SevOne

Updated January 30, 2015
4.4

SevOne CEO Jack Sweeney
Jack Sweeney

Pros
  • Overall, SevOne has positive atmosphere, and it certainly does carry 'Culture of Awesome' (in 7 reviews)

• Company events are a nice touch (bi-weekly lunches, free ice cream in the summer, etc) (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no reward program, no incentives, just a lot of work (in 2 reviews)

• New CEO slowly replacing existing management and bringing on his own crew (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

1. Featured Review

The best company I've ever worked

I have been working at SevOne full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I love to work in this company.
    Every day I learn a lot of new things.
    The company help us to improve our knowledge and pay for additional qualification courses.
    My colleagues are very friendly. They will help you whenever you need.
    The salary is more than I expected!
    I can work from my home if I needed.
    I'm glad to work for this company!

Cons

The company is very young and sometimes make mistakes, but no one is born learned. For sure the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.

2014: A year at SevOne

Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at SevOne full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Growth, amazing culture, potential to advance, constant learning and challenges leave me very happy.

Cons

There are many challenges and changes as the company evolves from small/mid to Enterprise level. Be prepared to accept these when working at SevOne in this phase.

Upper management really seems to care about the welbeing of the company and the employees and does a great job at balancing the preservation of our great culture as we evolve to a higher level.

pleasant insanity

I have been working at SevOne full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This job is certainly not boring... If you're looking to actually work and get things done this is the place to do it. They have a "work hard play hard" mentality here and it shows .

Cons

Upper management still has more say in every things rather than letting middle management handle it. This results in tasks and ordering slowing down since things have to trickle thru so many layers of management.

Let the managers you hired handle matters they were hired to handle. It would speed things up a bit. Outside of that this place is great, i hope the culture scales with the company.

Bad management and gives employees no direction.

I worked at SevOne

Pros

People are friendly and social. But that will not help you to mich in your career necessarily.

Cons

They need to give their technical SE more and better quality training. They have the worse training services i have ever seen. You don't get support from the team touch and at times give you bad directions. They throw you in the fire and and expect you to know everything. They need to impeove on quality training and as well as management needs to get things in order.

Please get your stuff together and assist your team when needed. You guys are a mess and you need to clean up and get your team on track. MGMT should be clean out.

Dec 2, 2014Corporate Recruiting

Thank you for your feedback and kind words regarding friendliness of our staff. Your recommendations will help us do better in areas concerning training and continuous employee development. This year ... More

Okay Company....

I worked at SevOne full-time

Pros

It's a startup
    You learn a lot
    Chilled out atmosphere office culture company values and training

Cons

Business Side good to work for IT side not good.
    Low pay
    Poor benefits
    Not a startup you might want to join to "startup" your career

None

Nov 24, 2014Corporate Recruiting

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you pointed out our unique Culture and found your time with SevOne a great learning experience. We make certain our employees are compensated fairly and ... More

Politcs, Cliquey and Giant Goals = Not So Awesome

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at SevOne full-time

Pros

The company has an excellent relationship with the local community and universities. The company does a good job of recruiting and selling the Culture of Awesome, and sharing its values verbally with everyone. There's a belief that the company will always "do the right thing" and requires major corporate Kool-Aid consumption, which makes everyone feel an important part of the mission. The proof is in the glassdoor reviews by present employees. The group frisbee activities are fun when weather permits. The founders are decent people. There are ok benefits.

Cons

SevOne today is a pressure cooker. There is a clique-ish culture dividing two camps, one in Boston and one in Wilmington. SevOne has ambitious goals that are not in line with the most successful software companies. The engine requires maximum commitment, endless hours, and is often positioned as total sacrifice. The market and competing for business is described as "the fight of our lives" and leaders call salespeople dinosaurs, saying how lucky they are to be onboard and "we shall never pass this way again." This aggravates many. The customer-facing staff are aware that missing corporate revenue recognition goals requires blood, and heads roll... even performers can be offered up for sacrifice at the end of any financial quarter when politics call for it. Delivery isnt great and can get pretty problematic. Making commish is not tied to closing but based on customer payments that can extend out years. There is considerable spin and a culture of blame is pervasive. SevOne is really painful in the months of March, June, September, and particularly around the holidays. More so than other high growth firms already public. Wilmington is what it is.

Walk the walk of awesomeness, accept a degree of work/life balance as realism requires, drop some of the arrogance and drama from the company. The best people want careers, not just jobs. The recession is over. Be the awesome leaders you tell others you are.

Oct 29, 2014Recruitment Team

Thank you for the review. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us. We always look for ways to improve - from practicing what we preach to sharing our culture to improving the quality of ... More

Great Start to any Sales Career

I have been working at SevOne full-time (less than a year)

Pros

SevOne isn't a "normal" company, and I'm SO happy I can say that. I had multiple internships during my college years at traditional companies, and SevOne definitely has one of the most unique cultures that I have come across.

Although SevOne is rapidly expanding, they are thankfully not shedding their "startup" culture. Nerf guns are around every corner, catered payday lunches are always delicious, and it's not unusual to walk past someone in a suit and then a few seconds later walk past someone in jeans and a t-shirt.

That being said: SevOne embodies the "Work hard, play hard" mentality. Nobody can coast, but at the same time it's because every hire they make is a valuable addition to the SevOne team. I was glad to see that my colleagues who knew the ropes were more than happy to help me when I first started out. The management team knows what they are doing and are always available.

They say if you love your job, you'll never work a day in your life. SevOne makes it easy to love your job.

Cons

No glaring cons that I can think of off the top of my head.

Keep doing what you are doing!

Work hard, play hard

Current Employee - Manager in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Manager in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at SevOne full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

SevOne is a rocket ship of a company. Growing fast, and taking hard workers along in it's wake. The opportunity for advancement here is out of this world for those that put in the time and energy. The work hard/play hard dynamic is alive and well in Delaware! What can I say that hasn't been said? Not much. There's cake, fun people, and people in to what ever kind of things you're in to (muscle cars, import cars, electronics, music, mechanical engineers, quantum physics and anything else you can think of).

Cons

In order to excel, you have to put in the time. That means at least a year in your role (which is much less than at other places), and to truly stand out be willing to stay the extra hour or two when needed.

Continue doing what you're doing, because it's obviously working!!

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! And more Awesome!

I have been working at SevOne

Pros

- The most scalable performance monitoring platform for the world’s most connected companies
    - Exciting industry and great Appliance Hardware
    - Entire team want to do write for customers.
    - Focus on quality and doing things right!
    - Marvelous introduction in to company and industry.

Cons

- Pro and Con: There is a lot going on.
    - Leading Edge services/ delivery keeps everyone on their toes.

Focus on the polling technology and capturing data.

A fast growing company with a great culture.

I have been working at SevOne full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I've been at SevOne for a few months at this point and it has been great. I enjoy coming to work partly due to the people, partly due to the great product, and partly due to how well run the company is. Because the company is young and growing fast, the sentiment that growing from within is definitely something they stand by which encourages new people to strive for greatness. I also like the fact that you set your own day in terms of scheduling and don't have to deal with superiors micro-managing. They choose smart & driven people to join the team and make you responsible for your time.

Cons

Compensation is pretty standard in terms of sales position. Because the company is young, your job does require a lot of work but management notices when you are working hard and they certainly take note of effort.