ServiceNow
www.servicenow.com Santa Clara, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

ServiceNow Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2014

Frank Slootman

Pros:
  • "free lunch on friday, stock options"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Free snacks, free lunch on fridays,"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "You won't receive any recognition and zero work life balance"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Most areas are chronically understaffed so expect to be putting in long hours but don't expect your manager to notice"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

ServiceNow is a great place to work!

Human Resources (Current Employee)
Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at ServiceNow full-time for less than a year

ProsAmazing culture, and really great people to work with! We're moving fast, and there are always chances to learn new things from the other talented people that work here. Our product speaks for itself through our customers, and it is great to be apart of a company with so much growth and potential.

ConsAs with any growing company, there are some "growing pains" to be expected - especially in the fast paced environment, so it is important to recognize this from the start!

Good people -- great co-workers and supervisors.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at ServiceNow full-time for more than a year

ProsFast growing company that will be the leader on CLOUD/SAAS (if it isn't already). Overall a great product. Some very talented hard-working people work there. Very process and detail oriented. Looks good on a resume.

Well run from a shareholder standpoint. Good place for someone out of college to get their feet wet since this is the future of IT and the future is NOW as they say.

ConsGrowing pains. Too much focus on metrics and lots of micro-managing.
The strict attention to detail and processes is a double-edged sword and also causes scaling problems in getting things done. Very easy to get caught up in minutiae. This can be a very soul-crushing place if you are a perfectionist.

That being said; this is probably a better place than most companies out there.

Advice to Senior ManagementMetrics and reports are not a replacement for good management. Too much focus on process statistics means you forget about promoting a work culture that retains talent.

Work to streamline and automate processes, so workers and their managers aren't tied up in details. Phase in new processes slower. Try to dampen the stress.

Great Company with Great People

Program Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at ServiceNow full-time for more than a year

ProsThe company is a very innovative organization with very intelligent and competent people. The pay is above industry standard and they really try and ensure you have a good work to life balance. Oh yeah great new headquarters built in Santa Clara.

ConsCompany is growing and expanding fast, and as with many orgs that grow that fast there will be growing pains. Especially around expanding teams.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have none except keep up the great work.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

We are a team of drivers

Manager, Staffing Operations (Current Employee)

I have been working at ServiceNow full-time for more than a year

ProsA great culture of "drivers" who are invested in the success of this company
Opporunity for growth
Strong leadership
Dog friendly office
Free snacks & drinks
Free lunch on Fridays
Thursday happy hours

ConsAfter over a year of being here, I cannot think of one "con".

Innovative. Competent coworkers.

Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at ServiceNow full-time for more than a year

ProsAlways innovating, always evolving, very exciting. Employees are all brilliant and tend to be experienced. Fun, and serious, place to work. The benefits are good and show that they care about their workers.

ConsCons would depend on your specific position. I can't think of any cons for the company as a whole.

There is nothing like working at ServiceNow.

Staffing (Current Employee)

I have been working at ServiceNow full-time for more than a year

ProsYour coworkers are the best. Honesty and Integrity are actual core values and not some words people throw around. It is a performance driven environment, but that is a good thing. If you do have an issue with anything - there is always someone you can bring it to. It is a truly positive life altering experience.

ConsThey make you take vacation. Which I guess isn't really a con, but sometimes you just want to be here as much as possible, helping and working and taking time off while rewarding, can make you feel guilty a bit because you want to be there for your team.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

ServiceNow does not value their employees.......

Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at ServiceNow full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFor the first year and a half of my career with SN, it was great being an employee. It WAS an exciting, vibrant place to work.

ConsAfter the IPO, the new CEO brought in all of his management and replaced hard-working employees that had a passion for the business. It was horribly stressful and disgusting how they treated legacy employees who helped build this business. One after the other we were let go with no acknowledgement to our contributions.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvery Business Management course will tell you, a company's greatest asset is their employees. People who come to work everyday with as much passion and drive to make the business succeed as the founder, are those you want to help bring you into a new era. Who better to reward and promote than those who helped grow the company where it is today? What a shame, that ServiceNow did the opposite. And the founder, who we used to work with, side by side, never did a thing to stop it.

Great People, Fast-paced and collaborative environment, "passengers" will get run over

I have been working at ServiceNow full-time

Prosvery intelligent co-workers across the board driving towards the same vision. A very cooperative and collaborative with a "get it done" attitude

ConsIf I have to, 401K matching, but the stock options more than make up for that

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up - your enthusiasm and willing to get in there and help for everyone's sake, especially for the customer, is contagious!

Challenging, busy, and rewarding.

Senior Solution Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at ServiceNow full-time

ProsQuality of the people working at the company.

ConsImmaturity of internal processes such as training.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue employees more.

Far from what it used to be

I have been working at ServiceNow full-time for more than 3 years

ProsNice kitchen
Plenty of parking available

ConsNo team structure
Excessively long hours
Lack of communication from management
Lots of office gossip

Advice to Senior ManagementHire leaders who care about their employees.

Worked for ServiceNow? Contribute to the Community!

ServiceNow Videos

ServiceNow – Why Work for Us?

WHO ARE WE? Every decade new technologies rise up and disrupt the status quo – creating a seismic shift that changes how business is conducted. ServiceNow is the enterprise IT cloud company, and our technology changes… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ServiceNow reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ServiceNow CEO Frank Slootman. All 66 reviews posted anonymously by ServiceNow employees.