Sephora Reviews

Reset
3.6
Sephora President and CEO Calvin McDonald
Calvin McDonald

Pros
  • Work-life balance has changed to actually having one (in 37 reviews)

• The free products are a nice perk (in 59 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is a company value but not executed in many channels (in 47 reviews)

• No work life balance- even when your home you still get calls (in 17 reviews)

1,115 Employee Reviews

1. Featured Review

Loving Sephora, So is everyone else!

Current Employee - Cashwrap in Mission Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Cashwrap in Mission Viejo, CA

I have been working at Sephora part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Its a great workplace! I love how they educate all of us "Cast Members", it assures we know everything for the benefit of the Clients "Customers" . I love the way the business works, and how we have meetings, Classes. The way LV runs his company assures money coming in and a great business, It inspires me! Its a very positive work place, Always recognition of the cast members (Awards, marriage Proposals, Promotions, Hard Working..etc. .it's really neat! ..) It all gets recognized, and during daily meet ups, told to congratulate them! Its just great to be acknowledged when doing good.. not most companies do that. But the DIC "Managers" really are great. They help so much,..there's so much to learn from them, and hopefully I can make it to permanent cast and continue learning and working for them. There is so much room to grow within the company! Sorry Everyone I'm writing a lot.. Just love working for Sephora & so much to say!

Cons

You can not have any "Lazy" days of work. You cant go in wearing sweatpants and a T if you are having a rough day, like in most retail! haha But its okay because it just means that if you plan on going out after work you're already dressed, your makeup and hair is already done & its actually fun getting all pretty early in the morning and you go out and everyone around town is still half asleep lol. But at most that's probably the WORST thing about it, nothing else at all... besides seasonal hours kind of suck except thanksgiving hasn't really hit yet, so maybe Ill get more! Oh theres one thing that does kind of suck... if you were a frequent shopper from Sephora before you worked there.. you have to get your Sephora makeup scribed or you cant bring it in at all... Which sucks.. All my makeup is from there already.

Advice to Management

Don't hire as much seasonal.. Its hard to get in hours... especially because I am trying really hard to become permanent, that I feel like I don't have enough time to shine! & I don't want to work multiple jobs. I'm putting all of my heart in Sephora, therefore I wont get a second job since Sephora is my main focus.. So unless after the holidays I become permanent, Ill have to find more work :(

Great

Pros

Sephora is a great company

Cons

There are no cons when working for Sephora

3. Best Job I had ever

Current Employee - Recovery Lead in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Recovery Lead in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Sephora full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Gratis, Good Pay, Benefits, bonuses for managers,great co-workers

Cons

There's really no cons to this job. Its always a fun day

Advice to Management

Management Keep up the good work and always focus on teamwork

5. Color Consultant

Current Employee - Color Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Color Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sephora full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Gratis is amazing. Amazing. Education is very important here, so you will definitely learn a lot. They really value you at this company.

Cons

Pay isn't as high as other cosmetic retailers. You're asked to have many responsibilities but the pay doesn't always reflect that.

Advice to Management

None. Management is different where ever you go.

Great place to learn

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Sephora full-time

Pros

Great education, we are thoroughly trained before even being allowed on the floor. Gratis- We are spoiled

Cons

Discount only 20% on brands & 40% on Sephora Collection It can be hard to have growth depending on your leadership team The pay scale is not even across the board, you may do more but you can be paid less than another... Definitely push for $12+ when you apply

Advice to Management

Give more opportunity for growth Fair compensation, you get promoted with more responsibilities but are not given a raise

7. The best retail to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Sephora full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great internal training program, pays above average for retail, company cares about its employees, freedom to make smart and positive decisions with customers, many avenues for growth, an uplifting work culture

Cons

Little downtime--there's always something you should be doing

8. Cashier/Seasonal

Pros

Great Environment, Friendly Coworkers, Excellent Training, get to work with fun products.

Cons

Not enough hours because I was seasonal.

9. Product consultant

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

I have been working at Sephora part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Gratis (free makeup every month) Good job for college students p-t hours but pay is good. A lot of one on one with customers Play with makeup

Cons

Management is difficult, one says one thing the other says another. Some bosses don't want to work with your school schedules Lost it's artistry

10. Fun, Creative Environment

Pros

The gratis and education are second to none!

Cons

The environment can be intimidating at first. The job can, at times, be very stressful. Expectations are high, but you have all of the tools necessary to succeed.

11. Best job ever!

Pros

This is where life long careers and dreams come true!

Cons

Lots of metrics to measure at any given time but when managed well you are rewarded.

Showing 1,115 of 1,137 reviews