Service Link

Updated November 6, 2014
Updated November 6, 2014
2.4

Jeff Coury

Good and bad, still B rated with an amateur culture

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Service Link full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I told myself since it was not an A rated company that I would go for it all without hesitation. So I did and gained 3 promotions in 3 years. That included negotiating high salary raises. Benefits in health, 401k and ESPP were great.

Cons

Not a progressive culture, training was nil. The average employee is underpaid and their cycle of layoffs is excruciating. But hey that's how many businesses survive. Unfortunately because Service Link runs on such a lean model, hire and fire is the fundamental strategy. Which also leaves them short on establishing a culture that has a lasting impact.

The LSI culture appears to have ruined many of your best people who were committed to the cause.

Miss this job everyday

Former Employee - Closing Coordinator in Leawood, KS
    Former Employee - Closing Coordinator in Leawood, KS

I worked at Service Link full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Had great teamwork I loved all my managers and coworkers.

Cons

Closed office without any notice basically pack your desk we are done. I was on the phone with a client when they had a meeting to tell us we were done drop your badge in the trash can. Very unprofessional!

A progressive company that continuously let it's employees go at will through it's many cycles and changes.

Former Employee - Accounting Clerk
    Former Employee - Accounting Clerk

I worked at Service Link full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This company has decent benefits. The culture is nice. The company has high ethical standards as expressed in their corporate values.

Cons

There are hardly, if any, performance reviews or raises. The company and the industry it belongs to is heavily regulated which may require certain procedures and annual activities that can be annoying but otherwise necessary.

Don't be greedy. Share the wealth and bonuses. Sharing is caring.

Consider it done!

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Moon Township, PA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Moon Township, PA

I have been working at Service Link full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice new offices, gym, game room onsite, very clean.

Cons

High turnover, market is very up or down. No job security

Don't know where to start

Horrible Place to work, due to bad comfort and technology

Former Employee - Conveyance Coordinator in Westminster, CO
    Former Employee - Conveyance Coordinator in Westminster, CO

I worked at Service Link full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great learning tool if you want to learn construction, see dirty houses, and how to pawn debris.

Cons

The Instructors are boring, and very slow in getting you up to speed with their company policies, what your job position is really like and why Your really there. They use chairs that are so uncomfortable, your butt falls asleep after 30 minutes of sitting on them. The floor is probably more comfortable, and the conference rooms where the training is done are small, smelly, no air, no ventilation, no air conditioning in the summer, or heat during the winter. You cant dress comfortable and have to put your jackets away once you enter the cubicles from hell. The business is slow, still working out the kinks, and will hire idiots to do the job. I would not recommend this company for employment to anybody, they treat their employees like crap, and provide cheezy employee appreciations, with food that no one wants to eat, or a bonus of $25 for the year. the pay is bad, for the job they want done, and their systems suck. They bring people in for maybe a couple of years, keep trainers, and layoff workers, because they are paid too much.

Don't lie to your hiring staff of what to tell temp agencies. Don't tell the Temp Agencies some people are not qualified, when they are fully qualified, yet you keep people that have never used a computer in their lives.

The Tin Man has no heart!

I have been working at Service Link

Pros

opportunity for bonus in salaried positions

Cons

massive layoffs bad training poor management

Former Project Manager No stars rating lower than one star.

Former Employee - Project Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Service Link full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are no real benefits that I can say. Maybe the free coffee.

Cons

Management is terrible absolutely no communication. I referred a friend and he applied for a job here too, got an offer that was emailed to him with no call from HR and then a few days later the offer was pulled for no reason at all again finding out through email.

Start behaving like a real company.

Terrible place to work.

Current Employee - Title Coordinator in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Title Coordinator in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Service Link full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Training was good but Management lacked knowledge of departmental functions. It was like the blind leading the blind. There were also unfair management practices and a violent work environment.

Cons

poor pay and poor treatment of employees

They hyped up the IT opportunity and then laid me off

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coraopolis, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coraopolis, PA

I worked at Service Link as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

- The casual work environment is actually pretty cool. First time I ever went to work in my weekend clothes.

- Internet use is pretty liberal. You can throw on Pandora or some other program to listen to music while you work

- Worked in IT, and they had a lot of good opportunities to learn new technologies and pick up responsibilities

Cons

- You were either underworked or completely overworked with no in between.

- Very isolated from co-workers. Everyone had their own project, so you didn't interact with people unless your project manager held meetings.

- They have a ridiculously high turnover. This is because management quite literally "rounds up" tens of people in their department and then mass-announces a lay off. This can accumulate to hundreds of layoffs in a single month.

- I only found out afterwards they did this every quarter. I was brought in as a contract-to-hire but barely made it 3 months in before me and twenty other contractors were booted.

- Expect your coworkers to have all worked there under a year.

Stop running a predatory company please.

I enjoy most days

I have been working at Service Link full-time

Pros

I enjoy the work I do daily, casual work environment, opportunity for growth, team work environment, fun and games with the staff from time to time

Cons

The job requires overtime and weekend hours, work-life balance is hard to achieve, a focus on numbers frustrates employees, employees feel discouraged by the long hours