Sercel

Add Photos

George Wood

Great Company

Administrative (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsManagement is very in tune to employees

ConsBenefits and pay could be better

Very Bad Compamy

Inspector (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThis company has no pros

ConsManagement will let one person ruin this company for everyone you are not treated fairly. if this person takes a dislike to you your life is turn into a living nightmare.You are told to change to put up with that persons crap or to move on. Thier benefits and compensation is not worth want you have to put up with. Family and holidays mean nothing to Sercel. I was told i may not be able to go to my daughters wedding do to work load. REALLY

Advice to Senior Managementgoodby

Fear Leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood on vacation 3-5 weeks and 401k. Profit sharing

ConsControlled by the French parent and politics are the worse I ever expirenced. Not allowed to have opinions. SR. Managment communications is non existance. Don't care about employees, they just hand you a paycheck. Current health benefit company is terrible, have to fight each claim. They will beat you until you quit or get fired. Broken promises.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetire to save the company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Proschallenging, vibrant, opportunity, scattered, variety

Conscompetitive and tense, long housr

Advice to Senior Managementlocalize, value experienced worker.

Good benefits, nice people, good pay

Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood benefits and pay is good for salary employees

ConsExtremely poor management, no communication between employees and sr. management, rule by fear, threaten people as a way to control, too many temps, employees don't care and there for a paycheck, fire people for the wrong reasons instead of holding managment accountable they fire the poor sap at the bottom of the line.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire all the top management and bring in leaders who want to make a difference

French arrogance all the way...

Pros- Big company that is market leader in many fields with potentially good resources (if you can ever reach them)

Cons- is very centrally controlled & governed from France
    - has the tendency to snub all ideas generated in other offices
    - the habit of buying smaller companies and crushing their R&D departments (because all that is good must come from their R&D centre in France)
    - makes cheap tricks to not pay employees various benefits.

Advice to Senior Managementif you want to become a global player you need to act like a global company.

Great experience very hard labour job

Assembling (Former Employee)

Prosyou will learn alot from the company

ConsManagement dont care about their employee

Advice to Senior Managementshow positive attitude to your employee

Good pay, nice people,

ProsGood competitive pay and benefits. Profit sharing bonus is very nice, which is shared with all full time employees. The company is structured in a very formal way for the most part, and a lot of emphasis is put on correct documentation. People are nice for the most part.

ConsPolitics between departments makes change hard. There is also a lot of procedures and company red tape. Scheduling is very up/down, and not very predictable, which drives many decisions to be made quickly and on the spot. Manufacturing employees can expect put in a lot of OT.

Sercel could be a great company....someday

ProsCompensation is decent, depending on who the hiring manager is that brings you on board. Benefits are some of the best around, excellent medical and 401k along with profit sharing.

ConsCommunication is non-existent between management and employees. There is no effort made by the company to develop competent employees and feedback from employees at all levels is discouraged. Commitment and loyalty are measured by time spent at work and away from family rather than by actual contribution and sacrifice made. Safety is often touted as being the top priority by management but never supported at any level above first line supervisor.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees that make the difference in your company and get rid of the deadweight. Realize that to be leaders you must lead with more than your ego and that empowered employees are the key to success.

Worked for Sercel? Contribute to the Community!