Set and Service Resources

Updated March 3, 2015
Updated March 3, 2015
3.8

Erik Hanvey

[Convenient and efficient as opt to utilize home office hardware & software to develop experience of internet projects.]

Current Contractor - [Associate - Projects]
    Current Contractor - [Associate - Projects]

I have been working at Set and Service Resources as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

[Independence] | [Access to company project opportunity data] | [Efficient] | [Convenient]

Cons

[Company cancellations] | [Work locations]

[No Training] | [Experienced] | [Must be computer literate]

Generally good but inconsistent scheduling for jobs.

Current Employee - Merchandiser
    Current Employee - Merchandiser

I have been working at Set and Service Resources

Pros

Pay is better than minimum wage and you get to go to different places.

Cons

Can go weeks without any work assignments. Employee help line doesn't respond to employee calls for quite some time if ever.

Become consistent with scheduling the people who do a good job and don't let employees just "hang out" and wait to see if they are getting a job they applied for days ago.

Great for extra income

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Mattawa, WA
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Mattawa, WA

I have been working at Set and Service Resources

Pros

Choose what jobs you want to work, you can travel or stay close to home. Some mileage payed. I enjoy doing resets.

Cons

I have worked with people with no experience at all. No training available. No go to person, only contact with scheduler is phone and email. Lack of communication at times, will show up and store started work and they did not know we were showing up.

Maybe have a person in charge to check on work done and employees. Better communication with stores. Ability to advance ranks other than jobs worked. Experience a plus.

I am going on 5 years with SaSR. I enjoy working for this company. I like being in control of when & where I will work.

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Hubbard, OH
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Hubbard, OH

I have been working at Set and Service Resources part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working a variety of assignments. Choosing the days I would like to work. Meeting new people, making new friends and visiting new places. 4 hour show up time when we are stood up.

Cons

At times assignments can be scarce. Sometimes customer will cancel the day before assignment is to begin. Grrr... if had I known... I would have picked something else to work.

Thousand of points later, how about the ability to cash some in?

Great Company

Current Contractor - Merchandiser in Raleigh, NC
    Current Contractor - Merchandiser in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Set and Service Resources as a contractor (more than 8 years)

Pros

Work when you want and where you want.It is great to fill in your schedule. Different work locations for different retailers. You get to work with different people and supervisors in the field.

Cons

Lack of work sometimes in my area. Schedules are more sporadic than I would like. You get a lot of notifications about jobs that fill pretty quickly.

Is it a job? Well, uh not for many.

Current Employee - Associate in Chesapeake, VA
    Current Employee - Associate in Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at Set and Service Resources part-time (less than a year)

Pros

If people ask if you have a job you can say yes.

Cons

You can apply for job after job just to be told its already filled. Clearly they are not fair with their assignments or they just hire people they don't really need. Don't bother calling in unless you like leaving voicemails that are never returned. But they do excel at charging you with a no show if you don't check in.

Spread the work among all or just don't hire them.

Set and Service Resources Response

Feb 8, 2015CEO

I am very sorry to hear that your experience has not been pleasant. Feel free to call me directly to discuss how we can improve it. You can contact me by calling our main line (919) 787-5571 and ... More

Assistant merchandiser

I have been working at Set and Service Resources

Pros

Would love a different environment and new experience

Cons

Learning something new and challenging

Amazing Company!!!

Current Contractor - Merchandiser in Boston, MA
    Current Contractor - Merchandiser in Boston, MA

I have been working at Set and Service Resources as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Once you have worked enough project you can "self-assign" yourself to posted job orders. It is also great that pay is weekly and you can really be flexible with your schedule.

Cons

I can only speak for the Massachusetts/Rhode Island area....but there is not a lot of work orders out there as there was a few years ago.

Once given an opportunity to work, they are on top of assignments

I have been working at Set and Service Resources

Pros

when they assign and have projects you don't have to worry about not working. When they are slow, you have too be on top of calling to get assigned and can miss out by minutes on working that day or week.

Cons

failure too communicate between parties. Update them and don't acknowledge the efforts put into making sure they know what is and isn't going on.

be on top of answering calls from your reps regardless of the situation or matter, No one wants to feel like all they are is a number to them. And specially when you know they would not know of things going on unless you are the one telling and updating them on things that the other company should of

Fair experience

Former Employee - Rester/Merchandiser in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Rester/Merchandiser in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Set and Service Resources part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Job updates, extra income, Work experience, one can learn valuable handy work skills.

Cons

No benefits, hours can be less than mentioned

The work involves getting bodily injuries, need to find some sort of benefits programme to cover this

Set and Service Resources Photos