Sequoia Equities Reviews

Updated February 16, 2015
23 reviews filtered by
3.7
Mark Carter

WHOA......AWESOME! CHALLENGING! BEST JOB MOVE EVER!

Current Employee - Senior Leasing Consultant in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Leasing Consultant in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Sequoia Equities full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

At SE you get the opportunity to shine and grow with the company, they constantly provide training with the most up to date materials and tools to stay ready with current market, while also providing chances to grow within, and have a wide range of job locations to choose from if looking to transfer

Cons

Very fast pace working force, teams are built like a secondary family, schedule's are light and management is understandable about family living situations so they work with your schedule. A lot of GREAT individual LEADERS to learn from as well as receive encouragement and positive motivation to drive you to do your best.

Every manager I have come acrossed has always been respectful, upfront, honest, fun, very professional, business savvy, and one heck of a Leader with a great team to follow. As long as you perform your daily tasks and stay on point, there are on issue's. Management has always had an open door policy, which is nice, as some places I have been they could care less and that's poor management.

Not the greatest

Former Employee - Community Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Community Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Sequoia Equities

Pros

Friendly atmosphere. One of the few companies that see to be pro-consumer. At the time of offer the salary seemed fair (see cons for work life balance)

Cons

To start off I must disclose I moved from a much larger company and took a chance on this smaller company.
    Upon interviewing it was stated this company was leading in technology, once I started the position of manager I quickly learned how untrue this was and how far behind in the property management industry they were.
    There was a huge lack of support from the corporate office.
    Corporate office seemed to have a lack of knowledge of the industry as well as federal and local laws.
    Commission pay outs for leasing are on the smaller scale from industry standard.
    Because of the lack of support from corporate, work/life balance was negatively affected which then made the salary offer less than appealing especially considering the area of the building. Corporate office seemed to be more of a close group of friends than a professional environment.
    Upper management shows a lack of accountability for decisions they choose to make.

All & all this is a okay company if you are starting off in the industry. Corporate office needs to listen to their employees and take them more seriously. Show more support for on property team members.

3. I feel very blessed to be apart of such an awesome company!

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Sequoia Equities full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I love working for the company that I am apart of now. I am new to Sequoia but not to property management and this company sure knows how to run their property's. The company values and the way they treat their residents is out of this world. I unfortunately have had my share of bad management companies so I know when I have struck gold!! I am excited to move up in this company and I am very proud to be a Sequoia Employee.

Cons

I really don't have any con's as of now. Hopefully that doesn't change.

My only advise that I have for Management would be to continue to acknowledge their employees. I feel we do great with the S cards but some times just a "hey good job today " makes it all better.

5. The experience has mattered to me as well.

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Sequoia Equities full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I like the fact that its easy to move up in the ranks of the company. The benefits packages are great. Everyone all the way up to Mark Carter is totally accessible and they know who you are, how long you've been with the company, and when your birthday is. I feel like family.

Cons

The turnover in my area is an issue I thing and it makes it hard to keep a well oiled machine like our office running smoothly when we keep exchanging for new parts all the time.

The only advice I have for upper management is that when ideas are in the embryonic stages and you are bouncing ideas off of each other include some LCs in the discussions too. I feel that a lot of ideas are great from the outside looking in but from the inside when your job is being directly affected by these decisions I'd like to be more involved in the functionality aspect. Aesthetically things work but having all parties represented might help give some perspective.

6. A Company Built For Leaders

I have been working at Sequoia Equities full-time

Pros

If you are comfortable with risk-taking, change and personal growth, this is the property management company for you.

Cons

Although Sequoia has grown consistently over the years, it is a medium-sized property owner, so career growth opportunities can be limited. Having said that, the company has a strong record of promoting from within.

7. FUN FRIENDLY FAMILY ENVIRONMENT

I have been working at Sequoia Equities part-time

Pros

I have worked for the company for many years. We have grown so much, and are still expanding. Everyone works together to achieve the goals that are set forth. The company really does care about the people, not just "Getting the job done".

Cons

The work volume is pretty big. Still, there are plans to change that, so I am looking forward to what the company rolls out for next year.

8. Great company

Former Employee - Community Manager in Walnut Creek, CA
    Former Employee - Community Manager in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at Sequoia Equities full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing people, great benefits, small office setting. Loved my time here, would have stayed but moved out of the area and they only had a Cailfornia pressence at the time.

Cons

Growing a little faster than they are ready for. Slow down a little bit, do not forget where you started.

Love my job!

Current Employee - Assistant Community Manager in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Community Manager in Orange, CA

I have been working at Sequoia Equities full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I spent over a year working to get into a management position with Sequoia. I am so impressed with all the training and support that is offered to each employee. Sequoia takes education very seriously and is constantly offering classes for each employee to better themselves while keeping abreast on industry changes. They fly you up north for training.

Benefits are very good. Pay is very competitive and bonuses are excellent if meet the leasing criteria. They have employee fun day and give back to the employees and their family with a paid day off to a specified event.

Overall I am very pleased and greatly appreciate the opportunity to work with one of the leaders in out industry.

Cons

Lots of marketing changes can be difficult to keep up with if you are not following closely. You have to be very prepared, and ready to work hard. If you can't give 100% and meet Sequoia requirements, this probably isn't the right company for you. The properties are incredibly busy and you will get overwhelmed if you aren't on top of your game.

Great Company!

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Sequoia Equities full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Tons of training, incentives, and great bonuses. My manager in particular is amazing-- Definitely encourages personal growth.

Cons

Pay is not the greatest for the amount of work done.

Continue to train Community Managers to uplift, support, and encourage their team. Also, business attire as dress code would be great... Rather than the frumpy uniforms we order.

its ok..

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant

I have been working at Sequoia Equities full-time

Pros

Sequoia is large enough that there is room to grow or transfer to other properties or positions.

Cons

You really need to have a cheer leader mentality here. If you cannot put on a fake newscaster smile and schmooze with them, you're going to have a bad time. Not enough innovative thought

Get real business minded people incorporate office.

Sequoia Equities Photos