Senior Helpers

Senior Helpers Reviews

Updated Apr 6, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Good, if you have other options for benefits and health insurance

Office Manager (Current Employee)
Lansdale, PA

I have been working at Senior Helpers full-time for more than a year

Pros9-5 job, so no work to bring home. Good to earn office experience or for someone who likes a solid, quiet job. Candidate needs to multitask (which should be a given) and to keep a cool demeanor in all situations. Worthwhile industry.

ConsNo room for job growth - small company, so it's good for gaining work experience or because you just want a 9-5pm and nothing else. You are ineligible for overtime pay and the pay isn't great - senior health care isn't a big money maker, so not too much trickles down to the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate opportunities for job growth, and invest in your employees so they will want to stay. Communicate clearly - don't be vague - and follow through.

CNA

CNA (Current Employee)
Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Senior Helpers full-time for more than a year

ProsFlexibility in your schedule, Raise after a year if you do well.

ConsCommunication between upper management is lacking. Pay is not up to the standards of other HHA agencies.

A unique and challenging place to work.

Home Health Aide (Former Employee)
Akron, OH

I worked at Senior Helpers part-time for more than a year

Prosa lot of different clients, variety, different hours, worked with our schedules and what we wanted for hours

Conslack of communication in the admin dept, too many people in the office thinking they ran it, very two faced about policies and procedures where they were the worst people to follow their own rules

Advice to Senior Managementcommunicate to your clients and employees, not just when you need to, but time to time. let your clients know ahead of time when your changing their schedules, care plan, and/ or caregivers. when a care plan is in place, go over it in detail with the family and caregivers so that everyone is on the same page.

Not bad, just not good.

Salem, OR

I have been working at Senior Helpers part-time for less than a year

ProsFor the person who likes to work independently, does not need full time work, or benefits, and just wants some extra income, it's not a bad place to work. The people are nice and I think they try to do their best for the clients and employees. They really don't promise their employees more than they can deliver. I am saying this for Salem only.

ConsThey make sure you stay part time, but that is pretty clear from the beginning. Work will sort of come and go - also clear from the beginning. There are no benefits. As with all in home care, the family dynamics of a client can get complicated, so you aren't just dealing with the client and the companies expectations. Senior Helpers is a for profit franchise, so although there is good intent here in Salem, they are forced to try and balance care with making a profit. But this is a systemic problem in health care in the US, not just Senior Helpers.

Advice to Senior ManagementI really wasn't there long enough to make any intelligent remarks.

great

Private Care Cna (Current Employee)
Easton, PA

I have been working at Senior Helpers

Prosthe days that i work and the hours

ConsSome hours if i work a job i like to work four hours are more sometimes

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership is great they work with you they are very understanding

The Blame Game

Companion (Current Employee)
Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at Senior Helpers

ProsGood for a quick fix

ConsIncompetent management, blame other for their incompetence, overcharge their clients, unethical pratices, short people on their pay, you name it, they do it!!! Horrible people.

Will find some work for caregivers

Caregiver/Companion (Current Employee)
Gap, PA

I have been working at Senior Helpers

ProsOnly company who gave me a chance to work

Consmanagement is not very competent, employees checks incorrect, employer does not want to pay for O.T., employer DOES NOT care about employees during the holidays etc. gives cases to their favorite caregivers.

Panedemonium

Dayton, OH

I have been working at Senior Helpers

ProsA flexible schedule and hours.

ConsPoor leadership, unclear definition of job duties and lack of follow through

Very disapponting. Emplyoyers were unprofessional; franchise was misleading to owners and employees.

Community Relations (Former Employee)
Vineland, NJ

I worked at Senior Helpers

ProsLarge territories allowed for great networking opportunities with good potential for business growth; community outreach directives from corporate franchise managers were very good.

ConsThe new franchise business owners were inexperienced in business management, marketing and networking. The corpporate company sold franchises to unprepared small business owners.

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate franchise management should know who they are sellinhg a franchise to and become more involved on-site in office management training, scheduling and human resource issues.

Office Assistant was a good job for a college student. Easily could have been a full time position though.

Office Assistant (Former Employee)
Tampa, FL

I worked at Senior Helpers

ProsHR experience. I interviewed, hired and scheduled all new employees even though I hadn't had any experience with any of that.

ConsThere were few cons. I sometimes had to work past my regular hours and it rarely felt noticed. It's usually very busy or very slow, so sometimes it'll go from not having much to do to being overwhelmed.

Advice to Senior ManagementSometimes communication suffered and everyone's performance would decline because of that. Better inter-office communication would be the biggest suggestion for the office.

Worked for Senior Helpers? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Senior Helpers reviews and ratings. All 23 reviews posted anonymously by Senior Helpers employees.