Serco, Inc.

Serco, Inc. Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Serco, Inc. CEO Ed Casey

Ed Casey

Pros
  • Work life balance, great office environment(in 6 reviews)

• Great pay, great opportunites for advancement(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Little to no room for advancement, which means getting on the day shift could take several years(in 6 reviews)

• Lack of communication when rolling out changes that effect the entire company(in 5 reviews)

Great career path but sequester cut employment opportunities.

Consultant (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsExcellent benefits. Competitive salary. Was allowed to attend paid training. Provided new career and learning opportunities. BEST perk: my corporate supervisor mentored me.

ConsSome managers who were not familiar with benefits gave poor advice causing some subordinates' personal difficulties. (FMLA). Some managers had no management skills that compromised subordinates' success.

Advice to Senior ManagementAll departing employees should have mandatory HR out processing and asked why employee leaving.

Good start office job.

General Clerk II (Current Employee)

ProsFull benefits, stable work hours, decent pay, help paying for benefits, great as a starting office job. This was my first office job and it gave me a good idea of what office work is like. Much better than waiting tables, which I had done for many years before.

ConsPay is decent, not horrible but not great. Not much cooperative work among coworkers. Very strict about being in seat, working. Very strict about many things. Constant change. Feast and Famine, working steady one minute and the next you're sitting around with nothing to do. Upper management micro-manages lower level management.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease promote more from within. Not enough communication between upper management, low level management, and employees.

Very unclear guidelines between what is supposed to mandated and the verbal orders

ProsBeing able to interact with clients and providing them with coaching, guidance and necessary tools for transitioning.

ConsThere is constant confict between the upper management, minimal pay and no growth within the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure all employees have clear guidelines. Deal with upper management issues because it affects employee morale.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fair Employer

ProsGreat Benefits and opportunity for gaining training and certifications

ConsPay Considering that they require a masters degree

Poor management on ICAT-21 ID Card Contract

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Norfolk, VA

ProsGreat hours, Monday-Friday 7 am-4 pm.

ConsLeadership does not communicate effectively with staff members, employer sponsored health insurance takes half of your paycheck.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees like human beings.

Solid government contractor

WFL Consultant (Former Employee) Alexandria, VA

ProsGreat pay and professionals to work with. The application process was very smooth, and the interviewers were incredibly nice and easy to talk with. This contractor has been around for several years and I see no reason why they won't continue to be one the leading contractors to support military and family readiness at all levels.

ConsWish I could've worked from home at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart to consider telecommuting one or two days a week. Helps the environment and can really boost moral!

Ambitious Team with Startup Vide

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsTeam culture is great, pay is fair, opportunity to move to different projects is great.

ConsBrand recognition, limited onsite food service

Horrible

Visa Processor (Former Employee) Portsmouth, NH

ProsMaybe the hours that is about it.

Cons-Pay is horrible for the work being done
    -Management treats the peons, horrible
    -Zero room for advancement
    -Stressed out for the work being done
    -Management,could care less if you have a life outside of work. If they want you to work overtime, you have to. Or face being terminated.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat the peons, a little bit better and people would not leave the visa center in droves. You are the reason why, people are leaving. Not the work, not the building, it is you.

Greatful for the opportunity!

Senior Recruiter (Current Employee)

ProsGreat company, great salary, great benefits, great people!

ConsSignificant changes on the contracting side of the Intel.

Its a job considering the current maret condition.

Analyst (Current Employee) Norfolk, VA

ProsPeople that get the work done are passionate about acomplishing tasks on time. Benefits are in line with indusrty standards.

Consbalancing work / life can be challenging due to unplanned unscheduled deadlines, time off may or may not happen with out cell phone calls inturpting any plans, promotions and or development are not a priority

Advice to Senior ManagementPoor planning seems the norm more time adressing issues that could have been non issues if adressed early on vice last minute reactionary vice proactive.

Worked for Serco, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!