ServiceSource
www.servicesource.com San Francisco, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

ServiceSource Reviews

Updated Mar 19, 2014
ServiceSource – Ireland – “ServiceSource - "The Chase" building”

ServiceSource Chairman & CEO Mike Smerklo

Mike Smerklo

Pros:
  • "Fun work environment, professional development opportunities, great place to grow your career"
    in 11 reviews
  • "Fun work environment with lots of young and energetic people"
    in 11 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper management lacks communication with sales reps and individual teams"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Most of the jobs here don't have a huge amount of opportunity for career growth"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great Place to Start a Career

I have been working at ServiceSource full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat environment, awesome people to work with, advancement opportunities are there if you seek them, learning opportunities are there if you seek them.

ConsStarting wage is somewhat low but still easy to live on, especially if you include bonuses; you end up doing much better than an average retail worker.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing!

Team Dependent

Senior Sales Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at ServiceSource full-time for more than a year

ProsWork atmosphere is perfect for the recent college grad. Very relaxed dress code, good mix of sex, age rages from 22-35 on the sales floor. Good sales culture, rewarding for high performances, allow you to directly engage with your client.

ConsSREV is made up of several different "teams" (clients) and your experience @ this company certainly depends on the team that your are hired on to.

Advice to Senior ManagementRaise the base salary and focus on retention verse "turn and burn" model.

Terrible place to work unless you are desperate for work

Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at ServiceSource full-time for more than a year

Prosnone, nothing cutting edge happening.

Consfrequent re-org, poor communications, no strategy, no vision

Advice to Senior Managementpoor leadership

Decent - A ton of change with poor leadership and no recognition for the lower level employee

I worked at ServiceSource full-time for more than a year

ProsYoung people with in teams. Good incentives when started, but where then taken away, when performing.

ConsThere is a constant change without a structured base of guidance or rules to go off of, a “fly by the seat of your pants” type of feel. Crazy performance metrics to be performed off of, some of which do not make sense to certain client accounts, a “one shoe fits all” type of structure. Constantly monitored on the number of telcom sales calls, how long your calls where and who you were calling, even when people are performing. Adjustment to quotas while in the middle of a quarter, making it harder to reach your quarter bonus payouts. Do not like to pay for performance when employees are performing, as a rep you can bring in hundreds of thousands of dollars for the company but they don’t care or give you praise for your hard work. Bottom line is that, they treat you like a number and don’t care about your reasonable concern, question or future.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate incentives …. Care or act like you do.

Something’s to improve on:

Don’t become a “rainbird” coach. Set and focus priorities. Focus on developing both “skill” and “will” on your teams. Develop and focus on a sales team development plan and challenge your customers focus.

Empty promises and manipulation to where they want you

I have been working at ServiceSource full-time for more than a year

Pros-Good experience calling on customers for a particular client
-Other Sales Reps and Senior Sales Reps are helpful and talented

Cons-Poor management
-Immature environment that claims to be professional. Filled with gossip and childishness
-Lies about advancement opportunities, use promises to manipulate you into positions only to abandon you once you're there
-Unethical, unprofessional and borderline illegal practices

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more involved with your team, talk to them about what they like and don't like...and if they say something they don't like, don't call them selfish or accuse them of a bad attitude. Overall get your stuff together and be a manager. While at work, managers should be managers, not buddies.

CEO makes $$$$$$....while sales reps make NOTHING!

Nashville, TN

I worked at ServiceSource full-time for less than a year

ProsExcellent health insurance
Set schedule
You do learn a lot about inside sales

ConsTHE PAY IS A JOKE! Mike Smerklo is making $$$$$$ by basically outsourcing work from big companies to recent college grads and pays them half of what the acutal client pays reps DOING THE SAME THING! I was there for 6 mths and made more money waiting tables!! This place is a joke.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your sales reps more..maybe you wouldnt have such a high turnover rate and you would have more qualified workers apply.

Underpaid, overqualified

I worked at ServiceSource full-time for more than a year

Pros-Most of the sales reps are in the 20s, so it's a good place to work if you want to meet new people, go out to drinks after work, etc
-Good benefits package
-Nice location in downtown Denver

Cons-Really low starting salary and you get paid bonuses rather than commission. There is a pretty low bonus cap
-Crazy micromanaging
-Towards the end of my time there, they started to run it more like a call center. We had silly quotas for calls and the focus was on busy work rather than actual sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees like the adults they are and increase compensation to keep your good employees with the company. I was an excellent sales rep but left because of the micromanagement and bonus caps.

All depends on how you manage yourself

I have been working at ServiceSource full-time for more than 3 years

ProsOpportunities for growth
Casual work environment

ConsExperience varies depending on who your management team is

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time with reps

not enough upper management who cares about building your skills

Nashville, TN

I have been working at ServiceSource full-time for less than a year

ProsBenefits and schedule are great. There is a comprehensive package you are able to choose from. No weekends, but they do except a crazy schedule at EOQ and do not make that clear when you are hired

ConsRelentless overtime, managers are not well-versed in their rolls, more of like a call center, expectations are a little high for the training you receive, not easy to move up into other positions

good to place to be

Marketing (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ServiceSource full-time for more than a year

ProsA lot of work to be done and many options to help out so you're not stuck if you don't want to be

Consgrowth can be seen as somewhat stagnant given the big growth in past years which has slowed down a bit

Worked for ServiceSource? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ServiceSource reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ServiceSource CEO Mike Smerklo. All 120 reviews posted anonymously by ServiceSource employees.