ServiceMax Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
David Yarnold

1. Thumbs Up!

I have been working at ServiceMax full-time

Pros

-- Passionate about the customer and the cause -- Strong and inspiring leadership team -- An amazing industry to be a part of -- Smart, fun and collaborative group of people to work with day after day

Cons

-- Office is getting a little crowded -- Opportunity for better connectedness to remote employees outside of the office

Advice to Management

As with any organization growing rapidly, there are bumps in the road, and lessons to be learned, keep reminding yourself of who you are, where are are headed and the impact everyone is having. A great company with an amazing opportunity.

2. Sales

Former Employee - Sales in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at ServiceMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Solid product, great company culture, nice suburban location for people living in East Bay.

Cons

Sales leadership (not all, but some), quality of people slowly deteriorating as the company grows, lacking some key strategic partnerships.

Advice to Management

Don't move away from your own advice: we only hire them if we love them.

3. Anonymous

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Danville, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Danville, CA

I have been working at ServiceMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people and a good product. Love working here, everyone is a team player, very collaborative and helpful. CEO is very humble and adopts an open approach.

Cons

The company is growing rapidly, a lot of importance is given to hiring new people, but internal communication to the existing employees needs improvement. Promotion to higher grades for existing employees is rarely seen.

Advice to Management

None

Management Level

Current Employee - Management in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Management in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at ServiceMax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Avoiding the typical 'wolf of wallstreet' mentality that is present at many start up org's... Leadership on down to the newest hire are all keenly focused on a fantastic well-thought-out culture, having plans in place (ever-evolving) to ensure this remains one of the fundamental reasons ServiceMax will stay in the Greatness & Rocket-ship-performance category. Best in class people & platform with a vast addressable market! Forward thinking ideals and aiming to be ahead of the game in terms of process alleviates much of the growing pains experienced by other late-stage start-up companies. Common goals within all lines of business and collaborating with respect among all ranks will continue to ensure movement up the performance curve and through to market domination.

Cons

None to be found as of yet. Continued efforts are in play toward onboarding allowing rapid time to productivity for new hires.

Advice to Management

Continue sharing vision and roadmap(s) with all employees, keep every door open, giving everyone a voice and valuing the input/questions of the individual as well as capitalizing on knowledge sets from those new to the organization. Recognition for ideas that take shape for the company.

Jun 12, 2015 – Talent Manager

Thank you for the feedback. Please keep it coming and ask your colleagues to provide their feedback as well.

6. A great place to do what needs to be done

I have been working at ServiceMax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* Empowerpent - I am empowered to make decisions about my work and act on them. * Collaboratiion - Although I work remotely I feel connected to my team and the organization. In my role I get to experience people in the organization from many different departments and all have been a pleasure to work with. * Vision - ServiceMax has a fantastic vision to the THE Field Service Software provider. It's a tall order and not an easy road to go down. But with the team in place and the leadership we have, I fully support the vision. * Excellent Benefits - I fee that ServiceMax provides a high level benefits package. Flexible time off, healthcare, etc... Much better than my previous companies.

Cons

None that I can think of at this time

Advice to Management

Communicate more via video with the organization. Especially since such a large portion is remote.

Jun 12, 2015 – Talent Manager

Rapid rise, but future is cloudy

I worked at ServiceMax full-time

Pros

Product offering sharp, compelling and attractive; 100% native Field Service add-on to popular Salesforce platform. Good CEO leadership persona. Benefit package/compensation is competitive. Energetic, positive work atmosphere. Strong product acceptance in Europe. Founding technologists still passionately active in further product development. Field Service target market is expansive and largely untapped. Wildly creative Marketing team.

Cons

Vulnerable to Salesforces ongoing development of their own Service Cloud Platform; this could quickly make all Servicemax solutions redundant/obsolete. Field Service competitors beginning to offer own products on Salesforce platform. Single customer responsible for over half of all software subscription revenues. Complex license/subscription pricing structure. Weak PS/Implementation org; constantly challenged to configure base product to meet customer need. Amazingly outdated company telephone system, corporate office Wi-Fi goes down often. Exceptionally weak new hire training program, ironic considering current growth cycle. No formal review/feedback process which slows internal communication and promotion process.

Advice to Management

Failure to yet build/roll out repeatable internal processes that could *smoothly* scale company into all forecasted growth has been a critical miss. Too many within key VP/Mid-management positions are sub-par and (ironically) arrogant. Private club of stock option elitists counting down to IPO day. Hard working rank & file deserve more management communication and better engineered work environment. From outside now looking back in, too much operational dysfunction riding the back of a very slick, in-demand product/platform offering.

May 6, 2015 – Talent Manager

Thank you for your feedback regarding Onoboarding and Performance Feedback. A formal onboarding process has been implemented as of December 2014 We also just completed a formal review/feedback cycle ... More

Not a good experience...

I worked at ServiceMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

nice location with parking. You can work from home if you dont live by the HQ office.

Cons

Management is unorganized. Management treats people differently based on sex/ethnicity and how long they've been there. No training program ( management doesn't understand the product well enough to train their employees) They make changes on the fly then they get upset and blame the employee for not knowing the change was made. SDR management is the worst they don't have a clue on what is considered an opportunity and are hurting potential sales for the company. Management is never there on Fridays, however they expect you to work so if you need to get a hold of them you won't be able to.

Advice to Management

Get new SDR management or better management in general. Upper management should get more involved with how to be more productive and better for the employees.

Not good

Pros

Nice people, decent smattering of bright folks.

Cons

Poor sales leadership and product development

Advice to Management

Hire less from former success factors crew

Great Suburban StartUp

I have been working at ServiceMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great freedom, many employees are remote, work from home is fine. Benefits are good. Product is first is class and in a very large addressable market. Top level management knows what they are doing and the organization is very well thought out. Low stress, lots of opportunity to make an impact, lots of support from management, peers and other teams, pay is very competitive.

Cons

Not many. This a very comfortable workplace. The only con, which may be a pro for some, is that it doesn't feel like a startup, the average age is much older, and along with it more of a baby boomer work culture with it. This mostly effects company culture events: parties, music, dress code, company norms. The best way to describe the culture is that this is your father's startup. Not nessisarily a con for many people, but a change of pace if you have worked at startups in the city.

Advice to Management

None, you know what your doing. Keep it up. Glad to be part of the team.

Jun 12, 2015 – Talent Manager

Thank you for the feedback.

Finally, a technology start-up with an actual product, that isn't a frat-house !

Current Employee - Marketing in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at ServiceMax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Adult work culture, get your assignment, do your work - no one micromanages you. You own, what you own. - You are the expert at what you do, and people let you do just that - Collaboration, really... good honest feedback, sometimes it's bumpy, but it's not personal - it's genuine and meant to move your work forward. - Empathetic leadership - stressed, overworked, need help - let them know and wow, no one berates you for being human. - Did a great job, get rewarded... do a greater job, go to Hawaii. And you don't have to be in sales to do that. :)

Cons

- There's a lot of young and old talent, so if you have trouble communicating with people of various ages and backgrounds, it'll be tough (so you may have to learn to) - It's a fast moving company, so if you aren't organized or efficient, you'll quickly need to learn to be - Nobody does nothing. Everyone is working, so if you are looking to just blend in and not contribute, you won't last too long.

Advice to Management

In short. I love you guys. There's such a great team in place - honest, humble, empathetic, genuine, approachable, humorous, visionary, direct, decisive, etc. Kool-aid is for sheep. This is the real deal and I am so glad I landed here.

Jun 12, 2015 – Talent Manager

"Nobody does nothing. Everyone is working, so if you are looking to just blend in and not contribute, you… " I think this is a Pro and not a Con and a fantastic compliment. ServiceMax is a ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed