Set and Service Resources

Updated Mar 4, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Erik Hanvey

Merchandising is very fast paced & can be overwhelming at times if not for the amazing admin & schedulers there for you.

Merchandiser (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at Set and Service Resources part-time for less than a year

ProsI've enjoyed is seeing the other side of retail. It's really helped me hone my customer service skills taking it to a whole new level. I've always appreciated a tidy work station/ store and think that if sales associates were to take a little course it would really benefit them as well as the chain they work for.

ConsThe huge shift in schedules can be a bit rough. One day you work say 10 pm - 6am and then two days later your going in at 3 am, then 7 am, the change can be a good thing of course. It dies take some getting used to though!

Advice to Senior ManagementI think if management could find another way to implement clocking in so to speak as opposed to paper time sheets, which can prove difficult for some to fax in causing some delays with payroll it would benefit the company as well as employees. Then maybe trying a weekly payroll schedule instead of the two weeks once your paper time sheet is approved. The money is good once it starts coming in, you just really have to be patient as the first check can take 3-4 weeks.

Walmart Gift Card and Candy Aisle Re-Set for RSS Impact

Independent Contractor for Merchandising Re-sets (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at Set and Service Resources as a contractor for more than a year

ProsAlways on time and fair compensation when work load is less than expected or advertised

ConsInefficient management prior to staff arrival

Advice to Senior ManagementTeam leads should show up earlier and be prepared with proper materials for re-sets, or at the least obtained management's consent to provide help in securing these materials

Pay on time but communication needs improvement.

Merchandiser (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at Set and Service Resources as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsPay on time and you get 4 hours if team lead doesn't show.

ConsFirst party companies cancellations don't get filtered to SASr fast enough.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed faster communications on cancellations or time start changes.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good pay to few assinments

Team Lead (Current Employee)
Brownsville, TX

I have been working at Set and Service Resources part-time for more than 3 years

Prosgood pay , nice work enviroment

Consnot enough jobs my area. willing to travel but wont pay hotel costs to travel and get more work

Advice to Senior Managementinclude hotel to enable more jobs to travel or give hotel discount so i can get more jobs and afford to go to site and stay more days,.

good company to work for

I have been working at Set and Service Resources

ProsGood that you choose jobs to apply for.

ConsWork not steady. Hard to make a schedule. You don't know if you will get what you applied for.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet us more work please.

Great team to work with!

Staff Support Specialist (Current Employee)
Raleigh, NC

Prosgreat office dynamics, great management, training available, all staff work as a team

Conspotential for layoffs when retail industries slow down

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild the business model to alleviate layoffs

Good company to work for if you need work on the side

Various (Current Employee)
Greenville, MS

I have been working at Set and Service Resources part-time for less than a year

ProsThere are months in which you could go to your dashboard/email inbox and see 15-20 job alerts in one day so if you are trying to get back on your feet and have reliable transportation you will be able to do so. Also great for people who only work 25-30 hours a week and need extra income and most of the jobs pay $10-$11/hr

ADVICE: Check your dashboard 1-2 times a day. Trust me. I've applied for jobs 1 hour after receiving an email alert and it would be filled QUICKLY lol. That's why I say check your dashboard AND get email alerts via smartphone (and register with NARMS).

ConsSometimes you can go a month or two without working any jobs. Imagine if this was your only source of income. That's why it's best to work for multiple companies in order to keep bills paid

Sometimes I could apply for jobs 10-30 minutes from home and couldn't get them but got assigned to jobs 75-100 miles away. If a person shows up to all of their assignments and never late reward them. Also you HAVE to bump up that mileage reimbursement. $25 is not enough for a job 110 miles one way.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing major. Just reward your employees with good work records by assigning them to jobs that they prefer.

Love working with the internal staff and people in the field

I have been working at Set and Service Resources full-time for more than 8 years

ProsChoose the work you want and when you want to work. You work with different people in different retailers. Have the ability to find permanent work with the different companies you help. Ability to learn different retail environments and the culture in the stores.

ConsAmount of work available is not always steady. The notice you receive for upcoming work is usually seven days or less.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore advance notice of potential work

Great company to work for

I have been working at Set and Service Resources full-time for more than 3 years

ProsTheir core values of Service, Respect, Passion and Integrity are practiced daily. Lots of work opportunities.

ConsNothing I can think of

If you have the skill set, this company is definitely worth the time.

I have been working at Set and Service Resources

ProsWork at your pace/schedule/availability! Sign in to SASR link, and look for open jobs/assignments. Jobs range from 1-14 days in length. average pay around $11.00/hour.

ConsNot always work available in your 'home' area. Travel may be required. Overnight work may be required. Working in retail environments with customers shopping the sections you are servicing.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore work in the Clovis, NM area, please!

Worked for Set and Service Resources? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Set and Service Resources reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Set and Service Resources CEO Erik Hanvey. All 22 reviews posted anonymously by Set and Service Resources employees.