Service Experts

Updated April 12, 2014
Updated April 12, 2014
2.3

Michael J. Blatz

Good benefits but not a great place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Service Experts full-time

Pros

This is a subsidiary of Lennox so benefits are good and way less expensive then with smaller companies.

Cons

The office politics is that of a large company and it really shows when making money comes before taking care of the employees. I worked in the Denver accounting office and often felt like we weren't really part of the company.

When you see high turnover there's something wrong and you can't fix it with programs like an employee of the month you have to find the real problem.

Mystery Shopper: Lost income due to arbitrary standards

Current Employee - Mystery Shopper  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Mystery Shopper in Denver, CO

I have been working at Service Experts as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

If you are willing to work as an independent contractor mystery shopping has its benefits: set your own hours, learn about various types of businesses and (usually) deal with reputable companies. I have been doing this for many years in addition to a full-time job to make a little extra money.

Cons

This particular company is arbitrary when reviewing work and changes the standards in the middle of a project. This means you either do the extra work requested or don't get paid at all.

Be fair with your shoppers!

Two-faced.

Former Employee - Commercial Sales
    Former Employee - Commercial Sales

I worked at Service Experts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Thought and thought...I got nothing.

Cons

So numerous. Company was bought back in April 2013 by aging Dallas businessman (former Lennox upper management) and Investment firm. The company had lost over 100M last quarter of 2012. The sole mission is to get all back in black and attractive on paper for a flip. No investment in employees or equipment, or any expenditures of needed upgrades. Lots of Senior demotions and streamlining with rotten morale, scarce found competent support, and a nervous, scared, ruthless culture that dangles fictional carrots of meaningless promises not even ashamed to be the revolving door culture that they are.

The good news is that all the great talent that has been chased off have formed their own companies or are working with great competitors. There will be ample places for them to try to apply for employment once the owner(s) are done with their vision. Just please don't knock on my door.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

corporate HVAC?

Former Employee - Supervisor  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Service Experts full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

If you're looking for a place to scrape by on paycheck to paycheck this is a great place to be! Low hours, Low pay, Low input.

Cons

The NYSE (stock prices) controls the attitude of upper Mtg>which trickles down to the customer service level and on to the customers.
    Service Experts has given away (to EXPERT SERVICE companies) millions of dollars in revenue annually the companies who have the ability to control themselves vs being controlled by stock holders. Thus, Low hours,Low pay & input.

After 18 years at the same company I was forced to leave due to the Corporate way of thinking that affected my hours to the point that I was promised things will get better. Well after three years of continued loyalty I finally lost my home. BUT the stock prices were not falling as fast as the loss customers and employees.
    If Your Team would let the employees take care of the Customer, (who know what service is) then thousands of employees would still be there to service tens of thousands lost customers.
    Go back to the drawing board and look at the original plan. Try looking at the Jackie Rainwater role-out that made SERVICE EXPERTS great.

Just like riding a roller coaster. Up and down.

Former Employee - Salesman  in  Wheeling, IL
    Former Employee - Salesman in Wheeling, IL

I worked at Service Experts full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The people who you will work with are typically great people (except management). You will get very close to each other, in some cases knowing as much about their families as they will of yours. Great moral support because of that.

Cons

No loyalty to long time employees or long time customers. They treat all customers one way: with dollar signs pinned to their forehead. Would rather just sell a new system no matter what the age of the equipment rather than do what is right for the customer. New management has no reality of how big of a mess this company is in, and refuses to tell the truth to the employees of how truly bad it is. Upper management believes that hiring new people who have no back round in HVAC is the way to do business, especially in management roles.

Get your heads out of the clouds, come back to reality and do what is right for the employees and your customers. They are the ones who help keep your jobs.

Ok company to work for but cut throat--

Current Employee - Service Tech
    Current Employee - Service Tech

I have been working at Service Experts full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Decent pay, commissions to sell indoor air quality products and furnaces and air conditioners, some room for advancement, they do a good job with raises when you do good work, benefits are competitive

Cons

Cut throat for employees and customers, to pushy about quotas when your a technician, not a salesmen, to much red tape, nothing is ever good enough, not a lot of free time with being on call and running maintenance calls until late, unethical sales tactics

Care about your employees more and it will show when the employees are dealing with the customers, making the company look good, just sayin

Good overall job

Current Employee - Wage Compliance  in  Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Wage Compliance in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Service Experts as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Nice people and very helpful.

Cons

Sometimes higher management doesn't own up to their own mistakes.

Ok place to work but full of micromanagers!

I worked at Service Experts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Comparable benefits
    Great for entry level accounting experience
    Great full cycle accounting experience

Cons

Pay not that great
    No such thing as confidentiality
    Very crammed deadline driven environment

Please learn to treat your employees like the educated, competent people they are and learn to let employees know ahead of time they are not meeting expectations.

A lot to be desired. Dead-end job!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Service Experts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible work schedule. Start 7/8/9am. Pay check weekly.

Cons

Feel like working with spies. Feel distrustful of coworkers.

Hire top talent pay them well and don't micro manage for heaven sake.

Sales

Former Employee - Salesman  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Salesman in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Service Experts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Company to work for.

Cons

To much micro managing. Need to let the branch managers have more say so.

Worked for Service Experts? Contribute to the Community!