need ,not bottom line need....It would be beneficial to hire an admissions nurse to handle all admissions and not require this nurse to handle 20+ skilled patients while handling admissions. This would lower error and facilitate patient overall care.

Worked for Senior Care Centers? Contribute to the Community!