Sephora

www.sephora.com

Sephora Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Calvin McDonald

Pros
  • Love their employees and really strive to ensure great work life balance(in 30 reviews)

• Free products, exceptional education and investment the company makes with each individual(in 47 reviews)

Cons
  • Great core values except work/life balance can be a struggle (like with any retail)(in 35 reviews)

• No work/life balance, always on your feet, catty coworkers who like to gossip(in 14 reviews)

Sephora is a great company to work for.

Color Consultant (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosyou get amazing benefits even if you are just part time. you get free products, YES FREE. it a great overall learning experience. there room for growth with the company. great company values.

Consdepending at which location you work for, you get very slow traffic and that affects everything. it affects your hours, bonus and things to do. so if you do apply try a high traffic store. at least in NYC anyways

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement could become very selfish with scheduling. should consider actually following company values. should also practice better communication

Great experience

Color (Former Employee) Boston, MA

Prostraining, education, compensation, perks, gratis

Conshours, personal growth, office culture, benefits, hour

Fantastic company

Program Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsFast paced creative environment. Work-life balance has changed to actually having one. Benefits are great, not as great as the tech world, and compensation is on mid-range but great bonus structure.

ConsConstant change and re-org. Leadership is constantly busy. Decision making for programs is painful. I always feel like everyone and the janitor has to weigh in on something that should only be the SVP, CMO, and CEO.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean up the decision tree. Better align salary and listen to employees about bad employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great experience just lack of pay

Color Consultant (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat cast, lots of gratis, amazing environment, lots of training, great discount, fun culture, fun events

ConsUnstable hours, little pay, only benefits for ft or partial pt

Amazing, best company to work for

Sephora Product Consultant (Current Employee) Wesley Chapel, FL

ProsYou get to be your self and have fun all day

ConsIt is makeup....there are not any cons

Advice to Senior ManagementAmazing job !

Good but room for improvement

Cashier (Current Employee) Arlington, TX

ProsSometimes there is a lack of professionalism at the workplace. Upper leadership do not do their part most of the time. We are expected to teach ourselves things, and upper leadership expects us to know everything without any training.

ConsThe company is great, just not the leadership. Very very unprofessional.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire team leaders that can actually do their part.

ok

Sales Associate (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prosgifts and gratis and just wearing makeup. get a lot of training and knowledge

Consits like slavery at times. managers can be so robotic and budget oriented.

Advice to Senior Managementbe human

Great people, terrible management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat co-workers and amazing brand partners

ConsUpper management is too controlling

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Not too shabby

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible schedule, no individual sales goals, fun girls, and no trying to get customers to open a credit account....like dept stores.

ConsComing from a cosmetic counter, the hardest part was learning about several different cosmetic lines.

The play Pin

Fragrance Consultant (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsTons of training and product knowledge. Enough to make you a skilled expert.

ConsOnce you are an "expert" advancement is limited. Most of leadership lacks interpersonal skills and training. Basically artists being managed by robots.

Worked for Sephora? Contribute to the Community!