Sentri Reviews

Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Westborough, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA

I worked at Sentri full-time

Pros

Work from Home and pay is good. Partners had an open door policy and you could voice concerns to them and they would help you.

Cons

Got bought by Polycom and everyone is getting laid off now. Before that, there were a few in upper management that were difficult to deal with.

Buy Sentri back and get it going again....

Service desk tech

Current Employee - Tech  in  Westborough, MA
    Current Employee - Tech in Westborough, MA

I have been working at Sentri full-time for more than a year

Pros

Microsoft gold partners, chances to certify and involvement in the MS users groups

Cons

Bought out and no longer in managed services

N/a

Great group of people and company to be a part of.

Current Employee - Business Development  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Business Development in Boston, MA

I have been working at Sentri full-time

Pros

There is a true investment by the employees and owners to ensure that we understand our clients business needs, which in turn allows us to properly design and support the Microsoft solutions we implement. These successful implementations have not only allowed us to attain "Trusted Advisor" status with our clients but have allowed us to earn industry recognition and both have fueled our growth. Becoming " Microsoft Partner of the Year" for the East Coast as well as the Northeast for the last 3 years is a great testament to the people that work here and the vision of our owners.

By using the technologies we consult our clients to take advantage of, we operate with efficiency and effectiveness day in and day out with our coworkers, partners and clients. It is much easier to be passionate about our solutions when we practice what we preach.

Contributing to the growth of Sentri as an individual and as a member of a project team is very rewarding.

Having an approachable ownership that not only successfully drives the company direction but is directly involved with the day to day activities is a strong motivator for the employees and shows leadership by example.

Cons

Being a company of 50+ people, we have the agility to act / react to the ever changing business climate. At times this versatility can prove to be challenging to manage as we execute our short term needs and manage our long term goals.

As the company continues to grow and evolve, keep the core values that seperate Sentri from others: dedication, loyalty, innovation, teamwork and the desire to be the best.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bye Bye Sentri

Former Employee - Engineer  in  Westborough, MA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Westborough, MA

I worked at Sentri full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It was a great group of engineers and staff. Lots of freedom. Things like training, lab space, etc. were readilly available.

Cons

It's interesting that even though folks have known since 1/30 that the company had been aquired (all-hands meeting, press releases, etc) there are PR folks who decided to present it as forward looking, growing, etc. While there were MANY talented people, it was also home to a world class smoke and mirrors game designed to make it appear far more mature and robust than it really was.

What would be the point?

Unparalled Opportunities to learn and implement the latest technologies

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Sentri

Pros

One of the tightest Microsoft relationships. Ability to advanced and be compensated based on direct contribution. Continuously improving my skills and lerning the lastest technology.

Cons

There are not that many cons for work at Sentri. Sentri is expanding at a rapid pace so it's sometimes difficult to keep up, but at the same time the company is laser focused on Microsof technologoies , so the focus remains the same with the expansion.

Buckle up!

I have been working at Sentri

Pros

Fast-paced, dynamic environment provides lots of opportunities for growth.
    Not a lot of beauracracy, you're given a lot of room to create and build something.
    Ambitious, driven team members with clear vision of future
    Strong senior management team
    Great external alliances/partnerships, esp. with Microsoft
    Flexible work style (work from home, virtual, etc.) -- very results-oriented.

Cons

Not a great deal of structure -- don't wait to told what to do (it won't happen)
    Administrative infrastructure may struggle to keep up with growth
    Not a single central office where people gather.

Keep the passion and the culture intact while building some processes and tools that scale, and you've got something special on your hands!

Worked for Sentri? Contribute to the Community!