Sephora

www.sephora.com
Employer Engaged

I had a generally good experience working for Sephora

I worked at Sephora

Pros

Pros include gratis, sales bonuses, highly team-oriented, and generally energetic and positive atmosphere. I met some really great people who had the same interest and passion as me: make-up!

Cons

Management was sometimes disorganized and took advantage of their privelages. Problems were not often taken care of and looked over. I also found myself doing a lot of managers work that they did not want to do. Also, my availability was not always considered.

Consider employees availability and be more invested in the business. At least in my experience, poor management was the reason I departed with the company.

Great Company to work for and to further grow your makeup passion.

Current Employee - Color Cast Member in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Color Cast Member in New York, NY

I have been working at Sephora

Pros

Sephora is a great company to work for. They really enjoy it when their consultants want to move around to the different worlds (fragrance, skincare, or color). Willing to work with your schedule. Perks of getting gratis from different brands. Work as a team instead of a individual. Career opportunities are endless especially if you want to move up in the company.

Cons

Not commission base. When business is slow your hours get cut.

This really depends on which store you end up working for. Each store has they strong and weak leadership members.

I've been working at this company as an overnight recovery cast member. I love it so far.

Current Employee - Operations Consultant
    Current Employee - Operations Consultant

I have been working at Sephora

Pros

You get gratis, everyone is so nice, the discount isnt too bad and you get to learn a lot about makeup and the different brands. If you are interested in makeup this job obviously is a great one to have!

Cons

you work with a lot of women so there sometimes can be drama, also the interview process can take awhile, especially if you're hired as seasonal and then asked to come on board permanently; you have to do more interviews for that. the training also takes some time, but its extensive and you will know what you're doing by the end of it. You'll have minimal questions.

It was rewarding and felt like a family.

Current Employee - Operations Lead in Ventura, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Lead in Ventura, CA

I have been working at Sephora full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Gratis! And great company values.

Cons

When the company was in a bind, they put a band aid on a situation - not an actually solution which in turn lead to half the staff leaving.

Great company!

Current Employee - Product Consultant in Evansville, IN
    Current Employee - Product Consultant in Evansville, IN

I have been working at Sephora

Pros

This company provides a fun and educational atmosphere on the latest beauty products. Training is provided from your beauty educator on staff. A lot of information to learn, but is an amazing gateway to a career in beauty, cosmo., and/or esthetician services.

Cons

At my specific store it took a long time to be trained and the store was quite unorganized behind-the-scenes. Products that had been RTW's (return items because they were out of date for sale) had been stored away in the storage room which lost a lot of revenue for the store. The reason this happened was because the operations position was not filled for months after the previous operations employee quit.

No advice. They are doing a great job at getting everything reset to how it should be.

Great Career Company!!

I have been working at Sephora

Pros

Discount, Bonuses, Gratis, Training/Knowledge, plenty of growth opportunities!

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about this company

Pretty awesome.

Former Employee - Store Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Store Specialist in San Diego, CA

I worked at Sephora

Pros

Extensive development, innovative ideas, and value driven culture.

Cons

Pay is horrible at all levels.

Being in upper management myself, my best advice in working for this company is always writing your conversations with cast members down. You have a lot of cast members who will try anything to play victim with HR, even after having verbals, writtens, and finals. Ensure you have work life balance. Keep yourself separate from cast members.

what do you expect.....it's retail

I have been working at Sephora

Pros

Learn a lot about the different cosmetic brands, the company actually invest a good amount of time informing you about the products and their benefits and usage.

Cons

Long hours, work holidays and depending on the store will you have a chance to work your way to more advanced positions.

Not bad so far.

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier

I have been working at Sephora

Pros

Gratis and a decent discount

Cons

Nothing to complain about so far.

Overall, good experience.

I worked at Sephora

Pros

Good training practices; very faced-paced, fun environment to work at. There is a lot to learn when it comes to the products and they definitely take the time to train you and keep you updated on new products.

Cons

Working long hours with only one long break. Not a lot of pay increase, and moving up in the company may not occur as fast as expected.

Management should be more consistent.