Sensiba San Filippo Reviews

John D. Sensiba

1. Audit Summer Internship

Former Intern - Audit Intern in San Mateo, CA
    Former Intern - Audit Intern in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Sensiba San Filippo as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at SSF as an audit intern was a great experience. Everyone from associate to partner was helpful, friendly, and easily approachable. Even though I was just there for a summer, it is clear that SSF truly cares about the community, its clients, and its employees.”

Cons

There was lots to learn in a short period of time but the team was there with me every step of the way.

2. Best job experience I've ever had

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Sensiba San Filippo as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I was drawn to Sensiba San Filippo because of their core values of family and community. During my two month internship I saw these ideals in action and I was pleasantly surprised by how much SSF cares about their employees. I especially like the tone from the top; partners treat everyone with kindness and respect and make employees feel important. It really felt like everyone cared about my progress as an intern and helped me with any question I had. Needless to say I loved my experience at SSF and I can’t wait to come back!

Cons

The initial training was a bit overwhelming. Luckily everyone I worked with was very helpful during audits and walked me through any questions that I had.

3. Why I work here!

Current Employee - Audit Associate in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Audit Associate in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Sensiba San Filippo

Pros

I have been working at Sensiba for over a year and so far I really like it. Mainly, I like the team/people that I am working with, numerous opportunities that firm provides for my career advancement, and work/life balance.

Cons

After my first year with the company I am happy to say there are no con's at working with Sensiba San Filippo.

5. Best company I've ever worked for.

I have been working at Sensiba San Filippo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

SSF believes in family, community and firm...in that order. They not only say they believe in it, but the walk the talk too. They genuinely care about their employees and it shows. From really excellent benefits, to making sure employees have work/life balance to social occasions to show appreciation to employees and their families.

Cons

The only con is being a bit too accessible. I'm an exempt employee and I often get calls, text or emails after hours, on weekends or vacation that require a response. It would be nice to be able to fully disconnect from time to time so I can recharge. There is a feeling of always being on the clock.

Advice to Management

Make a policy to have vacation and especially bereavement time sacred. No one should be disturbed while they are trying to recharge or be with family. If we can't fully disconnect, then we can't come back re-energized and we start to burn out.

6. Unsatisfactory

I worked at Sensiba San Filippo

Pros

Not much. It's a small company trying to position itself like a big regional firm but it just doesn't have the expertise.

Cons

Unprofessional work environment. Middle management is a big joke. Everybody is in it for themselves. Do not expect any help.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your work environment.

The BEST firm I have worked for

I have been working at Sensiba San Filippo

Pros

Working at SSF has allowed me to achieve that rarest of goals--work/life balance. I have the opportunity to work with a team of professionals who truly respect each other and enjoy working together. We do work hard, but we also play hard. Management is consistently striving to improve the firm and to ensure employee satisfaction. Without being cliche, this firm really does make you feel like you are spending time with family.

Cons

there are no cons that come to mind

Advice to Management

continue doing what you are doing. thanks for making SSF a truly GREAT place to work and for allowing employees to achieve work/life balance.

8. Sensiba San Filippo is a GREAT place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Sensiba San Filippo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love this firm! I truly believe the Managing Partner cares about all of us personally and professionally. They treat us great, offer an amazing benefits package and competitive salaries, very generous vacation accrual, employee appreciation days with massage and sundaes/smoothies. The partners are always available to us and include us on business developmental opportunities and really, the sky and beyond is the limit here.

Cons

There are so many networking events that I find I can not attend them all? hard to come up with a negative.

Advice to Management

Keep taking surveys and listening. You're doing a great job!

9. Opportunity abounds

I have been working at Sensiba San Filippo

Pros

Plenty of opportunity to explore new initiatives, share ideas, learn from experts. Good benefits package, generous vacation / sick time.

Cons

Cliquish environment, not sure how partners are promoted.

RSS Feed </> Embed