ServiceSource

www.servicesource.com

ServiceSource Reviews in Dublin Ireland

Updated Jul 21, 2014
ServiceSource – Ireland – “ServiceSource - "The Chase" building”

ServiceSource Chairman & CEO Mike Smerklo

Mike Smerklo

Pros
  • Fun work environment, professional development opportunities, great place to grow your career(in 14 reviews)

• It is a great place to start your career and gives you insight into several different companies(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • A large portion of the employees underneath upper management are either inexperienced or incompetent(in 6 reviews)

• Most of the jobs here don't have a huge amount of opportunity for career growth(in 3 reviews)

16 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Success based partly on dumb luck but predominantly on what you make of it.

Team Leader (Current Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsPredominantly a young environment both in terms of the company itself and the people who work there. There has been a noticeable shift in the past 18 months to focus again on the people who work there in terms of both their personal and professional development. The office is clean and new, there is a great friendly atmosphere within the company.

There is ample room for professional development within the company, however this can be really a mix of deserving it and being in the right place at the right time. The split of management seems to be 80% those who are appropriate for the position and 20% those who aren't. This has been addressed in recent months however with management "qualifications" where people need to have the necessary skills to retain their roles in middle-management positions. There are numerous people however who aren't in management positions who would be extremely successful, but their abilities to promote themselves internally is their downfall.

There are so many internal client teams which means people can get experience across not only different roles but different companies.

The atmosphere in the office is an enjoyable one, most people strive to better themselves and work as part of a team. There is a huge cultural variance particularly in the EMEA offices which gives people substantial experience in dealing with different cultures. Probably the most enjoyable part of the company in a personal context is the people employed there.

The people who are most likely to succeed in this environment are young, intelligent, adaptive people who are willing to not only get on with their job, but seek out additional projects and experiences internally. If you want to work an easy, not committal 9-5 job, this isn't the place for you.

Some people may complain about the job, particularly those working in sales in terms of their target and job stress. With the exception of a few isolated cases, the way the sales team is treated in terms of remuneration, respect, and the ease of the job is far better than the majority of sales people in a similar role in a lot of comparable companies.

ConsWhen the pressure is on in terms of hitting a sales number there can be a noticeable attitude shift in terms of "we love our employees", this is particularly evident in terms of working hours and availability of holidays.

Depending on the team, some can have extremely long working hours coming towards the end of a quarter where, while one is not forced to work extra hours, you won't do yourself any favours in terms of professional development to go against the grain and insist on leaving on time.

Compensation is probably on the reserved side of the market average but I'd honestly prefer doing what I love and getting slightly less than I want, rather than doing what I hate for a lot of money.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue listening to your employees - strategy should not only be top-down, it's the people doing the actual jobs who are likely to give you the best ideas - it's evident that the employees are being listened to and I'd suggest keeping it up.

Continue all the people related initiatives, the positive attitude and atmosphere shift in the past 18 months has been substantial.

Awful management and company values are not adhered to

Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsFor for recent secondary school graduates who wish to start a career in sales

Decent office and location (near Luas line)

ConsManagement treat you like a school children regardless of your age, qualifications and previous experience

Servicesource management is very sensitive to any constructive criticism and don't take any good ideas on board. They rather re-invent the wheel by themselves with no relevant know-how and without asking any questions from people with relevant skills and knowledge.

They are not generally bothered about the most talented and intelligent people leaving the company.
    No effort is made in order to fix issues that force / encourage them to leave in the first place.
    Instead they rather promote some lower calibre applicants who have 'the desired attitude' ; willingness to lick some butt and never disagree with the awful management decisions.

Forget about having a life during any month end, quarter end and year end. Often you are forced to work 14 hours without any extra pay or time in lieu. Especially forget about been able to spend christmas with your family (if your parents and siblings don't reside in Ireland) as you will never get the time off. Other multinationals I have worked in, this has never been a problem.

Also, people are forced to come into work when sick and sick notes are often asked from the first day off sickness regardless of if you have excellent attendance record and have never called in sick previously.
    Some people have also been forced to come into work when sick (with a doctors note and strict orders to stay in bed) or work from hospital bed, sometimes from home. The very bad inhumane treatment of staff is rampant, they don't care about the health and wellbeing of the staff. Making money is more important.

By reading some previous (negative) reviews which I agree 100% and the CEO's decision not to agree with any of the critical comments made proves that this is not a good environment to be working in.
    Too many talented people end up leaving simply because the management attitude is terrible and the company values are not adhered to.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn some ethics and start treating people with respect

Good Learning Experience !

Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsGood way to start a career in sales or inside sales

ConsCore business is renewals so no much exposure onto new business cycles

Advice to Senior ManagementGet the new SaaS platform up and running quickly and deploy to all teams

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work

Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsGreat support from the management, basic salary + good bonus system

Consstressful job, but it depends on your territory, countries

A desaster called Service Source

Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Pros- ok benefits package outside the actual salary / bonus part
    - no dresscode
    - nice corporate (graphical) design
    - eating at your own desk is permitted and even sponsored at times
    - free barista coffee at times
    - good and broad variety of online training courses offered for free

ConsIt is very much depending on market / territory and client account how you will experience this company. However, there are few general things on the negative side: It is not the high-profile IT renewal sales company SREV advertises itself.
    Their approach is pretty much the one of dull outbound / telesales agents and accordingly is the reality you meet on the floor.
    Bonus and salary payments are delayed or incorrect.
    Sales targets are completely random and the single agent has to manually double check everything in the system to make sure his / her sales targets are met and quota properly updated.
    Agents are not given the necessary IT tools to perform, sometimes people have to wait for up to three months to get access to vital systems. Yet, they are still expected to hit quotas without these tools and accordingly pressurized and yelled at for failing.
    Bonuses can be promised and suddenly withdrawn - no rule of law in the promises the company gives to the employees.
    The flagship product "renew on demand" is simply not working, producing a plethora of errors. The data in "renew on demand" is poorly maintained.
    Teamleaders and middle management are very inept with both IT and sales, but especially lacking people skills. It is normal in many teams to yell at each other, throwing insults at employees. Management by fear, not very inspiring.
    Also a very juvenile environment, not really experts in IT or sales sitting there on most teams. During my time there one employee committed suicide. Altogether the company is a disappointment, few career options, boys club attire on upper and middle management level. HR is not committed to create a positive or inspiring workatmosphere. Lofty goals from corporate headquarter in America are quickly thwarted by the clients who massively withdraw from this company. SREV fails to produce the results it promises.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemove seemingly incompetent and underperforming TL's and middle managers immediately as they additionally impact work morale with their lacking people skills.
    Get the act together with "Renew on Demand" as a flagship product cannot be a better beta version of some garage programming.
    Disciplinary action against verbal abuse, seemingly psychopathic managers and co-workers is strongly advised. Dignity has to become the keyword to secure people's loyalty and inspiration for the company.

Poor Work Environment

Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsCan be placed on team with easy workload

Targets can be very easy to achieve but is team specific & Nice co workers

ConsPoor middle management; a lot of Account Managers did not understand the company and had extremely poor data management skills

Staff treated like children & little or no HR function to keep employees informed of company gaols etc

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees

Right Company for Career Progression -

Sales Manager (Current Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsWorked in a several organisations as a sales rep - I do not think there is a better one to advance your career.
    Investment in training and coaching. After being successfull as a rep, I was promoted to Sales Manager and was given comprensive training to perform in my new role
    Very Challenging as outsourcing but much more meaningfull experience because of this
    Engaging environment (employees get together, Culture club)

ConsIT is not good. We are not given the tools to do our jobs well
    Limited Vacations
    Client comes first - which is good but sometimes at the expense of people (although less now)

Advice to Senior ManagementSeems like a different company this year. I really believe in the new vision.
    Continue to engage employees and focus on coaching

Good place for first work experience

Senior Sales Representative (Current Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsNice colleagues, everything else depends on the team you're in.

ConsOnly a real career company for a very specific type of individual

Small Company with Fat Executive Wallets

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsSome teammates are exceptional at their positions and share their wealth of knowledge and insight.
    Monthly in-house get-together (Happy Hour)

ConsUnreachable targets taken from thin air by the management despite full access to current trends and competitor analysis
    Management may change your team at random or without you input
    Meager base pay for experienced reps, yet ServiceSource attempt to
    Promotions and pay raises are based upon political decisions (based on your relationship with your manager)
    Breakdowns in sales-cycle execution
    Excessive discounting permitted
    Despite its best intentions and lip service, there's no formal sales process operationally in place
    Employees need better access to relevant information
    Employees receive too much corporate mumbo-jumbo from execs

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees need better access to information and better tools to deliver differentiated results to customers. Stop with the ra-ra speeches (they don't motivate). Try to be more transparent rather than have this hierarchy within teams.

Focus on Sales Career Development

Account Sales Representative (Current Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsEngaging, Fun, Multi-Cultural
    Focus on Sales Development - different type of accounts, different type of sales for different experience levels. Training and Coaching
    Great for CV as large number of high profile clients: Microsoft, SAP, Dell, Google, VMware
    Open to change, quick pace, senior management open to listen

ConsVery few holidays
    Sometimes very intensive cadence
    Too worried about the clients: everytime a client ask for something, every

Advice to Senior ManagementWe can feel you want to change the organisation.
    Continue to communicate and ask for employee's opinion and help us with our development plan

Worked for ServiceSource? Contribute to the Community!