Severstal

Add Photos

Severstal CEO and Director Alexey A. Mordashov

Alexey A. Mordashov

Severstal NA

Systems Analyst (Former Employee)
Sparrows Point, MD

I worked at Severstal full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat people in US to work for excluding executive management - still trying to do business as if they were in Russia

ConsCorporate wants to control everything, micromanagement at a corporate level. Upper management and some supervisors are trying to run the company as if in Russia.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the people who work for you.

Nepotism

Too Many to Count and One Sorry Paycheck (Current Employee)
Columbus, MS

I have been working at Severstal full-time for more than 5 years

ProsSeverstal has no effective management. They gave up trying to be Nucor and started reinventing the wheel. Poorly. It was a great place to work until the Russians bought them. You can succeed beyond your wildest dreams out there if you can do one of these things, A) Be born or related, doing or married to someone important out there. If you don't know who is important, just look at the top of the hill. Everyone down the hill, not important. B) Be Indian. Lately, they only hire green card Indians to high paying jobs C) Be an outside contractor.

ConsNepotism, low white collar pay, no management, no educational opportunities, no privacy, no trust, no pioneering spirit, no ambition, russians, horrible industry recognition, horrible insurance and the pennypinchers screwing employee stockholders.

Advice to Senior ManagementKill Yourselves.

Worked for Severstal? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Severstal reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Severstal CEO Alexey A. Mordashov. All reviews posted anonymously by Severstal employees.