ServiceSource Reviews

Updated August 26, 2014

2.8

ServiceSource Chairman & CEO Mike Smerklo
Mike Smerklo

Pros
  • Fun work environment, professional development opportunities, great place to grow your career (in 15 reviews)

• It is a great place to start your career and gives you insight into several different companies (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • A large portion of the employees underneath upper management are either inexperienced or incompetent (in 6 reviews)

• Lots of drama within work place, very cliquey, feels like high school (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Nashville Sales Center

Current Employee - Sales Director
    Current Employee - Sales Director

I have been working at ServiceSource full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

great place to work and grow

Cons

need to set a clear vision

Fun place to work!

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at ServiceSource full-time for more than a year

Pros

They care about their people! Fun place to work! Lots of room for advancement.

Cons

Starting salary is low.

Great environment, great place to start, disorganized departments, poor HR department.

Current Employee - Director, Solution Design  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Director, Solution Design in Nashville, TN

I have been working at ServiceSource full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A good place to start your career. Lots of smart people, flexible working environment and laid back atmosphere. A great team atmosphere keeps people motivated.

Cons

HR is disorganized - no clear review cycle, no clear professional development approach, paralyzes growth and causes high attrition. HR is most responsible for this company's problems - they are unwilling to pay to keep and foster their talented individuals. Upper management has no clear vision of future

Focus on the future by returning to our core competencies. Stop trying (mightily) to be something you're not.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great first job where you can practice your office skills

Current Employee - Operations Services Specialist  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Operations Services Specialist in Denver, CO

I have been working at ServiceSource full-time for more than a year

Pros

You really get a sense of how a large office runs. I had seen the movies and talked to my parents, but actually being a cog in a large machine was a totally new experience. It was a great first job where I got to experience teamwork and handle quotas. There is a big difference between working for a school grade and working for a paycheck and I am very happy that ServiceSource was my first job. It is the classic cubicle environment, complete with supervisors and managers and cheesy 'inspirational' monthly meetings, but it was a great place to start out. Also, being that ServiceSource is conscious of what it is (a first job), it went smoothly when I left. I came, I trained, I got experience, and then I moved on.

Cons

I'm pretty sure it is like this for all large cubicle environments, but it was a bit high school-ish in the drama that sometimes arose. But again, as this was many people's first job, perhaps a bit of immaturity was to be expected. Managers are very good at handling the groups and I never saw anything get truly crazy.

There is little room for job advancement. You are a cog. You can get promoted to a senior cog, and then even a supervisor cog, but that's it.

Keep doing what you're doing.

Great work environment. Good opportunities to advance your career.

Current Employee - Renewals Sales Representative  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Renewals Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at ServiceSource full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very young and high-energy work environment. Usually promotes within. Uncapped bonuses. Great 'teamwork' type of business. Perks outside of paychecks based on team performance. Job security.

Cons

Not flexible with time-off. Quota can be raised mid-quarter. Favoritism can be prevalent. Base salaries should be higher. Choices of who they choose as managers aren't always agreeable.

Don't base promotion choices necessarily on the amount of time someone has been there. Base it off of their qtr-to-qtr performance and work ethic. Numbers speak for themselves.

5 years at SREV, it's been a good ride

I have been working at ServiceSource full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work-life balance, ongoing training opportunities, young workforce, good benefits, support to grow your career

Cons

Compensation is not competitive with the market, C-Level execs do not appear to want to invest in the people that make the company the most money, lack of recognition for time served

Good first Job

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at ServiceSource full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some managers are absolutely amazing, however, others not so much. What team you end up on really changes how you will look at the company. Easy to move up quickly however, not much opportunity besides managing and moving to another cubical.

Cons

Working at a computer all day, the work gets very mind numbing unless you push yourself to do more.

Remember your sales reps are the ones managing the territories so listen when they have something valuable to say.

Utter Chaos

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at ServiceSource full-time

Pros

Young vibrant company - lots of potential if they can get it together.

Cons

The company is in a constant state of flux. 3 re-orgs in less than a year. The CEO just stepped down. Missed earnings two quarters in a row. Executives are arrogant and make changes on a whim.

Settle down! Put a solid plan in place and work it. Let it bake. Re-orging each quarter is expensive and does not give any strategy time to succeed (or fail).

Fun place to work but don't want to do it forever

Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative  in  Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Nashville, TN

I worked at ServiceSource full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Really enjoyed my co-workers and team outings. Laid back dress code on non business casual days. Good pay for work done

Cons

Some quota goals were ridiculous and constantly changing so expectations were different each quarter. Mandatory end of quarter overtime. Management seemed out of the loop for daily struggles/complaints of sales reps

Reach out to employees for more insight into day-to-day pain points.

It was a Great place to work at until the last year

Former Employee - Facilities Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Facilities Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ServiceSource full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good Company somewhat need to hold on to good employee

Cons

Did not believe in employee's

Worked for ServiceSource? Contribute to the Community!