ServiceMaster

ServiceMaster Reviews

Updated Jul 4, 2014

ServiceMaster CEO Robert Gillette

Robert Gillette

Pros:
  • "Work life balance is important and the company strives to ensure all employees find balance"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Good people; good work/life balance; good compensation for Memphis"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "Corporate is not well organized and the changing of very senior management doesn't help with stability"
    in 5 reviews
  • "long hours / on call hours were required for disaster recovery work)"
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great company with great people

ProsJust got back from a company wide HR conference where we spent 2 days learning about the company, expanding our skills and having fun with co-workers. this is just the sort of activity that builds strong teams and is the hallmark of a well balanced organization.

ConsCorporate HQ is in Memphis

Great place to work

Telesales Associate (Current Employee)
    Memphis, TN

ProsGood people and great company

ConsHours and pay but thats the nature of telemarketing

Great employer

ProsGood Company, well balanced strong direction

Consnone that I can think of.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company - great values

Warehouse Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGreat company to be apart of. I can't speak for what things are like at the corporate offices but as far as the franchise I worked at I loved it. The people are awesome and so is the culture. Although this is obviously going to vary from franchise to franchise.

ConsNot a whole lot. I loved the franchise I was at and I can't really say anything bad. If you work at a franchise that does disaster restoration (which many of them do) the only downside is being on call at different times of the week. So if you don't mind that, you will be fine.

Neutral

Branch Manager (Current Employee)
    Wilmington, NC

ProsThey have good benefits for employees

ConsLack of oppurtunity to move up

Advice to Senior Managementna

Chemical Exposure Mixes Poorly with Family Business Vibe

Summer Laborer (Former Employee)
    Hendersonville, TN

ProsThe on-the-job training was great - what I didn't know already I was taught in a matter of days. The management was really on the ball despite being understaffed and the team I worked with was welcoming and very helpful. Risks related to the job were disclosed and the necessary protective gear was provided.

ConsA lot of the chemicals we worked with were potentially hazardous to one's health, but the culture at my location was not in favor of risk or exposure reduction. Social pressure is an amazingly strong force, and encouragement from other members of the team to wear dust masks and the like would have been helpful.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage workers to value their health and do the same for their co-workers.

Intern

Intern (Former Employee)
    Memphis, TN

Prosvery friendly
    big company, but small company feel
    very supportive

ConsNot as much work as I would have liked.

Advice to Senior Managementcut down on the meetings

ServiceMaster Solutions of Portland, OR

Account Manager (Former Employee)
    Portland, OR

ProsWhile Pete Vranizan was leading the company had unity and direction. There was plenty to work on, but at least we had capable people that cared. There was a family environment and a sense of teamwork.

ConsThe con was the ownership, the team never did gel or make a lot of traction because ownership constantly was overriding management and the leadership in place. It was disjointed and frustrating. When Pete was finally fired, the company really became a miserable place to work. With a new focus on numbers, and new disposable employees, any sense of care and ownership went out the window.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employees ARE your business, treat them well and they will perform for you. They are your best asset, not a disposable one that can be turned in for a cheaper newer model. You can store all the knowledge you want in your systems (As well you should) but with out the experiance and right attitude to apply it, it is useless. And your customers really do care about a stable team. As you can well see as you lose clientele.

Water, Fire, Mold Mitigation

Water and Fire Damage Restoration Technician (Current Employee)
    Woodbridge, VA

ProsNA - I'm still waiting to see if the Owner can get his head out of his ass and realize what needs to be done.

ConsCompany is 24/7. Working all the time. Crappy pay for too much hard work.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease Pay!, lower hours!, Hire more employees!

Not a typical work enviorment with a headache

Tech (Current Employee)
    Hartford, CT

ProsEveryone is like Family here, Even Management stands by you when something may go wrong.
    The work is demanding but what job isn't? At the same token it is what you make it. Over come a challenge and things are fine. Be positive and you will recieve positive results. Look for bad, I'm sure one can find that as well.

ConsMore equipment...Would be nice to have better open windows when completing one job and arriving at the next. Not everything can go as planned. but at the same time we wanna make the people happy.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen yourselves to new advice and new ideas.. Someone who is making less may have a better way at times than the one who is making more. Having more beneficial equipment for oursleves on job tasks.

Worked for ServiceMaster? Contribute to the Community!

ServiceMaster Videos

ServiceMaster – Why Work for Us?

When you join ServiceMaster®, you’re opening the door to a career even bigger than our five individual companies – which is saying a lot, considering we’re #1 from Terminix to Merry Maids®. Headquartered in Memphis… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ServiceMaster reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ServiceMaster CEO Robert Gillette. All 86 reviews posted anonymously by ServiceMaster employees.