ServiceLink
servicelinkfnf.com Pittsburgh, PA 1000 to 5000 Employees

ServiceLink Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014

Chris Azur

Pros:
  • "good amount of vacation time, flex scheduling allowed during summer, casual dress"
    in 10 reviews
  • "Pretty laid-back, easy dress code, great little kitchen, job wasn't back, and chances to earn more with overtime"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "Too Many Chiefs / low pay rate for stress level and hours you are expected to work - mandatory overtime required"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Constantly changing expectations from upper management"
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Declining Market

I have been working at ServiceLink full-time for more than a year

ProsWhen business is good, opportunity for advancement.

ConsEmployee moral was very low, lay-offs were more than prevalent.

Poorly Run Company

Title (Former Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at ServiceLink full-time for less than a year

Prosnumerous great people working at ServiceLink. many people I will keep in touch with after we have all moved on.

ConsPoorly run~bad management and lack of accountability. no regard for talent and process improvement..major issues with compliance.

Formerly good company going downhill fast

Coraopolis, PA

I worked at ServiceLink full-time for more than 5 years

Prosgood benefits, competitive salary (for now), comfortable facilities

Consrecent merger with their main competitor has created a lot of turmoil, and had a majorly negative impact on the work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementStep in NOW and get things back to the "ServiceLink" way, following the precepts, before it's too late. The recent acquisition may have brought in additional clients and revenue, but it has also pushed out a lot of quality employees, and is turning a great service-minded company into a cold, mediocre assembly line.

A casual working environment and an internship program that they care a lot about

Intern (Former Employee)
Moon Township, PA

I worked at ServiceLink as an intern for less than a year

Pros- The HR staff is great- really nice and helpful throughout the internship. They work really hard to make sure the internship program is a success
- Casual clothing
- Great opportunities to meet with Senior Management and learn about how they got to be where they are today
- Fun social events to bond with fellow interns and regular employees outside of the workplace

Cons- The work could be boring and redundant at times, but that's probably the case with a lot of internships.

Good Experience

I worked at ServiceLink

ProsRoom to move up and decent compensation.

ConsPoor work-life balance and plethora of dissatisfied staff

Whether you enjoy working here depends on your dept and supervisor

QARR (Former Employee)
Aliquippa, PA

I worked at ServiceLink full-time for more than a year

ProsGood training, at least when I came on board
Average pay, plus overtime when allowed
Great co-workers, and for me, a great boss
Casual dress most days
Vacation/sick time/holidays
Fun event days and programs throughout the year
Less pressure than other depts

ConsVery us vs. them culture with other depts
Constantly changing expectations from upper management
Mass hirings and layoffs. Every few weeks, people would be in tears because more of their friends got laid off. My team went from 14 people to 3 within a few months, and every time someone new was added to help manage the workload, they would be laid off within a month or two. It made work very stressful, never knowing when the ax would fall.
In the end, my half of the dept was down to 9 people and then they laid off 5 of us. Very sexist move, too, as 4 of the 5 people being laid off were women, while the 4 who got to keep their jobs were men. I think that layoff was due to the new management from the other company, as my management had just given me a decent annual raise the week before.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet ready for lawsuits because no one has time to double-check work anymore and your clients are going to start to notice. You laid off most of your good employees, so when business picks up, who will train them?

You're Better then this Place, No Reason to Punish Yourself!

Solon, OH

I have been working at ServiceLink full-time for more than a year

ProsGood pay, with a lot exposure to a variety of projects. A place where you can further develop your skills, but have no real impact (sadly). Benefits are average, but have been getting worse every few months (no more 401k match, less holidays, no more pay increases). A decent crowd of employees for such a horrible work environment.

ConsSericeLink's senior leadership is joke. Ruthless sweatshop drivers with absolute no shred of care for their employees. Lack of communication is one of the largest culprits here - no one ever knows what's going on (most of the time middle mgmt knows more just due to the relationship with the clients). Working on any project is nightmare - too many people across all the departments are added and version control is lost after the first meeting. Middle management is the biggest group of inhibitors I have ever worked with in my entire career! They go out of their way to purposefully block any life of progress that might potential happen here. Be prepared to waste countless hours for nothing! This is a dysfunctional group, you have been warned!

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you don't think there's a problem, you are the problem! Why run organization like this? It's not healthy and won't last much longer.....set up a structure, expand transparency, bring in some real technology, COMMUNICATE - it's not hard to send a simple memo that could just be bs (the morale would instantly go up!). Don't be afraid of your junior- / mid-level managers! They need direction and put in their place. Put a little more effort into your employees and you might actually have 2 Full Stars! ;)

Decent atmosphere; but low pay, and lack of fairness and lack of job security

Solon, OH

I worked at ServiceLink full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThey have a fun committee and have annual events as well as sporadic contests, drawings, etc, to make the atmosphere fun. Most of the people are nice. My department was fairly laid back. Quite a bit of freedom and no micro-managing. (In my department). Decent amount of vacation/sick time. Decent benefits. Casual dress.

ConsIMPORTANT!!! READ BEFORE ACCEPTING A JOB OFFER: ***This company notoriously hires people and then rescinds the job offer RIGHT before you are about to start, so beware before you put notice in to a current job.*** I had referred two friends to this company. They were both hired, given an offer, a start-date, and were sent various emails notifying them about our policies and what to expect the first day, and etc. Both of my friends therefore put in a two-week notice to their current employer, only to be notified the FRIDAY before the Monday they were due to start with a rescinding of the job offer due to a sudden hiring freeze that was implemented. This left them with NO JOB WHATSOEVER, since they had already quit their current/previous jobs. In conversation with one of my coworkers, this same thing happened AGAIN to one of their friends at a much later date. *******I would only take a job at this company if you are currently unemployed. I would not put in a 2 week notice to take a position here.********
Layoffs, pay freezes, hiring freezes, (including inter-departmental hiring, so no upward movement). No consistency regarding pay (and therefore lack of fairness). Your pay is strictly based on what you tell them you currently make/made at the job you are looking to leave. I was honest about my at-the-time pay when I applied here and I got the lowest amount possible within the pay range of that department. People started after me who told them they made $3-$4/hr more than I did at their current jobs and they were offered almost $5/hr higher than I did with the same experience and to do the exact same type of work. (This type of position doesn't really have translatable experience that you can bring). (So this could be considered a pro. Just make sure you negotiate upon hire.) Especially since they have been on a pay freeze for almost three years, and there is no approximate end date.
Also, they have layoffs all of the time. There are constantly rumors swirling about the job closing. By the time I had left this company, almost every single one of my coworkers were scrambling to find new jobs elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should take greater value in their employees' thoughts and viewpoints. The processors are the ones doing the work so they are the ones who see things firsthand and really notice the day-to-day issues and problems that cause bigger issues that cause loss of clients and, in turn, layoffs and closings. While there IS an open-door policy as far as providing feedback to management, I feel that, at times, while there may have been note made of the issue that was pointed out, it is not properly addressed or it might not be given the attention it should have received and the snowball keeps growing. Maybe a "suggestion box" should be implemented where employees can provide feedback on any type of concern from technical to issues regarding work processes, etc. in which each item is at least looked at by higher ups. A way to anonymously provide input would be helpful too.
I think there should be consistency among the company as well. Some departments have very strict '3 strike' policies regarding tardies, mistakes/errors, etc. Other departments are extremely laid back, allowing people to take advantage and arrive to work whenever they want with no consequence. Each department is like a totally separate entity.
I also think that management should be more closely managed by higher-ups.

Unrealistic Expectations

Closing Coordinator (Former Employee)
Moon Township, PA

I worked at ServiceLink full-time for more than 3 years

ProsYou can earn a decent pay, and the company is pretty generous with vacation time. Plenty of opportunity for over-time.

ConsExtremely poor communication between departments makes hitting monthly goals very difficult. Doing your job becomes frustrating because you feel you have little cooperation.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on stream-lining processes to save time and promote better relationships between departments. You expect efficiency from your employees, but the required procedures are very cumbersome and time consuming.

ServiceLink Review

Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at ServiceLink full-time for more than 10 years

ProsOk company to work for

ConsIf you are laid off, no severance package!

Advice to Senior ManagementCapitalize more on people

Worked for ServiceLink? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ServiceLink reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ServiceLink CEO Chris Azur . All 80 reviews posted anonymously by ServiceLink employees.