Senior Resource Group

Updated March 31, 2014
2.9

Michael S. Grust
1 Rating

SRG took me on inexperienced and then they helped me develop excellent bussing, serving, and dishwashing skills.

Current Employee - Busser  in  Charbonneau, OR
    Current Employee - Busser in Charbonneau, OR

I have been working at Senior Resource Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you're fresh out of high school looking for a job, or have no degrees and are looking for a job, SRG is there to lend you a hand and prepare you with a set of skills. I was initially hired on with next to no job experience, but now I have experience as a busser, server, and dishwasher in the space of just 9 months! I was hired as a busser, but they are very capable of coordinating and managing their staff, so they are able to train you as a server, dishwasher (and busser if you're a guy).

Cons

This is a place for beginners. Once you have a year or so of experience, you should begin looking elsewhere for another job. They pay the servers, bussers, and dishwashers minimum wage, and they have even been known to deny some employees their annual raise.

They claim they work around your schedule, and that it's ideal to work there while going to school, which is true. However, if you take a leave of absence, don't expect to come back to any promised positions. Full time is only given to three or four of the servers and bussers, so it's something not easily attained. My friend took a leave of absence for college, and was promised full time upon his return by a highly placed manager. Well, he returned, but he never got his full time position back, and he didn't even get his annual raise, even after he asked management directly for it, and even though they promise this raise to all employees working there.

Good work/life balance

Current Employee - Receptionist
    Current Employee - Receptionist

I have been working at Senior Resource Group part-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy job
    Nice coworkers
    Nice Residents
    Management good for most part

Cons

Pay is ABOUT AVERAGE
    25 cent raise annual raises ONLY
    Some residents can be NASTY at times
    Lots of work that others do not complete, fall on you as a receptionist

Listen to resident and employee matters, and everyone will be much happier and there will be less problems

Stay Away!

I worked at Senior Resource Group

Pros

The buildings are beautiful! I can't think of anything else that positive.

Cons

Everything else. The corporate office couldn't care less about anyone working in one of their facilities. I worked at a start up and it was a nightmare. You ask for help and all they do is put their foot on top of your head to push you further down. Sad sad place.

Newsflash...you're in the industry of caring for people. Maybe you should show your managers some respect! They work so hard day in and day out to make you money!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Student

Former Employee - Student
    Former Employee - Student

I worked at Senior Resource Group

Pros

It's a good high school job

Cons

Dont exepect to move up within the company

Get ur crap together

Worked for Senior Resource Group? Contribute to the Community!