ServiceNow Reviews

Updated September 7, 2014
Updated September 7, 2014
3.5

Frank Slootman

Pros
  • free lunch on friday, stock options (in 9 reviews)

• Free snacks, free lunch on fridays, (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • i worked here as a software engineer and this place has the worst work life balance (in 8 reviews)

• Most areas are chronically understaffed so expect to be putting in long hours but don't expect your manager to notice (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Avoid

Former Employee - Engineer  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at ServiceNow full-time for less than a year

Pros

Opportunities to travel and get Hilton HHonors reward points

If you really want to join the development organization then your best bet is to be a developer. Not a good place for product managers at all. QE is a great place if your goal is mediocrity and limited career growth. Managers seem to get fired more frequently then ICs.

Choose your VP carefully. Each VP org is vastly different with some much better than others. Try to get to know the organization ahead of time through friends and colleagues. Then hope the horse you're riding on doesn't get sent to the glue factory (your VP doesn't get fired).

Cons

No working from home. My manager repeatedly sent out emails to my team to remind us "The ServiceNow development organization doesn't allow for working from home as a common practice. Last minute emergencies exist and will be tolerated." She said if your car is in the shop then rent a car and make sure you're in the office. Picking up relatives or waiting for handyman are not considered legitimate reasons. This may be SOP in San Diego but not in Silicon Valley.

Get your house in order. The hard part lies ahead and you're resting on your laurels.

Exciting place with a lot of opportunities for growth

I have been working at ServiceNow full-time for more than a year

Pros

Employees are empowered to make changes, present ideas, and "disrupt" processes that might be outdated or inefficient.
    The extremely fast growth means that we aren't burdened by a lot of decades-old bureaucracy.
    We have the amenities we need to make our day comfortable, like a gym, cafeteria, food trucks (in San Diego), free snacks and drinks, beer bashes, and quality hardware.
    The company feels brand new, despite being 10 years old, and the possibilities are great.
    This might seem like a con to some people, but high-performers will be glad to know that low-performers and non-contributors aren't allowed to stick around for years sucking up resources.

Cons

The fast-paced environment means that there is uncertainty. What might be true today might be different tomorrow.
    Fire drills aren't uncommon. If you're used to an environment where the schedule sticks no matter what, and products aren't changed midstream, A) you are probably bored and B) this isn't the place for you.
    There is a lot of focus on numbers.

Start thinking about how we can have fewer fire drills and still innovate and create great products.
    Try to put more trust in your teams to make decisions that are best for both the customers and for the people developing the product.

Good company with good benefit

I have been working at ServiceNow full-time

Pros

Nice Payment, 140~160k for MS+1/2 years experience.
    Nice life/work balance.
    in expansion now, provide more jobs at this time.

Cons

No free lunch provided here

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

So far so good

Current Employee - Applications Developer  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Applications Developer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at ServiceNow as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere to work in. People are happy to be here, and I noticed it the minute I came in for my current job (internship).
    ServiceNow is 10 year-old company with the mind of a startup company, and it is great because it seems that they still care for the employees, so I am hoping they don't change it.

Cons

As an intern, I sometimes wish I had a project from day one to work on versus asking my manager or senior developers what to do.

Not the same company I joined, sadly...

I worked at ServiceNow full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people -- colleagues, customers and partners. Uniformly some of the best, smartest and most interesting people I've met or worked with, ever.

The products -- not all perfect, but innovative, effective and well-liked by customers, partners and influencers.

Cons

How the company has come to treat its people. The people are typically better to each other than the company is to them, despite the perks. What used to feel like a cohesive team came to feel more like divided, sometimes divisive factions after the 2012 IPO. People terminated suddenly and walked out of the building in the presence of others is not the way to build or sustain high morale.

Treat the people who are making, selling and supporting the products more like valuable assets and human beings and less like easily replaceable anonymous ciphers. Remember what motivated the creators and early joiners in the first place, before that elusive, special quality disappears entirely. Growth is not the same thing as, nor the only measure of, long-term corporate success.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Site Reliability Engineer  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Site Reliability Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at ServiceNow full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are tons of opportunity for you to grow. I have a great teamwork and excellent collaboration with my peers. (at least in my dept). Managers do care of their staff, and represent them to upper management on behalf of employees.

Cons

As company grows rapidly, I've seen some employees getting caught in the middle of some political issue, ending up leaving the company.

You are doing great! Focusing more on employees' benefits will be awesomer.

Great work environment

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at ServiceNow full-time for less than a year

Pros

A ton of support from co-workers. Someone always there to help when needed. Not a lot of micromanaging. Fun place to work. Really good perks between free food, great health coverage, free travel as needed, lots of time off.

Cons

No real cons to speak of. Love it here. Management are friendly in support and a pleasure to work with.

No real advice to management. They have a tough job and do it well.

Strong organization, deals well with explosive growth

Former Employee - Senior Solution Consultant
    Former Employee - Senior Solution Consultant

I worked at ServiceNow full-time for more than a year

Pros

Highly talented co-workers, great financial incentives, fun product, lively atmosphere. The company is growing like crazy due to an extremely popular product line. Growth opportunities abound, pay is great, and the stock options are a jackpot.

Cons

Growing pains that are mostly well handled. Can be a lot of turnover in some groups. Some groups allow key people to get overloaded while others coast. This is an item that is handled differently based on your particular group.

Continue to re-evaluate upper management and make changes where necessary. Some poor managers were allowed to overstay their welcome...

Very good

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer

I have been working at ServiceNow as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Flexibility, variety of projects to be part of, great team

Cons

Not much to say about cons

Have a better integration plan for interns to get experience with the job role

Good code base and stock is doing well

I have been working at ServiceNow

Pros

Stock is doing well, flexible time-off, work is interesting

Cons

Company is growing and feels like it is starting to turn into a "big company" feel instead of an exciting start-up feel. The San Diego main office and the other offices do not seem to work together that well.

Management needs to trust workers

Worked for ServiceNow? Contribute to the Community!