Senior Helpers Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.9
CEO

Pros
  • Meeting new people,facing new issues to solve,taking care of others (in 2 reviews)

• 9-5 job, so no work to bring home (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • No room for job growth and most of the positions are part-time (in 3 reviews)

• They make sure you stay part time, but that is pretty clear from the beginning (in 2 reviews)

1. business as usual

Former Employee - CNA in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Former Employee - CNA in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I worked at Senior Helpers part-time (More than a year)

Pros

OK cases, weekly pay, W-2 company, always calling you for work

Cons

Wanting you to work 24/7, not enough pay

Advice to Management

Fight for the ppl who work the hardest in Healthcare to get what deserve in pay. Ppl at the bed side are the last to leave and help many ppl keep some dignity...

2. caregiver positions

Current Employee - Caregiver in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Caregiver in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Senior Helpers part-time (More than a year)

Pros

found a job in a recession

Cons

this company is a JOKE. I work for the one in central San Diego. started in 2013. Have not had a raise. When I ask them about it, my emails get ignored and my phone calls get "I'll have someone call you back.". They offer no bennies and no medical, dental or vision insurance. No paid holidays, no pto, no paid sick leave. They have no intention of ever offering these benefits. No more than 20 hrs a week at best. They call at the last minute asking if you can take on another client. They don't listen and they don't know who is working what hrs. They has me attend a "required" dementia training class. I drove all the way out to their office. It took me over an hr to get there. When I got there, they told me that the class was canx. Nobody bothered to call my cell phone and tell me that. I was comped for 1 hr of pay and a $5 starbucks gift card that they already had in the office for office staff birthdays. Place SUCKS! GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN! BTW, no support in this office what so ever.

Advice to Management

get it together people! You are all incompetent and you communication with your employees stinks. Stop blowing off your employees if they have a question about raises and bennies. Don't expect us to drop everything for you at the last minute!

3. Not recommended

I worked at Senior Helpers full-time

Pros

Location is great, Get paid for Half hour lunch break

Cons

Management has no respect for others. The blame game is a daily routine which brings high stress into the already hostile environment

Advice to Management

Badgering, bullying and humiliation should not be allowed to take place in the office

5. Only as a last minute job

Current Employee - CNA in Appleton, WI
    Current Employee - CNA in Appleton, WI

I have been working at Senior Helpers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love my clients and the office staff are nice people, they have amazing trainings and I love their philosophy

Cons

I once missed work because no one told me they changed my schedule, getting nothing for pay, driving all over for 1 hr shifts, I even occasionally nap in my car because they will have me so 48 hrs almost straight at times, there is no such thing that if i get called in I get time and a half, my week starts with 30 hrs on my schedule and by the end of the week I'm up to 50+ they don't treat all clients equily

Advice to Management

Reward is with pay raised and time and a half of we get called in, provide more opptoional trainings and monitor staffs rude comments about clients

6. CNA

Current Employee - Certified Nursing Assistment in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Certified Nursing Assistment in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Senior Helpers

Pros

Good, facility based assignments with long term care facilities. Pay is fair and competitive

Cons

Not enough assignments, notice is too short, typically same day.

Advice to Management

Try to contract with more facilities on Peninsula. More facility work and less one on one home health care

7. Good company to work for.

Current Employee - CNA in North Houston, TX
    Current Employee - CNA in North Houston, TX

I have been working at Senior Helpers

Pros

You get your hours and days you want to work.

Cons

Needs to upper the pay for experience.

8. Pay is low, but the clients are interesting.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at Senior Helpers (More than a year)

Pros

You set your available hours. Good for someone with kids. Can increase and decrease hours as needed. On call and/or set schedule.

Cons

May be canceled without adequate warning (ex. Cancel your Mon. Shift on Fri) Sometimes communication is lacking. Low pay, high turnover.

Advice to Management

Pay the workers fairly. Have staff meetings and support sessions. Provide more helpful information before sending staff to a new home.

9. Great and flexible place to work!!!

Current Employee - Caregiver in Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Caregiver in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at Senior Helpers

Pros

Flexibility, friendly staff, and loving clients.

Cons

Ware and tare on vehicle.

Advice to Management

administration turn over rate needs to lower ( please keep office staff more than 6 months.

10. I have been working at Senior Helpers

Pros

\hey match you with clients that they know your suited with.

Cons

They have had to many office staff changes recently.

Don't care about their clients!

Current Employee - Caregiver in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Caregiver in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Senior Helpers part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can't think of any.

Cons

You get very few hours or you have to drive 40 miles to make very little money
    Hold your paycheck after you have been filling out your time and getting paid for 5 months, now all of a sudden you are doing it wrong and we are going to punish you by not giving your check for another 2 weeks. With no advance warning!

All the training I was suppose to get in the beginning, never happened. Put me to work and that was that.
    Good thing I had some training from a previous job or I google what I need to know.
    Have told them about a couple of clients that need changes made, they never investigate. All they seem to care about is getting their check.

Some caregivers are taking a nap on the job, client isn't happy about it, told SH nothing was ever done about it. So apparently it is okay if I go to a clients home and take a nap without doing your job.

I have some very nice people I care for, they are paying a lot of money for this service and it is just wrong that SH isn't doing their job!

They are always in a meeting when you call. I am starting to think that none of the caregiving services are good. I worked for another company that was even worse then this one.

Advice to Management

Get your act together! Take care of your clients or get out of the business!

RSS Feed </> Embed