Sequent Information Systems

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ryan Springer

Career building company

ProsWages are on par for our area. Great work ethics here, challenging and awesome exposure to cutting edge gear. No boring days - keeps me busy all day so no counting the minute hand until 5:00.

ConsCould benefit from better documentation. There is a high standard for communication that can feel like a burden at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep being honest and you will win. Stay true to your clients and you will win. Don't cheap out to make a buck - it's worked this far. Keep fighting the good fight.

Think Twice!!

Technician (Former Employee) Grand Junction, CO

ProsFree lunch once in a while.

ConsToo many old timers deeply entrenched in their roles. Dictators at best and never willing to help. Throw people into the job with little to no training and then expects miraculous results. Leadership worst ever seen, a lot of great people wasted because management would not support them. Terrible place, better think twice.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to respect your employees

Great family oriented company

ProsSequent is great about working around school and family schedules and giving employees time off. Starting pay is good for the area and they compensate employees for gas The company does expect a lot of their employees but is also good about giving raises and more responsibilities when those expectations are met. They support many different companies in the area and have grown a lot since I first started. They occasionally provide breakfast and lunch for employees and have a very nice Christmas Party.

ConsThere is a high tech turnover.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The company is a ploy for the Springer family to fill its coffers and support a right-wing political agenda.

Technician (Former Employee) Grand Junction, CO

ProsMy starting pay was reasonable considering my skills and experience. I received additional compensation for gas and maintenance for my vehicle. I was constantly challenged to take on more difficult tasks. The company supported a wide variety of clients in the community. Management was willing to work around my full-time college schedule. They also provided breakfast and lunch on occasion and a Christmas party at a nice restaurant.

ConsMy starting pay was decreased without a warning or reason. Although I was challenged, I received little to no training to have a chance at succeeding. There was a serious lack of communication with regards to instruction, deadlines, and expectations. I was given projects that management would not even take on so that when I failed they could blame me in order to buy themselves more time. They pride themselves on quantity over quality with regards to getting work done. I often had to go back to the client several times to address different issues. When I decided to address all the issues at once (ask around for problems), both the client and management thought that I was incompetent when I was trying to be efficient. While working there for several years, I saw a high turn-over rate in the secretary and technician positions. They seem to hire based on looks and political ideology rather than skills and experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementWean yourself from the support of your family. Go back to college and obtain formal education in business management, finance and human resources. Learn how to effectively support and train your employees. Hire people based on skills and experience.

No communication or training

Office Assistant (Former Employee) Grand Junction, Mesa, CO

ProsThe people were very nice to your face. Not sure about behind your back though.

ConsI was never reprimanded or told that I was doing my job bad or wrong. I found my exact job on Craigslist. When I asked for an explanation I was ignored. I had to email the entire company to get a call back if I was supposed to work or not. Then I was told I would NOT be given a reason why I was let go. Nice place.....

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to your employees!!!!

Office politics and poor employee treatment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Grand Junction, Mesa, CO

ProsCompensation and benefits were on par for the area.

ConsI was promised one job then given another, then let go when I had completed a project for a large client. Management was non-communicative, volatile, and cared more about the bottom line than company reputation or employee well being. I would not work for them and would, and have, recommended other companies avoid them.

Not a good choice...

Technician (Current Employee) Grand Junction, Mesa, CO

ProsSequent will work around your schedule, take you out to lunch every once and awhile, and let you go home an hour early on Fridays. I believe all this is done as a front and not intended to boost morale.

ConsSequent's Co-owners are incompetent when it comes to running a business. Neither of them have a college education or any experience in running a business before they started Sequent. One of the owner’s parents takes charge of the company financials. This coupled with lack of communication and the unwillingness to train their employees is a big reason for their sickening six month turn around.

Advice to Senior ManagementOnly work for Sequent for a short time and for the experience.

Management is Childish and treats employees like disposable pawns.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWages are on par with the area

ConsManagement is childish, they fire people at the drop of a hat often without an explanation. The management treat the workplace as some kind of power game. There is ZERO training and you are expected to basically be psychic and instantly know everything management knows or you will get "talked to". There is always drama in the office and someone is always in trouble (most of the time it is a way for management to cover their own failures). There is Zero job security and if you are an IT professional steer clear of this company, the reason they are still in business is because there really is not other choice in Grand Junction, but they are a poor business with no morals, no backbone and Zero integrity.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow up, get some management training (not just a seminar) and treat your staff properly

Worked for Sequent Information Systems? Contribute to the Community!