Sequoia Equities Reviews

3.6
Mark Carter

1. Leasing Consultant

I have been working at Sequoia Equities full-time

Pros

Excellent management and training program. They really care about their employees and the quality of the customer experience.

Cons

None so far! I am really enjoying my time with the company.

Sequoia Equities Response

Jul 1, 2015 – Director of HR

Hi there! This is Enrica Suson and I am the Director of Human Resources for Sequoia Equities. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review for Sequoia. We love that you are enjoying your ... More

2. Good Benefits, Poor Management and Wages

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA

I worked at Sequoia Equities full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Staff is easy going and is always available to help each other out with tasks.

Cons

Management is all about their bonuses and doesn't have the interest of their residents or staff in mind. They cut corners when it comes to technology, upkeep of their facilities, and improvements of the property. Managers are often found gossiping and create stories to get others written up or fired. It is not the work environment that I could see myself working in long term and that is why I moved on after a year. The pay is not there either, they are competitive for starting positions but it is really hard to move up in the company and pay for most positions only increases $0.25 per hour after your annual review. Management holds high expectations but does not follow up to make sure they are met.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and engage with your business. Spend money where it is needed and students will choose you for their 1-4 years of living during school.

Sequoia Equities Response

Aug 11, 2015 – Director of HR

Hi there! My name is Enrica Suson and I am the Director of Human Resources for Sequoia Equities. I appreciate you taking the time to provide Sequoia feedback on what we can do to make the experience ... More

Horrible Company!

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Sequoia Equities full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The quarterly bonus is good. Also, the hourly is not bad.

Cons

Constantly being harassed by management. Also, managers are racist if you are not Hispanic or Caucasian they will not welcome you.

Advice to Management

To the CEO! When a property is not doing well and regional managers ask for ideas and then do not execute on those ideas you gave and then still complains about performance there is a huge problem. Also, management should not make racist comments from which country you are from. If this continues your company will become non existent. Also, train managers not to have favoritism especially if they have a crush on a leasing consultant and send secret aim chats to one other and bash another coworker who is unaware that they are being talked about. One day when you go on there computer to post craigslist and they are talking behind your back. If the leasing consultant tries to steal commission there should be serious consequences as well.

Not the greatest

Former Employee - Community Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Community Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Friendly atmosphere. One of the few companies that see to be pro-consumer. At the time of offer the salary seemed fair (see cons for work life balance)

Cons

To start off I must disclose I moved from a much larger company and took a chance on this smaller company. Upon interviewing it was stated this company was leading in technology, once I started the position of manager I quickly learned how untrue this was and how far behind in the property management industry they were. There was a huge lack of support from the corporate office. Corporate office seemed to have a lack of knowledge of the industry as well as federal and local laws. Commission pay outs for leasing are on the smaller scale from industry standard. Because of the lack of support from corporate, work/life balance was negatively affected which then made the salary offer less than appealing especially considering the area of the building. Corporate office seemed to be more of a close group of friends than a professional environment. Upper management shows a lack of accountability for decisions they choose to make.

Advice to Management

All & all this is a okay company if you are starting off in the industry. Corporate office needs to listen to their employees and take them more seriously. Show more support for on property team members.

WHOA......AWESOME! CHALLENGING! BEST JOB MOVE EVER!

Current Employee - Senior Leasing Consultant in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Leasing Consultant in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Sequoia Equities full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At SE you get the opportunity to shine and grow with the company, they constantly provide training with the most up to date materials and tools to stay ready with current market, while also providing chances to grow within, and have a wide range of job locations to choose from if looking to transfer

Cons

Very fast pace working force, teams are built like a secondary family, schedule's are light and management is understandable about family living situations so they work with your schedule. A lot of GREAT individual LEADERS to learn from as well as receive encouragement and positive motivation to drive you to do your best.

Advice to Management

Every manager I have come acrossed has always been respectful, upfront, honest, fun, very professional, business savvy, and one heck of a Leader with a great team to follow. As long as you perform your daily tasks and stay on point, there are on issue's. Management has always had an open door policy, which is nice, as some places I have been they could care less and that's poor management.

7. I feel very blessed to be apart of such an awesome company!

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Sequoia Equities full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working for the company that I am apart of now. I am new to Sequoia but not to property management and this company sure knows how to run their property's. The company values and the way they treat their residents is out of this world. I unfortunately have had my share of bad management companies so I know when I have struck gold!! I am excited to move up in this company and I am very proud to be a Sequoia Employee.

Cons

I really don't have any con's as of now. Hopefully that doesn't change.

Advice to Management

My only advise that I have for Management would be to continue to acknowledge their employees. I feel we do great with the S cards but some times just a "hey good job today " makes it all better.

8. The experience has mattered to me as well.

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Sequoia Equities full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I like the fact that its easy to move up in the ranks of the company. The benefits packages are great. Everyone all the way up to Mark Carter is totally accessible and they know who you are, how long you've been with the company, and when your birthday is. I feel like family.

Cons

The turnover in my area is an issue I thing and it makes it hard to keep a well oiled machine like our office running smoothly when we keep exchanging for new parts all the time.

Advice to Management

The only advice I have for upper management is that when ideas are in the embryonic stages and you are bouncing ideas off of each other include some LCs in the discussions too. I feel that a lot of ideas are great from the outside looking in but from the inside when your job is being directly affected by these decisions I'd like to be more involved in the functionality aspect. Aesthetically things work but having all parties represented might help give some perspective.

9. A Company Built For Leaders

I have been working at Sequoia Equities full-time

Pros

If you are comfortable with risk-taking, change and personal growth, this is the property management company for you.

Cons

Although Sequoia has grown consistently over the years, it is a medium-sized property owner, so career growth opportunities can be limited. Having said that, the company has a strong record of promoting from within.

10. FUN FRIENDLY FAMILY ENVIRONMENT

I have been working at Sequoia Equities part-time

Pros

I have worked for the company for many years. We have grown so much, and are still expanding. Everyone works together to achieve the goals that are set forth. The company really does care about the people, not just "Getting the job done".

Cons

The work volume is pretty big. Still, there are plans to change that, so I am looking forward to what the company rolls out for next year.

11. Great company

Former Employee - Community Manager in Walnut Creek, CA
    Former Employee - Community Manager in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at Sequoia Equities full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing people, great benefits, small office setting. Loved my time here, would have stayed but moved out of the area and they only had a Cailfornia pressence at the time.

Cons

Growing a little faster than they are ready for. Slow down a little bit, do not forget where you started.

RSS Feed </> Embed