Set and Service Resources

Updated December 17, 2014
Updated December 17, 2014
4.0

Erik Hanvey

I am going on 5 years with SaSR. I enjoy working for this company. I like being in control of when & where I will work.

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Hubbard, OH
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Hubbard, OH

I have been working at Set and Service Resources part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working a variety of assignments. Choosing the days I would like to work. Meeting new people, making new friends and visiting new places. 4 hour show up time when we are stood up.

Cons

At times assignments can be scarce. Sometimes customer will cancel the day before assignment is to begin. Grrr... if had I known... I would have picked something else to work.

Thousand of points later, how about the ability to cash some in?

Great Company

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Set and Service Resources as a contractor (more than 8 years)

Pros

Work when you want and where you want.It is great to fill in your schedule. Different work locations for different retailers. You get to work with different people and supervisors in the field.

Cons

Lack of work sometimes in my area. Schedules are more sporadic than I would like. You get a lot of notifications about jobs that fill pretty quickly.

Assistant merchandiser

I have been working at Set and Service Resources

Pros

Would love a different environment and new experience

Cons

Learning something new and challenging

Amazing Company!!!

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Boston, MA

I have been working at Set and Service Resources as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Once you have worked enough project you can "self-assign" yourself to posted job orders. It is also great that pay is weekly and you can really be flexible with your schedule.

Cons

I can only speak for the Massachusetts/Rhode Island area....but there is not a lot of work orders out there as there was a few years ago.

Once given an opportunity to work, they are on top of assignments

I have been working at Set and Service Resources

Pros

when they assign and have projects you don't have to worry about not working. When they are slow, you have too be on top of calling to get assigned and can miss out by minutes on working that day or week.

Cons

failure too communicate between parties. Update them and don't acknowledge the efforts put into making sure they know what is and isn't going on.

be on top of answering calls from your reps regardless of the situation or matter, No one wants to feel like all they are is a number to them. And specially when you know they would not know of things going on unless you are the one telling and updating them on things that the other company should of

Fair experience

Former Employee - Rester/Merchandiser in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Rester/Merchandiser in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Set and Service Resources part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Job updates, extra income, Work experience, one can learn valuable handy work skills.

Cons

No benefits, hours can be less than mentioned

The work involves getting bodily injuries, need to find some sort of benefits programme to cover this

wonderful

Current Employee - Independent Contractor for Merchandising Re-sets in Hertford, NC

I have been working at Set and Service Resources part-time (more than an year)

Pros

They are a great company to work for.

Cons

If you are looking for a great company to work for, then you need to get up with Set and Service Resources. It is a lot of hard work involved, but they will try and keep you as busy as they can.

Keep up the great work that you are doing.

unorganized chaos

Current Employee - Rester/Merchandiser in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Rester/Merchandiser in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at Set and Service Resources part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Easy application process. Great dashboard for upcoming work projects. Home office support staff very helpful.

Cons

Not knowing who is in charge. Poor management skills from lead. Not enough projects for my area. Extensive background check, takes a long time to process.

none

Set and Service Resources Response

Aug 26, 2014CEO

Thanks for your response. The people who lead the sets are typically from our clients. Since we are a staffing company, we only provide skilled workers and do not manage or lead projects.

Merchandising is very fast paced & can be overwhelming at times if not for the amazing admin & schedulers there for you.

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Houston, TX

I have been working at Set and Service Resources part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I've enjoyed is seeing the other side of retail. It's really helped me hone my customer service skills taking it to a whole new level. I've always appreciated a tidy work station/ store and think that if sales associates were to take a little course it would really benefit them as well as the chain they work for.

Cons

The huge shift in schedules can be a bit rough. One day you work say 10 pm - 6am and then two days later your going in at 3 am, then 7 am, the change can be a good thing of course. It dies take some getting used to though!

I think if management could find another way to implement clocking in so to speak as opposed to paper time sheets, which can prove difficult for some to fax in causing some delays with payroll it would benefit the company as well as employees. Then maybe trying a weekly payroll schedule instead of the two weeks once your paper time sheet is approved. The money is good once it starts coming in, you just really have to be patient as the first check can take 3-4 weeks.

Set and Service Resources Response

Aug 26, 2014CEO

Thanks for your response! We are actually working on the "Advice to Management. We should have some new announcements by the end of the year. Thanks for your work!

Walmart Gift Card and Candy Aisle Re-Set for RSS Impact

Current Employee - Independent Contractor for Merchandising Re-sets in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Set and Service Resources as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Always on time and fair compensation when work load is less than expected or advertised

Cons

Inefficient management prior to staff arrival

Team leads should show up earlier and be prepared with proper materials for re-sets, or at the least obtained management's consent to provide help in securing these materials

Set and Service Resources Photos