ServiceMaster

ServiceMaster Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

ServiceMaster CEO Robert Gillette

Robert Gillette

Pros
  • Work life balance is important and the company strives to ensure all employees find balance (in 4 reviews)

• Support/ Admin staff & Technicians are good people (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Corporate is not well organized and the changing of very senior management doesn't help with stability (in 6 reviews)

• long hours / on call hours were required for disaster recovery work) (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Just a job... not a career!

Restoration Technician (Current Employee)

ProsFollow technicians become friends despite all the hardship.

ConsPoor Compensation
    Long hours
    Can be long days of constant hard work with no rest.
    On call ...24/7..
    Arbitrary work rules that change on a whim.
    Expected to drop every thing important at a moment's notice
    Company's Values does not translate to franchisees.
    Ethics are non existent.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to Service Master upper management please check your franchisees. They are destroying your brand by participating in activities that make a mockery of your Mission Statement.

Full time janitorial day porter

Day Porter (Current Employee) Pitcairn, PA

ProsFull time with benefits, "paid vacation", paid holidays. Worked at same location daily with set daylight hours. I worked here for over 2 years and the job itself was fairly good, but the management was severely lacking. I think I only had as good of an experience as I did because my interaction with management and the actual company was very limited.

ConsManagement doesn't do anything, "paid vacation" that they approve then don't pay you bc the have no recollection of it being approved, senior management writes employees up for requesting off even after it's been approved (they wrote someone up for taking bereavement). No accountability for workers, so if you're a hard worker, you will probably end up doing all the work while the rest slack off. Management doesn't care and is unqualified.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave accountability for employees and require them to do their job. If you offer benefits and paid vacation, follow through with it and don't try to screw over the employee to save a few dollars. Employ management with actual leadership skills.

Credible leader in waterdamage and fire restoration

Service Tech (Current Employee) Montgomery, AL

ProsGood working inviormentand community service .

ConsPartime only,no vacaction or benifets.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more honest with your employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Summer 2013 Intern

Summer (Former Employee) Memphis, TN

Pros- Small company feel, people are friendly
    - Is a market leader in many of it's services
    - Internship program is well run, good networking opportunities in the Memphis area

Cons- Location, Memphis not the best place to begin building a career

Advice to Senior Management- Organize program better so interns aren't sitting around with no work as often

Great company

ProsThe support system is great, as well as the training. I don't work for corporate but I love the franchise!

ConsDon't have any negative thoughts about the company.

Recruiter

Recruiter (Current Employee) Glendale, AZ

ProsNice work environment, managers are easy to work for.

ConsOverlooked as a contractor in many instances.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not overlook your contractor's that are very instrumental in driving the success of the talent acquisition department.

Fun place to work with a lot of challenges and changes.

Customer Care Agent/Contract Processor (Former Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsFriendly people. Very diverse. Great community involvement. Fun atmosphere. Busy work with new projects and product development.

ConsFavoritism is present in promoting, The system used to increase pay is horrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp your employees develop to be promoted within the company.

Good company to work for.

Administrative (Current Employee) Haledon, NJ

ProsGreat company to work for. Providing quality workmanship to the customer is their first priority.

ConsThe pay could be better.

Continual Leadership Change

Corporate (Current Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsLeadership turnover is so high no one knows what you do so there is no accountability

ConsThe leadership changes so often that the company never makes it past 2nd base

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some people that plan to stick around

ServiceMaster of Charleston

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Charleston, SC

ProsNone other than a paycheck.

ConsVery very poor leadership. Micro management taken to a whole new level. High turn over. 17 people have left in the past 12 months. Their is no balance you get 5 vacation days after 1year and 10 after 3years. If you are sick or have a family emergency or simply have go to the doctor they dock your pay. They constantly mess with folks pay checks. This is without a doubt the worst place I have ever worked. The owners are unethical, greedy and treat their employees like livestock. They need to go back and read the mission statement for Servicemaster. It says honor God not Money in all we do!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's okay to make money but how about do it ethically and not screw your employees in the process. Also, try to be honest when you hire folks and lot lie to them. Quit being so petty. Folks are working 50 to 60 hours a week and you get bent out of shape if someone comes in at 7:35. Wake up!!! High turn over is a key indicator to poor management.

Worked for ServiceMaster? Contribute to the Community!