Sephora

www.sephora.com

Sephora Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Calvin McDonald

Pros
  • Love their employees and really strive to ensure great work life balance (in 30 reviews)

• Free products, exceptional education and investment the company makes with each individual (in 48 reviews)

Cons
  • Great core values except work/life balance can be a struggle (like with any retail) (in 35 reviews)

• No work/life balance, always on your feet, catty coworkers who like to gossip (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

Amazing

ProsSupport and training customer service and discount

ConsHours and cooperate attitude cut throat

Great for Retail

Operations Lead (Current Employee) Hartford, CT

ProsExcellent gratis program. Great values and initiatives, forward thinking. Client focused selling strategy, low pressure educated consulting. Fairly achievable multi-tier store bonus program.

ConsDifficult to grow unless you are willing to change location, which is understandable but challenging if there is only one store near you and you don't want to relocate. Great core values except work/life balance can be a struggle (like with any retail). Upper management finds any opportunity to be in the office, sales consults become frustrated with lack of support.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay true to company initiatives and work on the floor more. Don't make promises you can't/won't keep to make people happy in the moment.

Great Learning Experience For Aspiring MUA Or Beauty Lovers Alike

Product Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsGreat training and free products monthly. You learn a lot about the beauty industry and brands (and you have to, so study up). You become very close with your team and managers, but there also tends to be drama as well. Free uniforms. Great starting pay for a retail job where no license is needed. Very fun place to work.

ConsRetail hours, busy holiday season, LOTS of cleaning...I mean LOTS. I worked for Sephora inside JCP and I hated that part (being "a part" of the JCP business). Drama (I mean it's mainly all girls). Difficult to rise within the company (but not impossible, just have to wait for an opening).

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

was great experience and great people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros-great training
    -recieved alot of skincare,makeup and fragrance gratis
    -great friendly people to work with,really fun and sweet!
    -good health benefits for full time
    -its just a fun place to work at,clients come back,and if you work hard and do what you are expected to it doesn't feel like working overthere.

Conslast min schedule
    cutting hours sometimes
    it was a very good place to work at .thats all the Cons I have.

Advice to Senior Managementthey care and do a great job!

Great Job

Cashier (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsFlexible, lots of perks, friendly clients

Consno work life balance really

Advice to Senior Managementstop the favoritism

Crazy but very Fun!

Skincare Lead (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThis company is all about educating their employees . There were great trainings in store almost every day from the various brands Sephora carried. I was also sent to numerous cities throughout the US for in depth classes.

ConsConstantly changing protocol and procedures. A new way of doing things would be introduced and a week or two later it would change and then change again a few weeks after that. It left the employees very confused and wasted a ton of time.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome of the upper management in the store was not always fair and consistent. They had their favorites and if you were not one of them you most definitely knew it.

Sephora is fun

compensation
    Money
     Bonuses
    More time off

ProsBonuses, gratis, teamwork, meeting new people

ConsFast paced, long interview process, all employees start off part time on register

Advice to Senior Management*

One of the best retail employers I have ever worked for- Great Values, Care about Employees, Education focused.

Color Consultant (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsLots of education, training and opportunities to learn and grow. Love their employees and really strive to ensure great work life balance. This is one of the only retailers I have ever worked for that give so much back to their employees (gratis, training, bonuses, educational opportunities).

ConsSometimes the company's message and focus changes so frequently it is hard to keep up. Small raises and little room to grow at a store level unless you want to work for corporate or move.

Sephora experience

ProsGreat education and flexible hours

Consinconsistiant hours and low pay.

Worked for Sephora? Contribute to the Community!