Sequris Group

www.sequrisgroup.com

Sequris Group Reviews

3.5

Eric Eder

Quickly pick up new skills

Current Employee - Pefer Not to Say  in  Royal Oak, MI
    Current Employee - Pefer Not to Say in Royal Oak, MI

I have been working at Sequris Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good Management, Good people and company to work for.

Cons

Building has serious heating/cooling issues.

Interesting dynamics

I have been working at Sequris Group full-time

Pros

Technically sound company. Feels like a start up. Company has been around for a while. Wear many hats. **Select** intelligent individuals.

Cons

Management does not execute to commitments. Unorganized at times. Unprofessional. Clients are not treated the way they should be treated. Arrogant.

Good Place to Be

Current Employee - Security Consultant  in  Royal Oak, MI
    Current Employee - Security Consultant in Royal Oak, MI

I have been working at Sequris Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been with Sequris Group for a couple of years now, and am very happy with my job (I work in the technical side of the house).

-Opportunities to "step outside of comfort zone" and grow personally and professionally. If you are the type of person with a desire to learn and grow, and you can handle a challenging environment, this is a good place to be. You will be exposed to new technologies and opportunities constantly.

-Opportunity to directly impact the success of the company in a meaningful way. Because SG is a relatively small company that's growing, everyone on the team plays an important role in the success of the group.

-The team at SG is close-knit and everyone works together well. Teamwork is critical in our environment and we need to rely on one another to get our jobs done.

Cons

-There is no doubt that this isn't an easy place to work. We don't always work regular hours, and there are times when the workload can be pretty heavy. Technically, things don't always go as expected and you have to be able to handle it. It truly is a dynamic work environment and can be stressful at times. If you don't handle this kind of thing well, this may not be the place for you.

-Continue challenging employees and providing opportunity to grow. It's not always easy to step out of the comfort zone, but it's very rewarding and part of what makes SG a great place to be.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Love, Love, Love My Job!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Royal Oak, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Royal Oak, MI

I have been working at Sequris Group part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Such a great place to work. I have been here for several years and feel so fortunate to be a part of such a great team. Everyone genuinely cares about one another and it feels like a large extended family. Management is very transparent and is always open to suggestions and feedback. The best benefit for me is the work/life balance which is unmatched compared to other companies I have worked for.

Cons

Because we are still a smaller sized company you do wear several "hats" at times. However, I have learned new things and new challenges which keeps any daily routine interesting.

7 years on the job and couldn't be happier

I have been working at Sequris Group

Pros

Love the people at the company and at our customers. Get to work with some huge names in everything from manufacturing to health care to law enforcement! I really like the comp plan here as well - bonuses are earned through performance and, for the motivated person, there is a chance to make a very good living. Insurance is paid, by the company, for my entire family. I also like the family environment - I have a very sick little boy and the company has been nothing but supportive to my family and I while we work to care for him. Doctors appointments, hospital stays, time off to care for him, never has been even a minor issue. As far as the President/CEO Eric - he has a true open door policy - he has never been too busy to listen to whats on my mind. In fact, he solicits employee feedback on a weekly basis at our departmental meetings on how we can improve the company and work out challenges we face - I feel like I have actual influence on the company, its direction, and its operations. All and all this is a really great place to be.

Cons

My schedule can, at times, be very hectic. This is mostly due to the nature of the work I do and comes with things like midnight maintenance windows. Sequris makes up by this by giving me flex time so I still get to spend my quality time with my family.

Great location, great people, great opportunities to grow professionally.

I have been working at Sequris Group

Pros

The culture here is great! Having worked at many other companies, large and small, they have created something you may have only read about in books. Management is open to and embraces change. They are also very understanding that we are real people and need some flexibility to accommodate the things that happen in everyday life (doctor appointments, oil changes, sick children, etc). The company is smaller so we can all easily enjoy lunch, baseball games, BBQ's, pumpkin carving, and other events together on a regular basis. Lastly, they are very transparent and keep all of us informed on company health and growth.

Cons

It's a small company so you have to wear a lot of hats and be ready to step outside your job description and help. Also, there are some strong personalities in key roles, which was difficult for me at first. Because I love the dynamic that occurs at small companies I learned to manage my reactions and change the way I communicate. Every job is what you make of it, and I have decided to make everyday great.

Fed up and about to leave

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Royal Oak, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Royal Oak, MI

I have been working at Sequris Group full-time

Pros

*Some* people are nice, education opportunities

Cons

Back-stabbers, people sabotage threats to their jobs (new employees), management don't pay attention to surroundings

Your tech interviewers are intentionally not hiring good candidates because they want to keep their jobs; maybe have a talk. I just heard of another that was ignored and dismissed. I'm about to leave because I'm sick of seeing this every year.

Work harder and accomplish more but the pay doesnt grow with it.

Current Employee - Security Analyst  in  Royal Oak, MI
    Current Employee - Security Analyst in Royal Oak, MI

I have been working at Sequris Group

Pros

You'll learn a lot, and get a few certifications. The people are great personally.

Cons

Low pay for the industry, bigger workload as you progress but no pay increase. People are way over worked. The bonuses are impossible to reach so you're stuck with your base pay. 24/7 is a freebie on your part. There is only one way to grow in the tech field and that to installing equipment. That calls for 7 days a week of work and no work life balance. You pay is stuck at your base salary since the metrics to hit the bonuses cant be reached. Very high turnover rate for such a small company. They claim their positions are in the security industry but really you're a break fix/network support tech, which is a very boring position. Mgmt are all finance pros so they like to evaluate based on black and white numbers in other words judging a book by its cover and not reading into anything beyond it.

Focus on getting competitive with the market value of the type of jobs people are doing. Everyone needs about a 15-20k raise to get this. Instead of only focusing on the metrics to customers focus on the employees that are working to get these metrics. Happy employees will make a company succeed. Give multiple career paths so the company can appeal to many different individuals. Most people here are very stressed and overworked.

Worked for Sequris Group? Contribute to the Community!