ServiceSource (Virginia)

Janet Samuelson

1. Very predictable

Current Employee - Food Sanitation Specialist in Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Food Sanitation Specialist in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at ServiceSource (Virginia) part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Pay is descent they pay for your pension and your medical insurance

Cons

Basically have to be in it for the money and benefits

Advice to Management

Give proper training to your workers

2. Great culture with good opportunities

I have been working at ServiceSource (Virginia)

Pros

Atmosphere, career opportunities, benefits, exposure to a variety of technology and healthcare verticals

Cons

Unpredictable market, compensation is slightly below market, requires long hours

ServiceSource (Virginia) Response

Mar 24, 2015Director, Global Talent Acquisition of Enablement

This review actually pertains to the ServiceSource.org organization not ServiceSource International. We are working w/Glassdoor to get your comment transferred to the correct ServiceSource which is ... More

A Waste

I worked at ServiceSource (Virginia)

Pros

The people that you worked with were hard working and fun to be around.

Cons

At the CRDS of ServiceSource in Capitol Heights, the management team are or still the worst that I have ever worked for or with. The people of power let it go to their heads. The management team did not allow grow nor did they promote it for the hard working individuals there. They did not create a good working environment for the entry-level or team leads. There was a lot of favoritism within the organization. Discussions that they have or had were not to ask you about situations but to tell you by not talking to you but through you. They made it an unhappy place to be. It is sad when you have individuals talking about just receiving a paycheck and going home. There is not job security there at the CRDS. They took advantage of the individuals that worked for them. They seemed to believe that they were the ones who kept the company going all the while it was the hard working individuals on the front line who do the work are the ones who keep them in business. Not everyone is made out to be a manager but because of time in position or because an individual has a degree those above are making bad choices in promotion and not on merit. Experience does not make you a manager and this is another fault they have at the CRDS. There is not career opportunities there to advance your career. You will have to leave to get ahead. I know that I have been talking all over the place but this is how dysfunction the CRDS has been for the past 5 years.

Advice to Management

They has to be a better understanding between management and non-management. The communication between the two does not exist at the CRDS. More input from non-management will start the communication between the two and management needs to know that all decisions are not be made by them but to include the others because with the non-management group you may find your future manager not one you see in your face all the time. Read the book" I'm Ok - You're OK". Great book.

ServiceSource (Virginia) Response

Mar 24, 2015Director, Global Talent Acquisition of Enablement

5. Just pitiful

I have been working at ServiceSource (Virginia) full-time

Pros

Nothing is remotely enjoyable about working there.

Cons

They don't help with transportation cost.
    The rules at my site are ridiculous. Such as not taking to the customers.
    Management doesn't respect employees. Very hostile environment. If you try to transfer, they will block it. Will give you a satisfactory evaluation and then take it back.
    Some people get away with murder and others get blamed for their mess. Management is a joke and incompetent. Human resources is laughable. The benefits and pay are horrible. If you take off, you will get written up even if you have a leave slip.

Advice to Management

Retrain all management to have compassion, patience, and understanding. You get more flies with honey than vinegar!

6. great company

Current Employee - Sales Operations Analyst in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Operations Analyst in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at ServiceSource (Virginia) full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Generous paid time off and medical benefits

Cons

Certain departments are disorganized and unstable

Advice to Management

treat employees fairly

7. Five Years with Service Source. Inc.

Former Employee - General Clerk I I in Capitol Heights, MD
    Former Employee - General Clerk I I in Capitol Heights, MD

I worked at ServiceSource (Virginia) full-time

Pros

Very encouraging, thorough training, and excellent benefits. Service Source appreciates excellence from the staff of employees. If any of that had come from previous employment my career situation would be entirely different. It was always a very good rapport with leadership.

Cons

I would have appreciated training in other functions beyond 'general labor,' There were other phases of office function they were slow to educate me on, and it would have provided good experience.

Advice to Management

If the employees would welcome it, there would TWO reasons to move workers around the different departments: the
    employee, and the entire location, would benefit for the experience. There was an "inspection day" from the managers' MANAGERS, when our own first and second level managers were ashamed of us!! We were NOT allowed in the hallway, to go to, or come from work. We were supposed to 'sneak' around the building during the lunch hour and quitting time, so as not to 'mess up' the plant, let it remain spotless. It was shameful on their part, treating the people who have to work for a living, and make the boss look good, like they are poor relation.

8. Not a company to look for growth opportunities

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant II in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant II in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at ServiceSource (Virginia) full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You get to work with people with varying disabilities and the process can be rewarding.

Cons

The position I came to work for was not the position that I interviewed for. My job description changed on my first day to a completely different job description (as well as title). No formal training laid out for new hires, no organizational skills, catty administrative staff with self-entitlements based on seniority instead vs. education. I knew 2 days in that the office environment and crude was horrific. Don't waste your time!

Advice to Management

This is a private contractor for the state. Over all experience with contractor: excellent. Other employees and interactions: horrific.

9. WORST PLACE TO WORK -

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I worked at ServiceSource (Virginia) full-time (more than a year)

Pros

HMMM- LET ME THINK ABOUT THAT, the 403 match is the only thing going.

Cons

If you are under 30 and Caucasian, you will be welcomed with open arms. RUN if not, you will be used. If they do not like you, you have no chance. They over work you and you will not receive overtime pay. They are always thinking you have to "donate your time" because they are a non profit. Do not expect a raise, they just let you know how many millions they have received in donations. The pay stinks.

Advice to Management

Management needs training in how to speak and treat staff. they are also racist, so they also need training on how to relate to other races.

10. OKay company

I worked at ServiceSource (Virginia) full-time

Pros

Fun, young atmosphere. with nice people.

Cons

Must be good looking and predominately one demographic to move up in ranks. Run like a frat house.

Advice to Management

Give everyone equal opportunity to progress.

Unstable work place

Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at ServiceSource (Virginia) full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fun events and rallys to keep morale up

Cons

They are always reorganizing the structure and there is high turnover. Sr. Management has been here less than 2 years and they don't appreciate the people who keep the business going.

Advice to Management

Think about the policies you are driving before you deliver them. Show appreciation to all levels of employees and don't take it out on staff when you don't hit your numbers.