www.sesamecommunications.com

Positive changes happening at Sesame

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Sesame Communications full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people and culture are what set Sesame apart. The COO I report up to is moving the needle to take the company to the next level both from a cultural stand point and with the products we provide to our customers.

There are groups within the company who have GREAT ideas and the company supports making those ideas a reality.

If you want to come to a place where your ideas are given an opportunity to flourish, this is the place for you.

Cons

There are pockets of groups within the company who are challenged to meet the expectations of their jobs.

Don't be afraid to make difficult decisions when it comes to under performing areas. Change can be a good thing sometimes.

Horrible, horrible, horrible!! Beware of the sales department.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Sesame Communications full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very few pros in my mind. The offices are nice & close to bars in pioneer square.

Cons

The sales department is a frat house. I you aren' one of "the boys," you won't succeed here.
    This is an oversold telemarketing job & people aren't making goal/commissions.
    There are a number of competitive product that are just better!!!!

Improve the product & really take a look at "your culture." It isn't great on both fronts

Don't believe the hype

I worked at Sesame Communications full-time

Pros

The location is pretty solid. Sluggers serves cheap beer.

Cons

The pay is a joke. When I asked HR or my supervisor about the lackluster pay I heard the word "culture" 7-10 times. Culture doesn't pay the bills, also there is no culture at Sesame.

The economy isn't in a down cycle anymore, there's no reason to think that people will be cool with horrible wages and long hours.

Chaotic, but also good memories

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Sesame Communications full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of fun young eager people on board here ready to start their careers. Cool concept of a product.

Cons

I left in 2011, which was shortly after the company moved to Seattle and struggled with some C-Level changes and layoffs. But that was quite a while ago....

?

I Love My Job!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Sesame Communications full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I've only been with Sesame for 6 months, in the last 3 months I've been Top AM twice! great base, attainable goals, Fun work enviroment, there is some traveling to dental and orthodontist seminars paid for by by Sesame, work parties, transportation paid for- orca/bus card, Health, Dental and Vision Insurance is paid for by the company, directly across the street from Seahawk's Stadium

Cons

some days I work 9 hours then come home and work some more. This is probably why I've been so successful in a short amount of time. I love my job so I don't mind but I but I can see how this wouldn't be a fit for everyone.

I feel that the company is moving in the right direction so whatever you are doing keep at it!

"I don't know about the others from prior years, i enjoy myself here"

Current Employee - Sales in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Sales in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Sesame Communications full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working with friends, watching my wallet grow, selling a product that delivers! Departments are solid now and good employees are in the right place.

Cons

Change, Although necessary can be hard.

Continue to streamline the process, hire the right talent.

Just had my 1 year anniversary!

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Sesame Communications full-time (more than an year)

Pros

AMBITION IS THE PATH TO SUCCESS! You make your own goals. Sesame provides tools for your success. If you need something, speak up and its implemented. You have a voice. This is not an assembly line type of job. If you are lazy, and have your hand out, this is not the job for you. Nor is any post on this site. Go get a 8-5 job that already has the cookie cutter path. . NOW is the time to come on with a company like Sesame. Why? Because we hands down have to best products and services in our industry. I've been in sales for 12 years, it feels good to be able to say that.

Cons

It's taken a while to weed out the less motivated and dead weights. You're reading this. You know the type. I could have dealt without them. It made my day harder. They are gone now.

Internal communication can be frustrating. There is a still a divide between departments. I think with growth of the sales department, we will have a louder voice.

This company is awesome!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Sesame Communications full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I've only been here a short couple months and so far love it. The people are great and we are actually supported by management which is so refreshing. The products and services along with the partnerships are stellar and make it easy to make recommendations. Plus I've already made some good money and plan to get some even larger paychecks in the near future.

Cons

There are definitely some extra hours being worked here, but it has been paying off with dollars back in my pocket.

Keep up the good spiffs - we love them. $$$$$

They will hire anyone.

I have been working at Sesame Communications full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My free bus pass. Easy access to bars in Pioneer Square during lunch. Working with others who share the affinity of how horrible our lives getting with each passing minute.

Cons

Poor leadership from sales all the way up to the CEO. Someone had posted a review on March 21, 2014: "The CEO and the rest of the executive team...everyone tap dances around a CEO that is out of touch and fake..." WELL PUT.

The members of the Board should consider new leadership for sales and a new CEO.

Don't trust the man in black and watch your back.

Former Employee - Web Design Specialist in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Web Design Specialist in Seattle, WA

I worked at Sesame Communications full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great place to be if it is your first job out of college. You will be surrounded by young inexperienced employees that are in the same boat as you. Being young and dumb has its benefits. There is some type of pleasure in busy work.

Cons

The Ceo and the rest of the executive team are antiquated and unscrupulous.

Everyone tap dances around a CEO that is out of touch and fake.

If you pay attention to the turnover and products that provide no real value you can figure it out.

Have fun at Sluggers, seems to be the only thing you do well.

Sesame Communications Photos