Services for the UnderServed

Be The First To
Add Photos

SUS Strong

Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsI was able to learn many essential skills.

ConsSome of the system are archaic

Advice to Senior ManagementSome of the best people i worked with in a long time.

Good

ProsGreat People to work with.

ConsThere are not enough hours

Random moving pieces

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsA lot of vacation days...

ConsManagement lacks leadership and direction which then creates a very unstable work environment. Upper management needs to focus and become less reactive and more proactive. Compensation is terrible compared to other agencies. Turnover is high.

Advice to Senior ManagementDraft an action plan and stick to it. Organizaton should react to the changes in government funding but without fearing a lose in funding. Employees can sense the fear in managment. Better pay and more ongoing training for key employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I was a learned and through experience .

Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) Brooklyn, NY

ProsI walk away with knowledge and experience.

ConsSome client get extremely aggressive but I remain control and exercise patience on the job.

Advice to Senior ManagementAw some and caring.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

NonProfit Organization that is very dysfunctionally operated

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsOrganization gives you alot of days off....

ConsDepartments are dysfunctional due to the managment of its department heads. Alot of inconsistencies in advancements and salaries. If they like you, you get rewarded regardless of the job you do.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverhaul of top management greatly recommended. Board of Directors need to review. Either Management has been there too long or newcomers are very discriminate with their hiring stules and practices.

You will go far if you know the right people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey promote from within, some people have been there an average 10-25 years. The quality of your work is not as important as how well you play office politics, which is good for employees new to the field of social services. Office camaraderie can be good with a positive team of colleagues. Many different divisions to get involved with if you get bored after a few years in one division.

ConsUnfortunately, there is limited training (if any) for the management/director-level professionals. Lack of management skills are apparent with low employee engagement, questionable promotion decisions, and high turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer adequate training for management level. i.e. There are different skills needed to be a case manager v. being a director of case management.

Worked for Services for the UnderServed? Contribute to the Community!