Senior Whole Health

Senior Whole Health Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

John Baackes

Company with a clear mission

SQL Developer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Senior Whole Health full-time for more than 5 years

ProsSWH is an HMO for the old, the sick, and the poor. It delivers coordinated care for "dual-eligible" seniors - those who qualify for both Medicare and Medicaid. The people working there have a commitment to service and the plan - while small - has steadily grown.

Management is considerate of work-life balance.

There has been a lot of stability in the staff, particularly in the IT area.

There has been more teamwork in IT in the past 2 years, but there is room for improvement.

ConsThe company was started in 2004 and is just now maturing to the point of standardizing policies and procedures in the IT area. So getting the work done depends on individual 'heroes'.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove communication, look for more opportunities for teamwork.

Growing company with a vision

Administrative (Former Employee)

I worked at Senior Whole Health full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFlexibility, room to take initiative, great location and positive work life balance

ConsRigid management structure and lack of promotional growth opportunity.

Good corporate mission, future uncertain

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Senior Whole Health full-time for more than 3 years

ProsUnique opportunity to help people who are poor and need health care - colleagues are well-intentioned and kind.

ConsLots of changes in executive and middle management since new investors bought the company. Company is at risk for falling behind due to leadership vacuum. Lots of waste and inefficiency. Upper management is insulated from day-to-day activities in all locations.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe usual advice -- be open-minded and listen to your employees.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Destined for Greatness

I have been working at Senior Whole Health

Pros* work/life balance
* learn a lot about healthcare for seniors
* company has an unbelievable mission statement
* great location to work

Cons* NO room for growth
* performance review is close to non-existence
* not enough recognition for great work

Advice to Senior ManagementHere's my advice: I think Senior Whole Health needs to work on a way to to help people advance though their career, not necessarily a title change but in their work and responsibilities. I also think to make the company run more efficiently, you need to get your high level managers to come off their high horse. The idea that you as an entry level person ABSOLUTELY can not contact a director in any way is ridiculous (even if it's not true it's definitely an unspoken rule).

What the company needs to understand is that the people who are at the bottom does the work that the people up top may understand but don't know how to do. You need to give people at the bottom more credit and create more opportunities where we can help and be a part of the decision making. Yes it's great every few months that explains what the company is doing and how we're doing but it doesn't make us feel any more important.

It's a great company because we do great things for the senior population. Yes at the end of the day the goals of a profit company is to make money but people do feel proud to work at Senior Whole Health because of what we do for the seniors. I just wished the company thought of their employees the same way as they do the people they serve.

Worked for Senior Whole Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Senior Whole Health reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Senior Whole Health CEO John Baackes. All reviews posted anonymously by Senior Whole Health employees.