Senvoy

Jerry Brazie

Worked here too

Former Employee - Worker Bee in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Worker Bee in Portland, OR

I worked at Senvoy full-time (less than a year)

Pros

As an employee, working with a group of dedicated, experienced team of individualus who welcome you as part of the family and go out of the way to help teach the ins/outs of the industry and the policies of the company.

Cons

sometimes longer hours than anticipated.

Pay the drivers on time. don't bait and switch the on or about the 5th and the 20th of the month.

Treat employees like cattle

Former Employee - Company Driver in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Company Driver in Portland, OR

I worked at Senvoy full-time

Pros

Centrally located in SE Portland

Cons

poor pay, no benefits, management keeps employees at arms length, one of the worst companies I've ever worked for

stop treating your employees like cattle

Incorrect pay, Harassment and Intimidation, Hard Work for Nothing

Former Employee - Contracted Driver
    Former Employee - Contracted Driver

I worked at Senvoy full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Driver Resources/Senvoy breached the contract by not paying my company, therefore, I do not have to provide driving services any longer.

Cons

Have to dispute every time you invoice to get the money you're owed. Required to pay $32/week/driver for ZoAn services and insurance. Harassed and micromanaged constantly by dispatch. Tell you one day they are happy with your work and the next, you are not good enough. Long hours, lied to and cheated on pay. Not worth it, even if you are desperate like I was. No one is happy here.

People you hire to drive are adults and are capable of self-managing themselves. There is no need to be on the communication program (texting!!) drivers every 5 minutes all day. We know the priorities and are doing our best. We do not need to be micromanaged. Every time we stop to respond to you, we are losing time. 5 minutes here and there adds up fast! And you wonder why deliveries are late!? Get your heads out of wherever they are and treat your drivers with respect, which includes paying them what they deserve.

Appalling

I worked at Senvoy full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There aren't any reasons to work here unless you love being worked into the ground for very little reward, zero insurance & working under the most arrogant louse in Portland.

Cons

Challenges of working here: You will end up jaded very quickly, resentful of management and will probably struggle to pay your bills. Oh, and you won't have a life because of all of the ridiculous hours you're required to work. And forget about calling in sick - even if you are violently ill. Funeral? Forget it!

Be human. Stop acting like the soulless individuals you seem to be. Take CARE of your employees. That means NO work on vacations, benefits and time to do family activities when necessary. Sick time would be a step up, too.

Horrible company

Former Employee - I Did EVERYTHING for NOTHING in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - I Did EVERYTHING for NOTHING in Portland, OR

I worked at Senvoy full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are no pros to working at this place. It's run by idiots and jerks. Run as far away as you possibly can and do not look back.

Cons

The place is the seventh layer of hell. If you enjoy working for slave wages, this is the pace for you.

Leave the business to people who have hearts, minds, and know how to use both in a balanced combo.

Ripped off, chewed up, and ripped off some more

Former Contractor - Independent Contractor in Portland, OR
    Former Contractor - Independent Contractor in Portland, OR

I worked at Senvoy as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

There are none, unless you are a first time courier with no experience and no former jobs to compare this one to.

Cons

You will be treated like a number, ripped off at every turn, and they will get as much money out of you as possible. They will underpay you by far, ignore your disputes, and then hide behind ZOAN Management to create this system where no one within Senvoy or Zoan can actually be held accountable for your pay or your work conditions.

There is a a huge difference between being profitable and being a heartless entity who feeds off people who just want to work and support themselves and their families. My advice is just sell your business to someone with a soul. You've got a good racket going, and I'm sure that you could live off the sale of your company for a long long time sir.

Habitually late in paying contracted drivers

Current Contractor - Contracted Driver
    Current Contractor - Contracted Driver

I have been working at Senvoy as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

As a contracted driver, you just have to know what that entails-- you should not expect benefits like an employee, because you're not.

Cons

They are habitually late in payments to their contracted drivers. And they incorrectly withhold some amounts when they do finally cut the check.

Here's the beef-- I experience this myself all the time, and I hear it from other contracted drivers as well: They are habitually late in making their payments to the contracted drivers. There's no excuse for this (other than they may be having trouble staying afloat?), because it is an electronic system of drivers reporting their jobs and submitting an invoice-- all the data they need to pay gets to them instantly. The check coming back to you ought to be fairly quick. It isn't. Oh, and they refuse to provide a direct-deposit option on that check too. (Gives them an extra day or so to 'float' the check?)

Another thing they are constantly doing to me is trying to withhold some of what I am owed, by 'conveniently' missing part of my routes. I have to call them almost every-other-time to get them to re-issue another check to make up for what they left off the last one. If this happens once, I could understand, but it keeps happening over and over. That's either intentional, or they are completely inept at what they are doing.

Ridiculous and abusive.

Former Contractor - Driver in Portland, OR
    Former Contractor - Driver in Portland, OR

I worked at Senvoy as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

If you need an expensive lesson about being used this is the place to work. The net pay after fees and expenses will make your decision to leave easy.

Cons

It 8 weeks to get my last paycheck, I only worked there 4 weeks. The net pay was miniscule because they deducted for (and delivered) my brand new uniform, 8 weeks after termination.

The business would run better if you treated people with respect.

I enjoy going to work!

I have been working at Senvoy full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

it's a great environment to work in. You feel you are part of a Team, not just someone who sits in a cubicle. I have been working here for quite a few years and I have no plans to leave. and yes the Boss man drives really really nice cars, however he will always say hello to you and treat you as a person, not just someone that works for him, I have yet to hear him talk down to anyone.

I have found from experience and witnessed- if you apply yourself, learn the ins and outs of the business you will move up in responsibility and salary.

Cons

you will have to WORK. if you are looking for a job to punch in and out of while texting and surfing the internet this is not the company for you. you are expected to arrive every day-even during a snow storm and complete your assigned tasks,

the main group- you have been working together for 20+ years and newly coming into that fold can be daunting, don't get upset when we don't have the same knowledge you have

Senvoy as an employer

Current Employee - Classified in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Classified in Portland, OR

I have been working at Senvoy full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, strong management, positive work environment, highly professional and very laid back at the same time somehow, expected to run with ideas and self-manage, committed team - here we can all rely 100% on team members having our back - whenever anyone asks anyone for anything, the answer is always yes - I've never heard "that's not my job."

I am a relatively new Senvoy employee, and I read some of these Glassdoor "employee" reviews before coming on board. Despite two or three people posting and re-posting their bad opinions, a good friend of mine was an employee here and told me repeatedly how great a place to work Senvoy is, so here I am.

I've been here a little while now and I can say that there is very little attrition at Senvoy, and Senvoy's employees seem loyal, hardworking and happy. I personally feel empowered to make a difference, important to the company, and I consider myself well-paid for the work I do. From inside, I can tell you that the company is solid and the owner is good to his people.

As for these disgruntled drivers reviewing Senvoy, well. They don't work for Senvoy; they are independent contractors who work for themselves, legitimately and legally. They are given an opportunity to set their own hours, to choose what work they do and don't want to do, and to determine their own income. Good drivers make decent money and seem perfectly content. The complainers seem to me to be people that aren't very good at courier work but blame others for their troubles. I'm sure they feel victimized wherever they work now too because clearly it couldn't be their fault that they don't make a decent living or have many career options. Again, the drivers I have come to know and have asked about how they like what they do seem to have a completely different story than these "reviewers."

I truly enjoy my position at Senvoy and can see me working here for many years to come.

Cons

High demands, long hours (but no one sets my hours, I choose when I need to be there), not all my responsibilities are things I enjoy dealing with.