ServiceSource

www.servicesource.com

ServiceSource Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014
ServiceSource – Ireland – “ServiceSource - "The Chase" building”

ServiceSource Chairman & CEO Mike Smerklo

Mike Smerklo

Pros
  • Fun work environment, professional development opportunities, great place to grow your career(in 14 reviews)

• It is a great place to start your career and gives you insight into several different companies(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • A large portion of the employees underneath upper management are either inexperienced or incompetent(in 6 reviews)

• Most of the jobs here don't have a huge amount of opportunity for career growth(in 3 reviews)

ServiceSource

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe sales teams and other employees.

ConsInconsistent management from directors. Communication and Win as a Team culture only upheld on the sales floor, not echoed from upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementDouble check 2nd line managers daily activities, some 2nd line managers do far less than it seems. Retain your top employees, don't always force things into black and white categories.

Great company for those just out of college.

Senior Sales Representative (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsExcellent benefits and potential to make good money right out of college, provided sales goals are met.

ConsUpper management lacks communication with sales reps and individual teams.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet up monthly meetings with teams to set goals and communicate the progress of the team as well as what they're seeing on a daily basis. This info is critical in setting goals within the team and also communicating with the client.

Great for your first job out of college, or someone looking to get into the IT world.

Team Lead (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsBenefits are top knotch, but room for career growth is limited. Pay is mid-level. The bonuses are good assuming you can hit your quotas. Company trips for top sales reps are fun.

ConsLimited career growth, and the company does a poor job of communicating what is available.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake more of an effort to communicate what career growth is available to your current employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Place to Start a Career

Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsGreat environment, awesome people to work with, advancement opportunities are there if you seek them, learning opportunities are there if you seek them.

ConsStarting wage is somewhat low but still easy to live on, especially if you include bonuses; you end up doing much better than an average retail worker.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing!

Fun culture that lacks advancement

Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsEnvironment is very young and hip. Great place to meet people and an awesome starting job/stepping stone.

ConsSREV does not write contracts that directly benefit the people selling the contracted products. This means that it can take over a year for the value of contracts to be realized and for reps to get paid.

Advice to Senior ManagementWrite better contracts and start figuring out that you are trying to sell products that are more complex than inexperienced workers can deal with.

Like working at an insurance company

Prosgreat benefits package, work is more fun than some places, but not as fun as it was prior to going public

Consvery results oriented, tendencies to micromanage results.

Advice to Senior Managementno one really works here because they enjoy the work - they work here because it used to be a great place TO work.

Team Dependent

Senior Sales Representative (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsWork atmosphere is perfect for the recent college grad. Very relaxed dress code, good mix of sex, age rages from 22-35 on the sales floor. Good sales culture, rewarding for high performances, allow you to directly engage with your client.

ConsSREV is made up of several different "teams" (clients) and your experience @ this company certainly depends on the team that your are hired on to.

Advice to Senior ManagementRaise the base salary and focus on retention verse "turn and burn" model.

Good first job out of college

Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsIt's a good first sales job

ConsThe pay is far below the industry

Terrible place to work unless you are desperate for work

Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

Prosnone, nothing cutting edge happening.

Consfrequent re-org, poor communications, no strategy, no vision

Advice to Senior Managementpoor leadership

Decent - A ton of change with poor leadership and no recognition for the lower level employee

Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsYoung people with in teams. Good incentives when started, but where then taken away, when performing.

ConsThere is a constant change without a structured base of guidance or rules to go off of, a “fly by the seat of your pants” type of feel. Crazy performance metrics to be performed off of, some of which do not make sense to certain client accounts, a “one shoe fits all” type of structure. Constantly monitored on the number of telcom sales calls, how long your calls where and who you were calling, even when people are performing. Adjustment to quotas while in the middle of a quarter, making it harder to reach your quarter bonus payouts. Do not like to pay for performance when employees are performing, as a rep you can bring in hundreds of thousands of dollars for the company but they don’t care or give you praise for your hard work. Bottom line is that, they treat you like a number and don’t care about your reasonable concern, question or future.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate incentives …. Care or act like you do.

Something’s to improve on:

Don’t become a “rainbird” coach. Set and focus priorities. Focus on developing both “skill” and “will” on your teams. Develop and focus on a sales team development plan and challenge your customers focus.

Worked for ServiceSource? Contribute to the Community!