ServiceLink Reviews

Updated April 19, 2015
141 reviews filtered by
2.0
Chris Azur

Pros
  • Casual dress code and free parking (in 10 reviews)

• Pretty laid-back, easy dress code, great little kitchen, job wasn't back, and chances to earn more with overtime (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Constantly changing expectations from upper management (in 11 reviews)

• No raises, excessive mandatory overtime and zero career path (in 7 reviews)

1. Accounting Receivable/Payable

Former Employee - Accounting Receivable/Payable in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Accounting Receivable/Payable in Irvine, CA

I worked at ServiceLink full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Account Receivable upload . Review and make adjustment in order to balance, check figures, correcting General Ledger, invoice numbers.
    Account Payable processed and maintain . Review all invoices, matching invoices to checks

Cons

Make notes, stress attention to detail, accuracy and correct procedure

REO Closing Coordinator

I worked at ServiceLink

Pros

Fairly laid back environment. Casual dress was a nice perk.

Cons

I was actually yelled at for talking to one of my fellow employees even though it didn't cause an issues with my productivity. Could definitely make more of an effort on employee relations.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and try and make the work environment more welcoming.

Reality different from offers .

Current Employee - Asset Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Asset Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at ServiceLink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Solid company long time in the business.

Cons

The company does not keep their word when offered bonuses and rewards after you achieved the individuals and team goals. Management lies to keep employees until they secure the business for other company location and announce they will close our doors.

Advice to Management

When you do not keep your word but you get what you need from your team , next time when you offer rewards to the people that you depend on to get your own numbers, they will be less and less willing to give you all . They will not trust you as their manager anymore .

5. Right Direction

Current Employee - Operations in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Operations in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at ServiceLink

Pros

ServiceLink has some work to do, but they are definitely headed in the right direction.

Cons

Work-Life Balance, Opportunity for promotion is possible but difficult. Definitely operates on a "Class system" based on Job Title.

Advice to Management

Keep employees in mind. Remember that people are taking a risk by trusting that you will come through with your future goals.

6. Poor Processes and Organization. Good as a Starter Job

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at ServiceLink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

LoanCare has a small company feel, and the people are friendly, and the training was great.
    Good place for someone first entering the business world. It can help develop skill for those needing experience on their resume.

Cons

Lack of processes in place. The indecisiveness of a employees job function as directed (or lack of) by management, missing processes and department contacts to resolve simple problems, and blind spots of daily operations because a lack of reporting. This all creates at times a adversarial work environment between departments and with clients because of the lack of accountability this affords groups and employees at LoanCare.

Advice to Management

Some of the management needs to work at treating employees with respect, the "tough guy" approach is not motivating. They need to embrace technology, and create processes for even basic functions.

Management

I have been working at ServiceLink

Pros

I have some of the most talented staff in the industry, they are the ones who make it all happen

Cons

Unfortunately I have to echo most of what is written here on Glass Door. The latest maneuver was to announce that the annual reviews and raises for exempt employees would be delayed slightly from the normal December review time that historically had a January 1 effective date. HR said they were "revising the forms" In March HR instructed that the same forms with no changes were to be used, but now raises would be effective the end of March with no retroactive pay, resulting in all exempt employees (hundreds and hundreds of people affected) in losing 3 months of their raise amount. This is SO typical of executive leadership, they only care about the month to month profit margins. If we are to miss our margin even slightly we are instructed to fire people immediately. No long term strategy other than monthly margins. Terrible place to work, there are much better options out there - take them.

Advice to Management

Chris Azur, haven't seen your face for years. How about caring about the staff that actually earns the profits for you and FNF?

8. Great people make all the difference.

Former Employee - California in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - California in Irvine, CA

I worked at ServiceLink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The leadership is strong at ServiceLink, forward thinking, fair, and willing to take calculated risks. Most people I've worked with has been positive, friendly, and genuinely committed to achievement. Office politics are pretty minimal.

Cons

Could give more consideration to the daily work environment. Office space is average, but office cubicles and chairs are pretty shoddy.

Advice to Management

Modest investments in office environment is in order. More transparency on business strategy and challenges would enable the team to better align its work to the big-picture goals.

Supervisor

I worked at ServiceLink full-time

Pros

If you're in the management "in crowd", your opportunities are limitless.

Cons

The company was bought out, and everything has gone downhill. Clients are unhappy, employees are unhappy. Promises are made, and delivery comes short. Everything is political. And most of the management won't promote from within, out of fear that they will be out-shined.

Advice to Management

Get a life. Seriously. I was in management, and my employees were happy, because I valued them and respected them. I passed power to them. I wasn't afraid to challenge and be challenged. Treat them as adults.

Horrible company!!!

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at ServiceLink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no pros for this company.

Cons

They will do massive hiring then lay you off. Operations team in Pittsburgh are ran by incompetent managers. Be ready to try to keep up with their politics...but by the time you figure out all your enemies, your out the door without a severence package unless your in the circle.

Advice to Management

Put people who actually has the working experience in management positions, not just people who come from retail department stores.

11. It pays the bills

Former Employee - Staff Appraiser in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Staff Appraiser in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at ServiceLink full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Steady Pay, Snacks, Big Parking Lot

Cons

What you would expect from a company in a hyper-competitive information business.

Advice to Management

I think they know the deal already

ServiceLink Photos