Sentinel Real Estate Corp.

www.sentinelcorp.com
  www.sentinelcorp.com

Sentinel Real Estate Corp. Reviews

Updated November 28, 2014
Updated November 28, 2014
2.0

John Streicker

It is all about the numbers so just hope your number is not up.

I have been working at Sentinel Real Estate Corp. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you have the opportunity to work at Sentinel you will learn a lot about keeping the proper documentation that any asset management company needs to keep on hand for personnel issues, tax purposes and budget management. They offer their employees medical and dental insurance that isn't top of the line but it isn't terrible either. They also offer their employees paid holiday's, sick time and 401K contributions.

Cons

Unfortunately, the management in New York expects this documentation to be compiled with very little to none administrative help from the corporate office. If you do a good job for them they continue to pile more and more work on you until you can no longer keep up. They don't see the people aspect of the decisions that they make. Sentinel is a good stepping stone but if you work for them always keep your ears open for the next step in your career because Sentinel will not hesitate to do away with you if it makes the numbers look better.

Give your on-site management more administrative help and you will get much better results over-all from them.

The absolute WORST company to EVER work for

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Sentinel Real Estate Corp. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They have a decent pay rate.

Cons

First off, the interview I had was nothing but LIES. They over work their staff and they do not say thank you AT ALL. Don't expect to grow and learn with this company because there is no room or time for it. The Corporate office is based out of New York and they could care less about their office workers. The Managers have absolutely NO IDEA what they are doing or how to run a business. They depend on everyone else in the office to do their work for them. There is absolutely no training. Expect to be thrown out there to sink or swim. If you are sinking then expect to be let go. The turn over with this company is outrageous. I wish I would gone by what this website said to begin with. I would have never started working for this company if I had. I had the most stress I had ever dealt with in my entire work life. They do not care AT ALL about anyone but themselves. There is no time for a personal life with this company. On any of my days off I always had the Manager texting me about work. If you celebrate Christmas, Thanksgiving, or any other holiday for that matter don't come in to this company expecting to celebrate them. I understand that every religion is different, BUT you should explain that the person running this company is Jewish and that holidays will be different than what you are use to if you are not Jewish. I was very disappointed in the information that I was given in my interview and that most of it was inaccurate.

STOP micromanaging and start listening to your staff. You may have less turnover if you would appreciate the little things that your staff does.

WHAT A JOKE!!!

Former Employee - Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Sentinel Real Estate Corp. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You must wear a suit at all times, and this is good because you can interview at other firms without any suspicion.

Cons

* Zero disclosure.
    * Zero teamwork.
    * Zero corporate culture - you are always on an island.
    * Cheap, cheap, cheap. So cheap that all work travel MUST be booked by the internal travel department using charge accounts that go back to Old Man Streicker. This way, he can maintain the premier status on his black Amex. After all, it's all about what's best for The King.

It doesn't matter. Old Man Streicker is the lone decision maker. It is his company, and he does as he pleases. For a Yale-trained professional, he is not impressive at all. If you are blonde and wear a short skirt, he loves you. If you work hard, think outside the box and try to improve things, he is suspicious. He is not forward-thinking and doesn't believe in disclosure or transparency. As for clients, he has little respect for them … to him, fiduciary responsibility is a sin. It's all about money in his pocket, at all costs. He is ruthless, selfish and cares about no one but himself.

Co-workers are great, everyone gets along really well

Current Employee - Maintenance in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Maintenance in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Sentinel Real Estate Corp. full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have a job that suits me very well where my duties match my skills.

Cons

Overwhelming amount of paperwork and red tape for everything. It hinders the success of staff.

Educate your managers on Fair Housing and Fair Employment rules and regulations.

It was great while it lasted!

Former Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Brandon, FL
    Former Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Brandon, FL

I worked at Sentinel Real Estate Corp. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Very structured company
    -There's a form for everything
    -Strong company policies
    -Makes for great employees as Sentinel is very paper oriented
    -Room for advancement
    -Understanding management
    -Paid time off
    -Very organized
    -Sentinel forms good work ethics
    -Job stability
    -Not a high turn around on sale of properties
    -Discounts for living onsite
    -District located in the area

I am no longer with the company, not by choice, but because my property sold and there were no positions available for me. Needless to say, I enjoyed and loathed my job at the same time (as we all do in this industry) but the people were amazing to work with and I have made a few great life long friends. I was with the company for 4.5 years and overall, enjoyed my experience with them. I would consider working with them again if it was offered/available.

Cons

-Sink or swim, no true training (other than Fair Housing and Rent Grow)
    -Corporate politics
    -Health plan rather than health insurance
    -Corporate is very demanding

Appreciate the hard working staff on property level a little more

Bad choice

Current Employee - Audit in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Audit in New York, NY

I have been working at Sentinel Real Estate Corp. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Location of the company. You really can’t do anything wrong to get fired

Cons

Too many to list. No opportunity for advancement. Everyone is in their own world

Very Demanding!

Current Employee - Property Manager
    Current Employee - Property Manager

Pros

Company offers good pay and average benefits. Properties are newer and easy to market and promote.

Cons

Work-to-home-life is hard to balance. Training is limited and varies greatly by district. Onsite personnel are micro-managed and audited.

Make more of an effort to reward employees for their merits.

Way too conservative for the 21st Century!

Former Employee - Management in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Management in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Sentinel Real Estate Corp. as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

The uniforms are nice for the most part and the base yearly was pretty decent for the geographical location of the job.

Cons

Worst leadership I have ever experienced in my 20 plus years in property management. The hierarchy has no clue how to properly manage their people.

Stop focusing so much on who you think can do the job better than the person you hired for it in the first place. The grass needs watered to make it greener: make sense?

OK place to work...

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Sentinel Real Estate Corp. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers are great, everyone gets along really well

Cons

Very corporate. Very little wavering in development of the specific property.

N/A

not good

I worked at Sentinel Real Estate Corp. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

some of the residents and a few employees.

Cons

no communication and a lot of back biteing

change your attitude toward your employees at this location,it is very bad at this point in time. teach the management to communicate and listen to each other,not blame each other!