Sentry Data Systems Reviews

1. Great environment and great people to work with

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst

I have been working at Sentry Data Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a very collaborative environment. Everyone works well together within teams. Many people work remotely. The communication within teams is great. We keep in touch through email, chat and on the phone. People on the team live in different parts of the country. This is a great example of a success story for having teams work remotely from home.

Cons

Sometimes company communication is not the best. There should be a single source that the information about the company culture, organization and news should flow when it is internal only communication. In some cases information is given to us and sometimes we either find out later or through the grapevine.

2. Awesome place to work!

Current Employee - Senior Linux Systems Administrator in Melbourne, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Linux Systems Administrator in Melbourne, FL

Pros

Telecommute, great coworkers, incredibly talented staff, management that understands technology

Cons

None! None! None! None! None!

Advice to Management

Remember that technology is what we're selling, and keep technology up-to-date and well funded!

3. Employee Feedback Survey

Current Employee - Technical Database Analyst in Deerfield Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Technical Database Analyst in Deerfield Beach, FL

I have been working at Sentry Data Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Allowed to self-pace and manage our responsibilities. Result is better productivity and feeling of being trusted to do our jobs.

Cons

Very Big Data management. Sometimes overwhelms resources and give clients perception of un-responsiveness. Knee jerk response is to hire even more staff, whereas we probably need more cohesive systems to manage workload.

Advice to Management

Move to better managed cloud spaces like Azure and adopt more mainstream back-end tools. We have Microsoft Office and Salesforce on the front end; complete the picture with less opensource and more mainstream tools/applications on the back end, while moving our infrastructure to a more established cloud managed company.

5. Remote---Work from home

I worked at Sentry Data Systems full-time

Pros

Great benefits and competitive pay. Compensated for travel expenses in a timely manner.

Cons

Training and refresher for new employees isn't quite well put together. Directors voice how important it is that employees are at the top of their game, but retract additional training when push comes to shove.

Advice to Management

A) Directors should refrain from saying,"...that's why I get paid the big bucks". B) It is not professional to want an upcoming team to be up to par ASAP just because the director is eager to go on vacation. C) Directors must be held accountable for having a habit of CONTINUALLY being late to calls / meetings.

I will work here forever if they let me

Current Employee - Implementation Engineer
    Current Employee - Implementation Engineer

I have been working at Sentry Data Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management is fair and responsible. They stand up for the people lower down on the ladder. Company is growing quickly and has a long-term outlook on how things will work. People are treated with respect and talent is recognized. I have to wonder if some of these other reviews are people who couldn't do their job. Project managers are trained to treat technical folks with respect the deserve and don't breathe down your neck about deadlines as long as you work hard.

Cons

Like most places, getting started is kind of slow. Onboarding process is a lot of learn-by-shadowing, but that is changing quickly.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

7. Great company

Pros

Flexible work environment Good benefits Competitive Salary

Cons

No clear path for career advancement Growing small company - expect some growing pains

Manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Worth, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Worth, FL

I have been working at Sentry Data Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work/home balance. Competitive salaries. Great people to work with!

Cons

Growing pains cause some 'on the fly' learning.

Racist, one of the worst companies

Former Employee - Manager in Deerfield Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Manager in Deerfield Beach, FL

I worked at Sentry Data Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

High salaries, some nice people. The location in sunny south Florida is quite fantastic. That's really about it for the PROs.

Cons

Unorganized, zero training, poor communication! They throw you to the wolves with little to no training and get frustrated when you fail. That is unless you're a member of the "Old Boys Club". Senior management does some very shady, underhanded things....oh boy, if the Feds ever thoroughly investigated them.....

Advice to Management

Don't hire inexperienced people and expect them to catch on with no training.

10. Great Place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield Beach, FL

I have been working at Sentry Data Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

autonomy to get the job done. flexible upper management that listens to feedback and act on information that moves the business forward.

Cons

None, for now things have been pleasant.

11. Best Company I've Ever Worked For

Current Employee - Management in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Management in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Sentry Data Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Strong executive leadership team - Committment to innovation, industry thought leadership, and product excellence - Measure to improve philosophy drives company to perpetually work to get better, even after market leadeing position has been obtained

Cons

- Rapid growth has led to some lags in process infrastructure, but those are being actively addressed and improved

Advice to Management

- Keep up the good work - Continue to look for talented, intelligent, motivated employees and focus on giving them more opportunities to grow and develop in their careers at Sentry

RSS Feed </> Embed