ServiceLink Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
1.6
Chris Azur

Pros
  • Casual dress code and free parking (in 10 reviews)

• Pretty laid-back, easy dress code, great little kitchen, job wasn't back, and chances to earn more with overtime (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Constantly changing expectations from upper management (in 11 reviews)

• Poor retention rate, frequent mandatory overtime (in 7 reviews)

Formerly good company going downhill fast

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coraopolis, PA

I worked at ServiceLink full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

good benefits, competitive salary (for now), comfortable facilities

Cons

recent merger with their main competitor has created a lot of turmoil, and had a majorly negative impact on the work environment.

Advice to Management

Step in NOW and get things back to the "ServiceLink" way, following the precepts, before it's too late. The recent acquisition may have brought in additional clients and revenue, but it has also pushed out a lot of quality employees, and is turning a great service-minded company into a cold, mediocre assembly line.

2. They hyped up the IT opportunity and then laid me off

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Coraopolis, PA
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Coraopolis, PA

I worked at ServiceLink as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

- The casual work environment is actually pretty cool. First time I ever went to work in my weekend clothes. - Internet use is pretty liberal. You can throw on Pandora or some other program to listen to music while you work - Worked in IT, and they had a lot of good opportunities to learn new technologies and pick up responsibilities

Cons

- You were either underworked or completely overworked with no in between. - Very isolated from co-workers. Everyone had their own project, so you didn't interact with people unless your project manager held meetings. - They have a ridiculously high turnover. This is because management quite literally "rounds up" tens of people in their department and then mass-announces a lay off. This can accumulate to hundreds of layoffs in a single month. - I only found out afterwards they did this every quarter. I was brought in as a contract-to-hire but barely made it 3 months in before me and twenty other contractors were booted. - Expect your coworkers to have all worked there under a year.

Advice to Management

Stop running a predatory company please.

3. Revolving Door

Former Employee - Database Developer in Coraopolis, PA
    Former Employee - Database Developer in Coraopolis, PA

I worked at ServiceLink full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you don't like your manager stick around (s)he'll been gone in three months. Seriously the revolving door is spinning faster than ever. Whom ever hires you almost certainly won't be there to do your one year review.

Cons

Career path is non-existent. If you are technical and talented and willing to learn anything they decide they need you to do on your own you'll survive. No training dollars at all. They hire consultants or just fire and rehire to get new skill sets. You'll automate processes until you've worked yourself out of a job.

Advice to Management

Does it matter? You won't be there in three months.

HIRE AND FIRE!

Former Employee - Client Services Representative in Coraopolis, PA
    Former Employee - Client Services Representative in Coraopolis, PA

I worked at ServiceLink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

NONE NIL NADA NOT THING

Cons

They hire mass amount of employees, and then within 90days, they fire you!

Advice to Management

GIVE CONSTRUCTIVE CRISTICISM so your employees can improve instead of false hope of a promotion!

Worst place I have ever worked

Former Contractor - Contractor in Coraopolis, PA
    Former Contractor - Contractor in Coraopolis, PA

I worked at ServiceLink as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Nice office space. Friendly environment between co-workers (not managers and directors). Good benefits. Very nice employees (excluding managers, directors and VPs).

Cons

Very arrogant management. Frequently curse yell at the junior employees. Promotions are 100% political. Treat junior employees as slaves. I have seen a director standing by his car and his subordinate cleaning snow from the director's car. No need to explain further.

Advice to Management

Replace most of the arrogant directors and hire some nice people at the higher management posts.

7. It is the most stressful, unprofessional work environment I have ever experienced

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coraopolis, PA

I worked at ServiceLink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Have a high turnover, so positions are always available

Cons

Service Link expects their employees to work 10 hour days, eat lunch at your desk and work weekends. Their employees are constantly talking about quitting and complain constantly

Advice to Management

Take notice of the high turnover, constantly having to hire new employees is not cost effective.

8. Service Link is a Joke

Current Employee - Doc Audit in Coraopolis, PA
    Current Employee - Doc Audit in Coraopolis, PA

I have been working at ServiceLink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can wear what you want to work and all the free coffee you can drink.

Cons

Hired for one dept and then on day of orientation was told that I was going to another dept for $2.00 less than I was hired for. Was suppose to start at 12 an hour but ending up in the doc audit dept for 10. I should be fortunate as the girl who sits next to me been there almost a year and is getting paid 9 an hour. Was shown one time how to sort papers and was given 5 packages to do. I was told my hours would be 9 to 5:30 also but was told that if work wasn't done you have to stay till everyone in the dept was finished with their work. First day I was there from 8:15 to 9:30 pm. Second day, was more or less the same thing, sorting packages all day 5 at a time and had to go to each person and ask them for packages. There are many Banks that they do and each has their own way of putting their packages together but there is no training on the job, other than them giving you stacks to sort and being told they aren't in the right order. Some tells you to write one number on stickers that you place on the packages others tell you that you place another number on there. Team Lead is no help either, he sits at his desk and plays on the computer all day. First week I did get to work 36 hours of overtime and was told on Friday at 9 pm that I have to work on Saturday on rejects.. Second week is their crunch week and I put in another 30 hours of overtime and still haven't had proper training. I was shown once how to check in packages but since I don't have a computer I have to wait till someone goes on break to use their computer. I sat in 10 different seats trying to get this work checked in and is impossible to do without your own computer. I was told it would take at least 6 weeks to get a computer and to set up phone. Also your told you have to take a lunch break and sign out for it but your expected to work your lunch. One of the perks of the job is all the free coffee you can drink since your working 14-15 hour days and not allowed to leave after your 8 hours. Been there 3 weeks now and all I have done is worked overtime and no proper training. Only talked to my team lead once on the day he brought me to the dept, not sure what his job description is as he sits and does nothing all day. I watched 3 people get laid off in the 3 weeks that I have been there as it was close to day 90 and they don't want to hire. 2 of the people that started with me have quit because it is mandatory overtime that you have to do every day with no formal training. I am looking for a new job as this isn't what I expected when I was hired on with ServiceLink, I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone as they don't believe you should have a life.

Advice to Management

You need to train employees to do the job that you expect them to do. To many people tell you what your doing wrong but no one to show you exactly what to do. Ask people if they want to work overtime and don't demand it of them. People have lives outside of work

Company has forced the business to use a system (Vision) that's not fit for the business needs = IT Chaos!

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Coraopolis, PA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Coraopolis, PA

I have been working at ServiceLink

Pros

Casual dress (shorts, jeans almost every day), flexible work schedule, good pay/benefits, some good people to hang out with.Game room/gym available on site.

Cons

IT and supporting business application (Vision) in constant chaos. IT is a revolving door. Half of IT is Indian/Pakistani. Very little opportunity to improve IT tech skills, either work with the chaotic Java-based Vision application or work with VB6 or .Net 1.1 applications that they've tried to sunset for years. Work with the messy code offshore IT resources created. Business folks not educated. What is constant there is changing requirements. Requirements often change drastically during development or at the end of development cycle, and may change back to original requirements once you start working with the new requirements. Parking is terrible. Get in before 8:45am or you may need to take a bus in from where you parked. Management told IT employees that your job is not an 8-5 job.

Advice to Management

IT execs-get in the game! You are for the most part invisible, and the funjctioning of the IT department is not getting better. What are you being paid to do? Talk to your people and show you care, and are trying to improve the department and address the issues resulting in the revolving door. Make the job a 9-5, people have better things to do off-hours. Hire a professional firm to address and provide recommmendations to fix the problems if you cannot do it yourself.

Not my worst job but close

Current Employee - Senior Developer in Coraopolis, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Developer in Coraopolis, PA

I have been working at ServiceLink

Pros

Its a fairly stable job. There is minimal risk of getting fired as long as you do a decent job. The pay is pretty good and the benefits are OK. Most of the employees are easy to work worth.

Cons

Horrible management decisions and leadership. The leaders are either know it all bullies or terrified to make a decision and would rather hang somebody they make do it for them. They are determined to follow through on a system that doesn't work because of egos. In a tough market, everyone is leaving at first chance and it is very difficult to get replacements. Management is oblivious to all of this. Half the company is from India and Pakistan making communication difficult and creates some cultural issues.

Advice to Management

I have told all this to management already and there has been minimal if any effort to improve the situation. All I can say is you reap what you sow and with the path they are falling, I would be very concerned with the future stability of the company.

It has been a very bumpy ride.

Current Employee - Database Developer in Coraopolis, PA
    Current Employee - Database Developer in Coraopolis, PA

I have been working at ServiceLink

Pros

Flexible hours, nice facilities and location. Good vacation and sick leave policy. Casual dress except when customers are visiting.

Cons

Yearly bonus has been eliminated. 401K bonus was eliminated and then brought back at half of the original benefit. Terrible parking situation requiring a 1/4 mile walk. Smokers block entrance and area is strewn with cigarette butts. Very high employee and management turnover.

Advice to Management

Take sincere steps towards convincing corporate management that steps need to be taken to retain existing staff.

RSS Feed </> Embed